FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Oct 26, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #14,926 of 18,020
Thanks Brooko! If FiiO are agreeable, I can start this rolling. FiiO, please feel free to PM me about this.

I've been thinking of doing the same thing from a month ago, but instead of a bug tracker, i think to make a whishlist when the beta ends.

Oct 27, 2016 at 3:59 AM Post #14,927 of 18,020

I've been thinking of doing the same thing from a month ago, but instead of a bug tracker, i think to make a whishlist when the beta ends.

Surely FiiO has its own bug tracking list with a very well defined set of priorities (couldn't be another way), but considering the way "some" things went in the last few months (so many questions asked repeatedly so many times), I wonder:

1) how that list is fed and how bug priority is scaled up and down the list;
2) How/Who colects feedback from this forum and if it reaches that list, again with what priority;

I suspect FiiO is working in the new FiiO music app so its scaling down priorities of bugs related with the current app, fixing only whats essential to keep it working "as-is" - that's why we still don't have gapless, replay gain and a lot of other very aparently simple things corrected. I hope things would go that route.. but would love if I had some feedback from FiiO on this...

My 2 cents

Oct 27, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #14,928 of 18,020
i have a feeling we will see fiio x8 before this new firmware will be released

Oct 27, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #14,929 of 18,020
  i have a feeling we will see fiio x8 before this new firmware will be released

Nice ... And I'm getting a Playstation 5 before FiiO X8 ... lets have our priorities sorted 
popcorn.gif

Oct 27, 2016 at 8:58 AM Post #14,930 of 18,020

Nice ... And I'm getting a Playstation 5 before FiiO X8 ... lets have our priorities sorted 
popcorn.gif

​I guess this will last android dap by fiio

so if u look at from the bright side soon the x7 will be a collector item and all other new fiio daps will not have full blown android

Oct 27, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #14,931 of 18,020

​I guess this will last android dap by fiio

so if u look at from the bright side soon the x7 will be a collector item and all other new fiio daps will not have full blown android

Too late - I remember FiiO saying a few months ago their next flagship DAP would be Android based. X7 will have its definitive, stable, full feature FW in a couple of weeks, max 1 month (I'm very good doing guess work) ... LOL 
atsmile.gif

I can't (don't want to) believe anything as a sucessor to X7 would be announced before this happens.

Oct 27, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #14,932 of 18,020

Too late - I remember FiiO saying a few months ago their next flagship DAP would be Android based. X7 will have its definitive, stable, full feature FW in a couple of weeks, max 1 month (I'm very good doing guess work) ... LOL 
atsmile.gif

I can't (don't want to) believe anything as a sucessor to X7 would be announced before this happens.

lets hope for the best

Oct 27, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #14,935 of 18,020
AMP MODULES for Fiio x7

Is there any chances of:

1) Some kind of Flagship bigger amp module for the Fiio x7, Class A with lots of the audiophile bells and whistles (Thinking about a Aune b1, Alo, cavalli audio or other great portable amps)...an amp that trully stops you from stacking an external amp!.

1) A capable electrostatic module?, imagine using your entry level or hi-end stax paired with you Fiio x7

It would be very nice, just sayin :´) 

Oct 27, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #14,936 of 18,020
Not sure why you guys are all hoping for an x7 upgrade. Sound quality is excellent, and depending on amp choice it can drive anything well (within reason for a portable setup). Seems to me an upgrade at this point would just be to conform to the silly cell phone upgrade pattern.

I am sure Fiio will get the firmware working. The question will be, will they get features working that people in North America value? Maybe, maybe not. We are not Fiio's primary markplace after all.

Oct 27, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #14,937 of 18,020

Yes, I known it is very important to you guys although very very few Chinese people use this features. 

James, I'd like congratulate you and your team for building such a great sounding DAP and you particularly for working so hard with this demanding (and sometimes entitled) community.
However, I would also like to point out that gapless isn't about what's important to which market. You guys use this to advertise the product yourselves — in English, to appeal to English-speaking customers.

I got my X7 9 months ago and still don't have gapless. Should the marketing material instead say "Gapless playback eventually supported in future firmware revisions"?
I'm pointing this out to help you see how some of your grateful English-speaking clients can feel off-put about this.
There are other issues too, like weird playback skips when using the remote control along with EQ.

I know a thing or two about software development and I totally get how unforeseen circumstances can affect delivery dates, but these delays will end up hurting your brand within the community. Please do yourselves and us a favor and deliver the promised functionality :)

Oct 27, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #14,938 of 18,020

James, I'd like congratulate you and your team for building such a great sounding DAP and you particularly for working so hard with this demanding (and sometimes entitled) community.
However, I'd like to point out that gapless isn't about what's important to which market. You guys use this to advertise the product yourselves in English, to appeal to English-speaking customers.

I got my X7 9 months ago and still don't have gapless. Should the marketing material instead say "Gapless playback eventually supported in future firmware revisions"?
I'm pointing this out to help you see how some of your grateful English-speaking clients can feel off-put about this.
There are other issues too, like weird playback skips when using the remote control along with EQ.

I know a thing or two about software development and I totally get how unforeseen circumstances can affect delivery dates, but these delays will end up hurting your brand within the community. Please do yourselves and us a favor and deliver the promised functionality :)

I also would like to add that after 5 months of owning it - I still never experienced true DSD, even though it is supported and written everywhere. 
Can I know, when, finally, I can expect listening DSD tracks through Fiio Player? No sacd, .ddf and anytype of DSD format are not supported in any firmware version so far!
Please, Fiio, Can I know the date?
P.s: btw guys, what is gapless playback? I just do not understand why so much mess around it xD Probably, I need it too?)

Oct 27, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #14,939 of 18,020
  I also would like to add that after 5 months of owning it - I still never experienced true DSD, even though it is supported and written everywhere. 
Can I know, when, finally, I can expect listening DSD tracks through Fiio Player? No sacd, .ddf and anytype of DSD format are not supported in any firmware version so far!
P.s: btw guys, what is gapless playback? I just do not understand why so much mess around it xD Probably, I need it too?)

DSD is definitely supported. I have 3 or 4 albums on my X7 in DSD which all play fine. The only limitation is that it cannot play DSD 256

Oct 27, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #14,940 of 18,020

30% of my music collection is in DSD. DSD64 and DSD128. And its correctly plays on Fiio excepts one album that produces no sound and send to Fiio to check it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back