FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
May 26, 2016 at 5:02 AM Post #12,032 of 18,019
It seems like the X7 has quite a few issues that hinder complete satisfaction with it. From what I'm reading here, many of the issues are actually ruining the ownership experience for many owners.
The x7 has too many bugs for me.

Too many units out there with too many issues can hurt their rep (which is quite good for now). They need to step up their game.

How many is "many"?

Except for an issue with FW 1.91 and EQ+ BT--which I brought on myself, and will be fixed soon...I love my X7. You just don't hear from us very often.

May 26, 2016 at 5:50 AM Post #12,033 of 18,019

How many is "many"?

Except for an issue with FW 1.91 and EQ+ BT--which I brought on myself, and will be fixed soon...I love my X7. You just don't hear from us very often.

You need to understand that not everybody is so lucky as you. 

I have hit issue when my FiiO stops playing music randomly - I have heard from many other have been affected by this.
There is also famous WiFi interference issue, which results in an audible hiss in one of the headphone.. again, many users affected.

These are valid complaints and valid issue, not just haters crying helplessly. Some of them doesn't even seem to be solvable with firmware upgrade.

If this points to anything, it's likely poor QE processes FiiO is undertaking.

I maybe forgot to mention, but I love my X7, especially SQ-wise. I plan to wait for next FW upgrade, and if my issues won't be solved I will simply return it within a warranty period.. so..I am not giving up completely on FiiO, just please understand, there are users with faulty devices out there, affected with real issues without immediate workaround.

May 26, 2016 at 5:52 AM Post #12,034 of 18,019

How many is "many"?

I also don´t see much competition for the X7 atm. Sure, sonically there´s the LPG or the HM 901s, and the QLS QA360. But for me they are way too clunky, and don´t get me started on their UI.... No, considering all aspects for me the X7 is the best DAP atm.

May 26, 2016 at 5:54 AM Post #12,035 of 18,019
  You need to understand that not everybody is so lucky as you. 

I have hit issue when my FiiO stops playing music randomly - I have heard from many other have been affected by this.
There is also famous WiFi interference issue, which results in an audible hiss in one of the headphone.. again, many users affected.

These are valid complaints and valid issue, not just haters crying helplessly. Some of them doesn't even seem to be solvable with firmware upgrade.

If this points to anything, it's likely poor QE processes FiiO is undertaking.

I maybe forgot to mention, but I love my X7, especially SQ-wise. I plan to wait for next FW upgrade, and if my issues won't be solved I will simply return it within a warranty period.. so..I am not giving up completely on FiiO, just please understand, there are users with faulty devices out there, affected with real issues without immediate workaround.

So you think the other totl daps are free of issues? Well, good luck then....

May 26, 2016 at 6:06 AM Post #12,036 of 18,019

So you think the other totl daps are free of issues? Well, good luck then....

Not sure where you've got that impression. I've never said that. Every software developed by humans is bound to have issues (trust me, I work in IT, I know this)

But my device stops playing music from time to time. For me, it's kind of a deal breaker that the core feature of my player - playing the music - is affected by a bug. I don't think I really expect so much when I want the music playback run flawlessly.

May 26, 2016 at 7:03 AM Post #12,038 of 18,019
After reading page after page of issues surrounding the x7, yeah, one comes away with the notion that the x7 is flawed, whether it's a quality control or engineering or software issue only fiio knows the truth. It could be all 3.

What you'll find is that the people with issues will tend to be more vocal. I'm not saying they don't have genuine reasons to complain either - there have been some issues. But I think you'll find that the vast majority are pretty happy with their X7s.  Drawing an inference that it is flawed based on the comments of the few without taking into account the silent satisfaction of the many is coming to a conclusion based on few facts though.

However the choice is yours.  If you can find a DAP with the same feature set of the X7, the same versatility with modules, and the ongoing support through firmware at the price point of the X7 - then good luck to you. I personally think you are missing out on something pretty special though.

May 26, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #12,041 of 18,019
I have the X7 with all modules. I have it rooted and I'm running firmware 1.91. I have the occasional (like 1 in 30 times used) "Google services has stopped working) other than that it runs perfectly.

May 26, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #12,042 of 18,019

What you'll find is that the people with issues will tend to be more vocal. I'm not saying they don't have genuine reasons to complain either - there have been some issues. But I think you'll find that the vast majority are pretty happy with their X7s.  Drawing an inference that it is flawed based on the comments of the few without taking into account the silent satisfaction of the many is coming to a conclusion based on few facts though.

However the choice is yours.  If you can find a DAP with the same feature set of the X7, the same versatility with modules, and the ongoing support through firmware at the price point of the X7 - then good luck to you. I personally think you are missing out on something pretty special though.

Yeah, what he said... 
tongue.gif

May 26, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #12,043 of 18,019
I have the X7 with all modules. I have it rooted and I'm running firmware 1.91. I have the occasional (like 1 in 30 times used) "Google services has stopped working) other than that it runs perfectly.

I get the Google Play Services has stopped error frequently. Like 5 or 6 times every 30 seconds when ever I boot up the X7 and about once every 30 to 60 mins afterwards.
I'm running 1.91 firmware and I'm not rooted.
The most common suggestion is to clear the cache of Google Services, aor uninstall and reinstall it. But none of these steps have worked for me.

May 26, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #12,044 of 18,019
My player had the music pausing issue. It hasn't happened in weeks. I think it may have been a SD card issue. I changed my SD card, reformatted it, and it stopped. I haven't done anything else besides that, that I can think of.

May 26, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #12,045 of 18,019

Sorry, just one question - do you actually own X7?

Because I do, and I am not entirely happy with its flaws, with no firmware update to address them in months and now with regional discrimination of cross-subsidy character, as someone here pointed it. Of course, there are alternatives, maybe not exactly at the price point, but not far away. On being silent - this is my choice also, after I realised it is pointless to talk about the issues since they are like to remain unad4essd (like yeas, blue tooth distortion, completely ruining wireless experience with the device), but well, here we are.
Best,
S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back