FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Aug 14, 2016 at 5:14 PM Post #13,816 of 18,020
we all need to give fiio a break guys, they are offering a high end dap for a price like no other

yes there are bugs, and there are wishes we all hope for but lets not get too demanding and remember that they are working hard to address things

i have my own wishes like a better eq or even a basshead amp and I asked many times with no answer from their end, but i will not start slamming them around as Fiio is a great company and they listen to users unlike other companies

so lets give them more time and things will get better and better

Actually, it's always a good thing to let a company know what you like and don't like about a product, as this way they know what can be improved.

What is bad though, is yelling things when an answer had already been given, and not giving any actual feedback but just yelling that a company is bad.

Aug 14, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #13,818 of 18,020
  we mast wait for a more time??
r u jokin' )))))  now, after 1 year after x7 release, is time for new player, and not for new FW)))))))))))))))))))

please take it easy Bro

simply if you do not like it, sell it and buy another dap

fiio x7 is a dap that will get better just be patient

Aug 14, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #13,819 of 18,020
X7 is working not stable. Astell&Kern is no need any FW. it works with NO any FW update.

And then, what music were you listening on X7 when that terrible thing happened?

Aug 14, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #13,820 of 18,020
we mast wait for a more time??
r u jokin' )))))  now, after 1 year after x7 release, is time for new player, and not for new FW)))))))))))))))))))

Why is it time for new hardware?

I use a 2008 laptop that works just fine. Sure i update my software every once in a while, but the thing keeps going.

so yes, we "mast" wait for more time, and no, i am not "jokin' )))))"

Aug 14, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #13,823 of 18,020
Thanks for the reply. I was looking at Dignis for quite a while now - the only thing that's holding me back is that there's no cutout for the physical buttons.

I might get this one instead - http://www.ebay.com/itm/A6-EASECASE-Custom-Made-Genuine-Leather-case-for-Fiio-X7-/262549348122?hash=item3d21291f1a:g:Q7EAAOSwcdBWTXe~

I have the Dignis case, which is definitely nicer (but more expensive) than FiiO's case. The above case on eBay has one unique feature which I wish both the Dignis and FiiO cases had - the opening is at the top. With both the FiiO and Dignis cases, there's a tendency for the player to slip out while you're holding the case. On the other hand, this EASECASE looks (as with the FiiO case) as though it would obscure the blue LED on the front of the X7.

Aug 15, 2016 at 2:31 AM Post #13,824 of 18,020
Hey guys hope someone could help. I plan on upgrading my Fiio X5II to the X7 with the standard AM1 amp module. I will only be using the X7 with IEMS for now. My question is, is it worth the upgrade? Anyone who has done the switch or currently own both care to chime in? By the way ill have to let go of the X5II so keeping both is not an option. I hold the X5II on a pretty high pedestal. I got rid of an AKjr and an AK100II cause of my preference towards the sound sig of the X5II.

Another thing is I plan on using the X7 with the FLC8s. Do these 2 pair well or is the X5II FLC8s a better pairing?

Aug 15, 2016 at 2:52 AM Post #13,825 of 18,020
Hey guys hope someone could help. I plan on upgrading my Fiio X5II to the X7 with the standard AM1 amp module. I will only be using the X7 with IEMS for now. My question is, is it worth the upgrade? Anyone who has done the switch or currently own both care to chime in? By the way ill have to let go of the X5II so keeping both is not an option. I hold the X5II on a pretty high pedestal. I got rid of an AKjr and an AK100II cause of my preference towards the sound sig of the X5II.

Another thing is I plan on using the X7 with the FLC8s. Do these 2 pair well or is the X5II FLC8s a better pairing?

I personally believe that the X7 with AM2 is worth the upgrade in terms of sound quality. However, the battery life will be about 8 hours max, while the X5² has about 11 hours if i remember correctly?

Aug 15, 2016 at 3:10 AM Post #13,826 of 18,020
I personally believe that the X7 with AM2 is worth the upgrade in terms of sound quality. However, the battery life will be about 8 hours max, while the X5² has about 11 hours if i remember correctly?

Thanks for the input. So the AM1 wih the Fiio not much of an upgrade then? I havent really timed the X5II but I charge it every other day.

Aug 15, 2016 at 5:12 AM Post #13,827 of 18,020

imo, x5ii and x7 have similar signature and a bit different touch here and there (which i dont remember), and in term of SQ its not big different. unless you need UI and power, and only want to drive iem, stick with your x5ii. 

Aug 15, 2016 at 7:37 AM Post #13,829 of 18,020
@JamesFiiO

I'm new to the X7 party but i noticed a couple of things that you might need to address on the next firmware (maybe it was already mentioned here but haven't come across it). I'm on firmware 2.0, in Pure Music Mode.

- on the now playing screen, the start time of each track is always "30:00". This should be "00:00"

- on the lock screen (lock screen setting is 'Slide'), while i have music playing, when i select the next track - the title and artist shown on the lock screen is still the same - 'stuck', the only way to reflect the correct artist and song title is when the screen blacks out and you turn it on again.

- Time settings - please add an option for 12hour (AM/PM)

Edit: added FiiO

Aug 15, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #13,830 of 18,020
I have the Dignis case, which is definitely nicer (but more expensive) than FiiO's case. The above case on eBay has one unique feature which I wish both the Dignis and FiiO cases had - the opening is at the top. With both the FiiO and Dignis cases, there's a tendency for the player to slip out while you're holding the case. On the other hand, this EASECASE looks (as with the FiiO case) as though it would obscure the blue LED on the front of the X7.

I purchased the tuff-luv leather case for the x-7 and I really like it. They too have an opening at the top to pull out the x-7 easily. website is www.tuff-luv.com.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back