FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Dec 17, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #15,826 of 18,020
Have they corrected the displaying of "´", "ñ" and others as chinese characters?

Nope, not yet.

changelog didn't mention that it was either.

Dec 17, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #15,827 of 18,020
Judging by its specs (and a hardware volume control?!) it looks like it could poop on the X7. Things are changing fast in the DAP world!

So it was over before it begun.

Dec 17, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #15,828 of 18,020
Dear users,
The beta firmware version FW3.0.12_beta for the X7(Android 5.1) is available!
http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=41832

None of the issues I have consistently reported have been addressed in this or any other FW3.xx beta. I note the prominence you have given the launch of the X5III and the promise to launch it to a global market within one month with stable Android 5.1 FW. I am sure we as owners of your so called flagship DAP are feeling thoroughly let down by FiiO's inability to provide us with a stable FW after twelve iterations of beta versions. I am left with the clear feeling that FiiO's marketing drive is once again on selling hardware at the expense of effort to fully address the FW issues your global customers have regularly reported.

Dec 17, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #15,829 of 18,020
...and now for something completely different...

What are the tiny black washers for that come with the screws for the AM3? I'm assuming they're for mounting the amp, but none of the other amps have these washers.

Dec 17, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #15,831 of 18,020
so is fiio x5iii an upgrade for x7

whta i am really not happy with is that on the fiio x5iii is that they mention that 3rd party apps will have access to the dac so why on earth the x7 does not have this ability, totally unhappy

Dec 17, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #15,832 of 18,020
For those of you who haven't updated to 3.12 yet, this new interface look just like the one shown in X5iii. So maybe by the time X5iii is available X7 would have a stable firmware.

Depends on the definition of stable. I suppose you could say that the current FW is stable in that it doesn't crash the system etc. I think my concern is the missing functionality I.e:
- a decent search engine that allows albums to be played in the correct track order
- the ability to use music streaming services such as Amazon Music
- impelementarion of DoP so that DSD tracks can be played at full resolution from the coax output
- a track timer that shows length of track etc
- effective gapless play (noted that this may appear in the next FW version
Etc

Dec 17, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #15,833 of 18,020
you'll have to reflash.

Thanks for feedback CH23. Meanwhile your answer I thought "why not give it a try? and it worked!!
X7 is back to 3.0.11 ... and Rocking again... :wink:

Regards

Dec 17, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #15,834 of 18,020

Fiio has an option for the X3ii/X5ii that allows you to set the volume, to a safe level, after startup or reboot. I personally love this option which has saved my ears on a few occasions. Any chance this could be implemented on the X7?

It's already there in the music app:

settings > custom volume (i believe for default volume at startup?)
settings > max volume

That just sets highest volume possible during regular use. The function I'm describing sets it up so that if you had your volume at 90 and shut down it would restart at say 60 if that's the setting you chose.

I used it just to be safe.

Dec 17, 2016 at 12:55 PM Post #15,835 of 18,020
That just sets highest volume possible during regular use. The function I'm describing sets it up so that if you had your volume at 90 and shut down it would restart at say 60 if that's the setting you chose.

The first function does exactly that. After reboot when you open the music app, it goes to the volume you set in 'custom volume' :)

Dec 17, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #15,836 of 18,020

The first function does exactly that. After reboot when you open the music app, it goes to the volume you set in 'custom volume'
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh WoW That makes me happy!
etysmile.gif

Dec 17, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #15,837 of 18,020
Depends on the definition of stable. I suppose you could say that the current FW is stable in that it doesn't crash the system etc. I think my concern is the missing functionality I.e:
- a decent search engine that allows albums to be played in the correct track order
- the ability to use music streaming services such as Amazon Music
- impelementarion of DoP so that DSD tracks can be played at full resolution from the coax output
- a track timer that shows length of track etc
- effective gapless play (noted that this may appear in the next FW version
Etc

Physical pause button in neutron that doesn't fast forward.

Dec 18, 2016 at 2:39 AM Post #15,839 of 18,020
  I don't know if is placebo, but for me is the best and pleasurable firmware sound so far!!

I have the same feeling. It seems the soundstage is wider and that there's more detail, but I don't know if it's even posible to change the sound with software....
There is still a lot of coverart not shown in the Fiio app, but I use Hiby and it works fine for me. I hope I can use the pure music mode in the near future though.

Dec 18, 2016 at 3:17 AM Post #15,840 of 18,020
I have the same feeling. It seems the soundstage is wider and that there's more detail, but I don't know if it's even posible to change the sound with software....
There is still a lot of coverart not shown in the Fiio app, but I use Hiby and it works fine for me. I hope I can use the pure music mode in the near future though.

There are plenty of people on FiiO official site forums not pleased with the sound change on this last beta 3.0.12. In fact, +50% of the replies refer changes in sound and that it is worse, having flashed back to 3.0.11. Yes, its not a placebo, SQ has been changed along the betas, to my perception the best on 3.0.0 to 7,10 and 11, worst 3.0.8, 9 and 12. Being better or worst is relative to the rest of the gear, amp, phones, personal preference, etc, so this is my opinion with the gear I mostly use, but that the sound is changing, yes, its changing ...

My 2 cents

Users who are viewing this thread

Back