FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Oct 31, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #15,032 of 18,020
Sorry to hear that...i think it's the best player at this price point.

...but i do understand as i have been frustrated as well as the software glitches...

it really does have a good sound and flexibility designed into it.

Fiio has worked hard in the introduction of the AMP options; now work on the software!

Oct 31, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #15,034 of 18,020
I hope the new firmware will finish from being a beta release and that it will be rootable so I can install v4a without clitches

Oct 31, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #15,037 of 18,020
I hope that Fiio introduce aptX on the final firmware. I use the X7 everyday at the GYM.

APTX is bound to the used chip as well, the required chip is not there, so not achievable by a FW update unfortunately 

Oct 31, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #15,038 of 18,020
  Have any one notice the problem with the X7 when playing Youtube using the Youtube App?
The audio plays but the video is completely froze.
I notice it with all the FW 3.x.x

Yes, I've noticed the same. Video was always a bit glitchy in early firmwares, but it did play video (from YT Music app too) in FW 2.0. Now there's nothing. This is probably a low-priority item for FiiO though.

Oct 31, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #15,039 of 18,020
I have a question.
Today I listen to music from my Samsung smartphone using Player Pro and also Tidal. I have a Fiio E12
As I understand this Fiio X7 would give me better soundquality. 
I use Tidal a lot.

Can I listen to Tidal in offline mode like in a smartphone ??
That would be really nice

Thanx

Oct 31, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #15,040 of 18,020
We recommend some binaural albums. Sounds great on Fiio X7. Really impressive. Only to play with headphones:

https://www.nativedsd.com/homepage/binaural_dsd_music

"The difference between the DSD Binaural version and the DSD Stereo version is a matter of taste. The DSD Binaural version delivers a very precise image that sounds especially good when heard on headphones. The DSD Stereo version presents more of the rich sound quality of the ensemble when heard on loudspeakers. I leave it up to the listener as to which version you’d like to enjoy this music."

The difference between stereo and binaural listening

The difference between stereo and binaural recordings is the microphone setup used. The intended result are recordings optimized for either spaced loudspeakers or headphones. For stereo recordings, the primary microphones are two omnidirectional mics typically spaced four to eight feet apart, matching the spacing of most home loudspeaker placements. 

Ways of recording

There are many variants on this home loudspeaker placement approach, but spaced omni's supported with much lower level mixed in spot mic's is the most widely used. Binaural recordings are always made with only two microphones implanted into a head shaped sphere. In some instances like the Neumann KU-100 Dummy Head: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLjyZm5trUY

Playing a binaural recording on a stereo setup

While binaural recordings are specifically intended for headphones, and will not reproduce the same in standard speaker setups (due to crosstalk of left speaker reaching one's right ear, etc) it is in no way damaging to hear the recordings on a stereo setup.

Conclusion

One is not better than the other, it is a matter of personal taste and quality of recording that is offered. Your choice is entirely dependent upon how you intend on listening; spaced speakers or headphones. Binaural over headphones is a remarkable experience, and over speakers sounds monophonic. 

Oct 31, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #15,042 of 18,020
I thought AptX is just a coding algorithm/codec (better than regular one in terms of SQ) for compressing audio files to transmit through Bluetooth. I might be wrong.

Oct 31, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #15,043 of 18,020
  Not true.  @JamesFiiO told us earlier in the thread they have the license and the chip for aptx and it will be implemented. 

I thought AptX is just a coding algorithm/codec (better than regular one in terms of SQ) for compressing audio files to transmit through Bluetooth. I might be wrong.

just looked back and it seems you are both right, so let's wait what the future firmware upgrade will bring! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back