FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jul 9, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #13,066 of 18,020

for me, if the stock app doesnt fit in my requirement well i dont mind degrade the SQ a bit. that's why im sticking with jetaudio until fiio solve all the problem and add all the features i need

I agree with this - but I also see progress in the Fiio application that gives me hope that it will evolve into what I need.

In the interim, I am finding that, ironically, the Onkyo HF Player (This is a non-device-specific version of the player written for the DP-X1) has been working great for me.

I think all of these guys making the players are struggling with the transition that occurs when you go from having storage for a few hundred to a couple-thousand songs loaded to having storage for tens of thousands of songs. The user needs to interact with the app differently in that case. Examples:

1) Handling of the Genre tag and navigation: NOBODY in the mobile hifi world gets that when you have 17000 tracks loaded on a device (I have a loaded 1 TB Samsung T3 on the USB/OTG connector on my X7), you might have 400-500 albums in a single genre. Having navigation go straight from genre to album becomes almost-unusable in such cases. You need to pass through Artist first...and on that note...
2) NOBODY in the mobile hifi world handles artist vs album artist and the compilation tag correctly either. I have found ONE player for android that does this well, and it does not play lossless/hi-res formats at all.

In short - while the people building the hardware and drivers need to continue to be mindful that the device is portable - it is increasingly being USED in a manner that is not consistent with prior "portable" use-cases, and the software engineers for the player apps really need to shift their thinking more toward desktop-like large-library navigation a bit on the concept side. A little "quality play-around time" with the likes of MediaMonkey, FooBar, and jRiver Media Center would expand these folks minds a bit about how dealing with large libraries might be handled better on these now huge portable devices, in that they might start to recognize that some things that were once "right" for the desktop and "wrong" for portable world are now "right" for the portable world too.

Jul 9, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #13,067 of 18,020
AM3 is awesome !!! (No intention to inflict pain...)
wink.gif

Really improved soundstage balanced, such a dark background, bright but not thin, love at 1st sight.

Damned, it was a pain with postage and customs, took me half of day but it was worthy

Regards

Hi Paulo

Mine has just arrived in London processing centre so I should receive it in the next couple of days.

What was the problem with postage and customs?  Mine is coming from FiiO under the 50% discount scheme

Regards

Jul 9, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #13,068 of 18,020
Hi Paulo

Mine has just arrived in London processing centre so I should receive it in the next couple of days.

What was the problem with postage and customs?  Mine is coming from FiiO under the 50% discount scheme

Regards

Ditto - purchased under the 50% discount scheme.

Saled through customs. From ship to door in approximately 7 days with 24hrs of those taking temporary residence at the Post Office depot having missed the postie a day prior.

It's quite perceivable that the already holographic X7 is taken to a greater level with the AM3. I've only used SE but, have an incoming balanced cable with hope of taking delivery next week to pair with the Trinity Atlas.

Jul 9, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #13,069 of 18,020
Does anyone in the US have a time to deliver the 50% modules after you get the tracking number? No complaints, just trying to get an estimate to set my own expectations. 

Jul 9, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #13,070 of 18,020
Mine just got here to the states. Shipped on the 1st ih July. I'm hoping next week I'll receive my AM3.

Jul 9, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #13,071 of 18,020
Ditto - purchased under the 50% discount scheme.

Saled through customs. From ship to door in approximately 7 days with 24hrs of those taking temporary residence at the Post Office depot having missed the postie a day prior.

It's quite perceivable that the already holographic X7 is taken to a greater level with the AM3. I've only used SE but, have an incoming balanced cable with hope of taking delivery next week to pair with the Trinity Atlas.

Thank you for that.  Mine seems to be making good progress.  I was just a bit concerned about customs, I don't want them capturing all the discount

Jul 9, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #13,072 of 18,020
Hi Paulo

Regards

Hi, not much of a problem, more about all the steps to deal with the import.

