FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jul 21, 2016 at 4:48 AM Post #13,351 of 18,020
I really don't notice any difference,but I didn't spend a super long time looking for one either. If the Fiio app sounds that different from several other apps it would make me wonder if it was colouring the sound in some way.

i have to add, when i buy a dap the first thing I do use a song I know by heart how it sounds, so with the Fiio stock app the sound signature is totally different than any 3rd party music app I install. Its a day and night difference. Mostly the difference is in the mids where they sound more upfront and full as @warrior1975 said

I wanted so much to use neutron and V4a but for now I am sticking to fiio stock app. 

Jul 21, 2016 at 7:05 AM Post #13,352 of 18,020
BUG Reporting

Since 2.0 update my device always starts two times. When i power it it goes to the start screen and stays on it, no input possible. Then restarts and works fine. Overall it takes ages

Jul 21, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #13,353 of 18,020
  BUG Reporting

Since 2.0 update my device always starts two times. When i power it it goes to the start screen and stays on it, no input possible. Then restarts and works fine. Overall it takes ages

Are you using a 200 GB micro SD card? 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 21, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #13,357 of 18,020
just recieved am5 and it sounds great, i prefer it even over my am3

the bass is better tighter, and the whole sound signature is more appealing to me , its more full layered than am3

i even like my am5 much more than am3 balanced, despite its marketed to be for headphones

my initial impression is am5 is like using my headstage arrow 5tx with iems

i really like am5 with my oppo pm1 alot alot alot thanks fiio, just whats left is google error message to fix

Jul 21, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #13,360 of 18,020
Idle Power Off in v2.0 works for me

Thanks for the feedback. Can you let me know what amp module you have and what type of SD card? Also, are you able to get the idle poweroff to work with both modes (full Android and pure music mode)?

P.S. I'm using the am2 amp module with a 200 Gb SanDisk microSD card formatted with exFat, device firmware 2.0 (re-installed multiple times) and idle poweroff isn't working for me in either Android or pure music modes :frowning2:

Jul 21, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #13,361 of 18,020
I can't configure Wi-Fi Manual Mode by adding a new Wi-Fi. Save Settings is disable.

Jul 21, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #13,362 of 18,020
  Thanks for the feedback. Can you let me know what amp module you have and what type of SD card? Also, are you able to get the idle poweroff to work with both modes (full Android and pure music mode)?

P.S. I'm using the am2 amp module with a 200 Gb SanDisk microSD card formatted with exFat, device firmware 2.0 (re-installed multiple times) and idle poweroff isn't working for me in either Android or pure music modes :frowning2:

I've narrowed it down to the SDCard. As soon as I eject my 200 Gb SanDisk card, the Idle Poweroff feature works. Plug the card back in - Idle Poweroff stops working again :frowning2:  I suspect some background process is indexing the external storage.

FiiO, can this information help you to fix this issue? I can't give up my 200 Gb card!

Jul 21, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #13,363 of 18,020
I use the same sdCard and same firmware,

I have the same problem at startup

I had the same problem with Sandisk 200Gb card and solved it formatting card on computer (Win) using exFat format, as already mentioned.

Note: Do not erase card on X7 because it will re-format FAT32 and problem returns

My 2 cents

Jul 21, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #13,364 of 18,020
I had the same problem with Sandisk 200Gb card and solved it formatting card on computer (Win) using exFat format, as already mentioned.

Note: Do not erase card on X7 because it will re-format FAT32 and problem returns

My 2 cents

I had the same problem. I also had a FAT32-formatted card at the time. Reformatted the SD card as exFat (on a Mac), and I don't have that issue anymore. I still have to be very careful to strip out any hidden OS X system files any time a Mac goes near my X7. The X7 really doesn't like those .* and ._.* files!

Jul 21, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #13,365 of 18,020
  just recieved am5 and it sounds great, i prefer it even over my am3

the bass is better tighter, and the whole sound signature is more appealing to me , its more full layered than am3

i even like my am5 much more than am3 balanced, despite its marketed to be for headphones

my initial impression is am5 is like using my headstage arrow 5tx with iems

i really like am5 with my oppo pm1 alot alot alot thanks fiio, just whats left is google error message to fix

happy for you! good luck
me to use am5 for joy
about the google error problem just had erasure that service from fiio as i don't need it at whole

Users who are viewing this thread

Back