FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Sep 25, 2016 at 2:58 AM Post #14,401 of 18,020
  I realized that the topic is on fire due to discussion of problems in Fiio X7, so I apologize for making a simple beginner question. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Within a few weeks I'll get my Fiio X7 with AM5 amplifier module. I would like to take the following questions:

I have 3 headphones: Audio Technica CKS70 (16 ohms), ATH-M50x (38 ohms) and Sennheiser HD 650 (300 0hms).

From what I read, the AM5 amplifier module provides enough power to drive the Sennheiser HD 650 without any problem (please correct me if I'm wrong)

But what happens if I plug in the other two headphones (with a much lower impedance compared to HD 650 ) in the same AM5 amplifier module?
  My headphones can burn, break or something bad happens?

I know I'll probably be spending more battery using an amplifier for headphones with low impedance, but my question is about only to the risk of simply destroy connecting the wrong headphones accidentally into an amplifier.

Thank you for the help of all of you! 

Sep 25, 2016 at 3:40 AM Post #14,402 of 18,020
  I realized that the topic is on fire due to discussion of problems in Fiio X7, so I apologize for making a simple beginner question. :bigsmile_face:

Within a few weeks I'll get my Fiio X7 with AM5 amplifier module. I would like to take the following questions:

I have 3 headphones: Audio Technica CKS70 (16 ohms), ATH-M50x (38 ohms) and Sennheiser HD 650 (300 0hms).

From what I read, the AM5 amplifier module provides enough power to drive the Sennheiser HD 650 without any problem (please correct me if I'm wrong)

But what happens if I plug in the other two headphones (with a much lower impedance compared to HD 650 ) in the same AM5 amplifier module?
  My headphones can burn, break or something bad happens?

I know I'll probably be spending more battery using an amplifier for headphones with low impedance, but my question is about only to the risk of simply destroy connecting the wrong headphones accidentally into an amplifier.

Thank you for the help of all of you! 

No risk using your low impedance cans with AM5.

Sep 25, 2016 at 3:55 AM Post #14,404 of 18,020
  Thanks, just curious... what about the stock am1 module and dt 990 pro 250ohm???

am1 is comapring a fiat to a mercedes compared to other amps

Sep 25, 2016 at 6:16 AM Post #14,405 of 18,020
No risk using your low impedance cans with AM5.

Thanks for the answer, ReizeiMako

Just a curiosity:  AM5 is the module that provides greater power and there is no problem in connecting headphones with low impedance on it, right?

So what is the reason of the other modules (AM2, AM3) costing the same amount of AM5? Is there any situation where it is more advantageous to buy the AM3 instead of AM5?

Sep 25, 2016 at 6:29 AM Post #14,406 of 18,020
   Thanks for the answer, ReizeiMako

Just a curiosity:  AM5 is the module that provides greater power and there is no problem in connecting headphones with low impedance on it, right?

So what is the reason of the other modules (AM2, AM3) costing the same amount of AM5? Is there any situation where it is more advantageous to buy the AM3 instead of AM5?

Nope - you're safe. None of the modules are majorly powerful.

For a rundown of the different modules - this might help:
AM2
AM3
AM5
AM2A

Sep 25, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #14,409 of 18,020
Since the AM3 gets so little love on here  I sure hope the new OS/firmware combo gives it some more magic. Then I can brag!

He he... You can brag NOW! AM3 is awesome, never left my X7 once there. More magic with new FW? Sure, why not?; leave it as it is? Sure!

:wink:

Sep 25, 2016 at 8:23 PM Post #14,412 of 18,020
  What is the best music app that everyone has been using so far? Is there an agreement over which music app sounds best / has most features?

I was overly happy with Fiio's own but am curious on which other music apps are very good?

The stock player is okay. I like Poweramp myself. It seems more smooth. More finished. If you go that route don't bother with the v3.0 Beta as it's not ready for prime time yet.

Sep 25, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #14,413 of 18,020
  What is the best music app that everyone has been using so far? Is there an agreement over which music app sounds best / has most features?

I was overly happy with Fiio's own but am curious on which other music apps are very good?

rocket player, it has several features fiio music doesnt have and its more stable
- remember last item (fiio doesnt have this, when you restart the player you wont be able to resume what's left last time)
- lockscreen artwork (not really necessary but its nice)
- unsync embedded lyrics (fiio only shows synced lyric)
- gapless is working fine
- support external m3u playlist (you can edit and add the queue, which fiio only able to read it via its folder browser)
- album artist (for some people its necessary)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back