It was reasonably fast arriving Portugal (one week) but then took more than two weeks to be sent to customs. Then the postal service sent me a registered letter to go to customs, make proof of the value paid, emails with screen shots from PayPal and conversation with FiiO... Etc. Coming from China and being more than 22 euros (around 43 euros for the $50 US) its subject to VAT and import taxes. Then they send the process to postal services again to be distributed and picked with payment... a whole month ... Huff... - Even so, $50 for AM3 + 21 euros of taxes, still under MSRP, it was a good deal.

Regards

Jul 9, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #13,073 of 18,020
csglinux Leave us bassheads alone bro!!! :wink: What you feel is corrupting the sound, some of us feel it's improving the sound. Perhaps Fiio can make both, the one that you prefer, and the one we prefer.

Also, using the stock player and eq, is less than ideal. I'm not a fan of the eq with the stock app, hence my request for a basshead module. I have all bass heavy IEMS, so getting more won't help. I prefer not stacking the X7 when I'm about, even with a small amp like the Headstage Arrow. A basshead module would satisfy us and lessen the need for the stack. :wink:

That's not meant to be nasty in anyway, so please don't misinterpret what I'm saying. You seem like a cool dude and not looking to argue or cause any trouble.

Jul 9, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #13,074 of 18,020
Hi, not much of a problem, more about all the steps to deal with the import.

It was reasonably fast arriving Portugal (one week) but then took more than two weeks to be sent to customs. Then the postal service sent me a registered letter to go to customs, make proof of the value paid, emails with screen shots from PayPal and conversation with FiiO... Etc. Coming from China and being more than 22 euros (around 43 euros for the $50 US) its subject to VAT and import taxes. Then they send the process to postal services again to be distributed and picked with payment... a whole month ... Huff... - Even so, $50 for AM3 + 21 euros of taxes, still under MSRP, it was a good deal.

Regards

Hi Paulo, Thank you for that.  You've certainly been messed about.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that customs don't notice it.

Regards

Jul 9, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #13,075 of 18,020
@csglinux Leave us bassheads alone bro!!!
wink.gif
What you feel is corrupting the sound, some of us feel it's improving the sound. Perhaps Fiio can make both, the one that you prefer, and the one we prefer.

Also, using the stock player and eq, is less than ideal. I'm not a fan of the eq with the stock app, hence my request for a basshead module. I have all bass heavy IEMS, so getting more won't help. I prefer not stacking the X7 when I'm about, even with a small amp like the Headstage Arrow. A basshead module would satisfy us and lessen the need for the stack.
wink.gif

That's not meant to be nasty in anyway, so please don't misinterpret what I'm saying. You seem like a cool dude and not looking to argue or cause any trouble.

that is spot on right

like we respect other people's preferences, no need at all from others to start posting anti-eq or anti basshead amp modules

also i would like to see a comment from fiio on that, as when it comes to basshead requests i never see any comment from fiio

Jul 9, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #13,077 of 18,020
Hi Paulo, Thank you for that.  You've certainly been messed about.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that customs don't notice it.

Regards

I'l keep my fingers crossed for you ... Man ... You WILL LOVE AM3 :eek:

Ps: I didn't try it single ended, just rushed changing the cable of my IEM to balanced and been listening since then... Wow!
Thanks FiiO, Great job! very happy camper here.

Regards

Jul 9, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #13,078 of 18,020
Considering they used to support us bassheads, hardware bass boosts, they shan't forget us now.
smily_headphones1.gif

a kind reply to our question would be appeciated form fiio

Jul 9, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #13,079 of 18,020
Is there a noticeable difference between AM2 and AM3 for IEMs? I'm liking AM2, but I'm wondering if AM3 will provide any real improvement. I might it's not hard to drive my UM Pro 50s, but I figure there may be a change in sound signature...

Jul 9, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #13,080 of 18,020
  Does anyone in the US have a time to deliver the 50% modules after you get the tracking number? No complaints, just trying to get an estimate to set my own expectations. 

Most likely around 3 weeks for most people. I live right next to the port in Oakland where it arrived from customs and it took 18 days. So if you live in the East Coast, I imagine probably 3-3.5 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back