FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Oct 9, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #14,643 of 18,020
  Like Replaygain.

Again - Neutron has it.  If it is that important to you - why not try the Neutron player in the X7?  It'll at least get you through until they implement it in Pure Music mode.

Oct 9, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #14,644 of 18,020
Nice to make your acquaintance.

I scanned through the thread and it prompted me to post the problem with the FiiO X7 5.1βfirmware version, a problem that has been thought to be eradicated.

・Common area of improvement that can find to both Android 4.4Firmware and 5.1βFirmware
As the account does not have settings, the Google account that has been determined once can no longer be cancelled, no matter what.
For instance, in regards to Google Play Music and Youtube. I face difficulties when it comes to changing the account.

・(Although this point may already has been recognised,) desired area of improvement for 5.1βFW
Searching via the use of Jaoanese is typically undoable (it's worse than the 4.4FW).
As I often use the search function, I request that you rectify this problem.

・DK1 Dock Lineout does not work properly

Please kindly consider. Thank you.

Oct 9, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #14,645 of 18,020
Another bug found: 

. The VU Meter is lagging. Not fast at all.
. The album art are not been load.
. Search function are not working properly

For me, the sound has changed too. I think that the sound is more mid/high centric and the bass lost the slam, impact. The Fiio Music app are much faster, but the Search are not working properly.

Oct 9, 2016 at 8:48 PM Post #14,646 of 18,020
  @Fred-svv
I would say no. I don't mind the new release but Fiio has said they are going to release frequent updates until the new FW works to their approval. I would wait til a few updates improve some basic functions.

I install only because of the improvements in the sound. The player is more fast, but has some bugs. The Search are not good yet, the Arts are not loadind and for me, the bass has changed too.

Oct 9, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #14,647 of 18,020
So, are you guys saying the 3.0fw bass is less or more than 2? If the 3.0 reduces bass I won't be upgrading.

Oct 9, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #14,649 of 18,020
Assuming this bass change is legit, it's a bit concerning to us bassheads. I personally like where it is more. Heck, I wouldn't mind a little more thump.

Oct 9, 2016 at 11:46 PM Post #14,652 of 18,020

Please tell me how you think they can satisfy everyone's sound preference?  They can't so they do what they feel is right and yes some won't like it and others will.  

If there are audible differences between 2.0 and 3.0, it's most likely due to trying to lower the power consumption and streamlining the software, and not due to any deliberate attempt to change the sound signature. If you measure the sound output from the X7 with 2.0 and 3.0 firmware, they should be identical except for maybe jitter differences, which, a good percentage of people will argue, shouldn't even be audible.

Oct 9, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #14,653 of 18,020
Interesting enough, the version I have doesn't seem to be evaluation, installed it from FiiO Market. So in doubt I set my google play account, added paypal ready to purchase full app, search results two apps, the full app and the eval and it shows the full as installed...!?

Maybe I am missing something?

Guess I was wrong, great news! Love Neutron, thanks for letting me know.

Oct 10, 2016 at 12:49 AM Post #14,654 of 18,020
As a basshead(?), I actually like this change, the sound has improved vastly on neutron and the sound is !!BALANCED!!
I know I've said balanced before, but this freaking company just blows me away with how much they have up their sleeves.
Seriously, the treble and bass just blend SOOO well!

Don't update if you have the AM1 though, I discourage that. If you don't care for balance and only want concentrated bass beats, this is not for you.
I don't think I'm a basshead at this point, I'm more mid-centric, I'm unsure if there are words other than treblehead and basshead.
Good luck peeps!

Oct 10, 2016 at 12:56 AM Post #14,655 of 18,020
As a basshead(?), I actually like this change, the sound has improved vastly on neutron and the sound is !!BALANCED!!
I know I've said balanced before, but this freaking company just blows me away with how much they have up their sleeves.
Seriously, the treble and bass just blend SOOO well!

Don't update if you have the AM1 though, I discourage that. If you don't care for balance and only want concentrated bass beats, this is not for you.
I don't think I'm a basshead at this point, I'm more mid-centric, I'm unsure if there are words other than treblehead and basshead.
Good luck peeps!

Midhead

Users who are viewing this thread

Back