FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
May 7, 2016 at 9:17 PM Post #11,671 of 18,020
Got the AM5. Like the reviews say, it's basically a few db higher gain compared to the AM2. Nothing earth-shattering. High dynamic range DSD files will still need to be run at very high volume (100+ on high gain) to get decent volume out of them with high resistance headphones (using HD800S). I can run 40-50/120 volume on low gain with most pop songs and its plenty loud. But some orchestral stuff in DSD needs 100+ on high gain just to get similar output.

May 7, 2016 at 9:52 PM Post #11,673 of 18,020
Nice. I ordered mine today. Unfortunately, I just found out I have fraud on my business debut card, so nothing went through. damn.

Damn, that sucks. I was once the victim of CC fraud, but lucky for me the issuer detected the fraud before it got out of hand and sent me a new card right away. Hopefully you have as smooth an experience with your CC issuer. Good luck mate.

May 7, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #11,674 of 18,020
Thanks bro. I keep telling my idiot business partner to stop using the debit card to get gas, fool doesn't listen. Been through this before, gas stations are a hit spot for debit card fraud acceptor my bank. It's happened multiple times to my girl.

May 7, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #11,675 of 18,020
Thanks bro. I keep telling my idiot business partner to stop using the debit card to get gas, fool doesn't listen. Been through this before, gas stations are a hit spot for debit card fraud acceptor my bank. It's happened multiple times to my girl.

Gas stations are the worst, the fool needs to learn.

May 7, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #11,677 of 18,020
Lol. Yes, he does. He is a 57 year old idiot unfortunately. His 16 year old daughter has more common sense and intelligence than he does.

LMAO. I can just imagine what you need to deal with. Hopefully he is a nice guy to make up for the added aggravation. Cheers.

May 7, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #11,678 of 18,020
He is bipolar to top it off. Lol. But we know each other for over 20 years, have owned several businesses together. Met him when I was a young man, 20. He's a good guy, but we are polar opposites, hence why we make excellent business partners.

Anyway, we've derailed this enough. Been listening to my beautiful X7 all day. By itself, stacked with ifi micro idsd, Creative E5, and of course the Mojo.

May 7, 2016 at 10:31 PM Post #11,679 of 18,020
He is bipolar to top it off. Lol. But we know each other for over 20 years, have owned several businesses together. Met him when I was a young man, 20. He's a good guy, but we are polar opposites, hence why we make excellent business partners.

Anyway, we've derailed this enough. Been listening to my beautiful X7 all day. By itself, stacked with ifi micro idsd, Creative E5, and of course the Mojo.
Dont tell hom about HF.

May 7, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #11,680 of 18,020
Lol. He is beyond help and HF. He is getting back into audio. I'm surprised he hasn't jumped in. Everything I do, he wants to do. He did listen to my Th900 and really liked them. Now he wants to stream music on his cell phone. Tidal for him.

May 8, 2016 at 12:11 AM Post #11,681 of 18,020
Bipolar, damn that can be tough. When he is high he must get **** done, but when he is low I'm sure not so good. Glad you two make it work, and I agree, often opposites can compliment each other. One is weak where the other is strong right? I wish I wasn't so pleased with my Bluetooth rig or I would be totally getting the X7 and AM2 or AM5. Who knows, by the time the X7ii comes out I may be ready for a change.

May 8, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #11,682 of 18,020
Yeah. I totally believe EQ improve sound for you. No doubt about it. But to say "EQ does improve the sound" like it is a truth to everyone is not precise.

I know what you are saying dude, and yes he may not have said "for me" but because we all write from our own internal experience I think when we read such comments we know the OP means in their experience and not meant as an absolute truth for everybody. If you read his posts you will notice he isn't the type of poster who tells people how it is, he writes about his perspective and tries to add to the community with every post.

May 8, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #11,684 of 18,020
I know what you are saying dude, and yes he may not have said "for me" but because we all write from our own internal experience I think when we read such comments we know the OP means in their experience and not meant as an absolute truth for everybody. If you read his posts you will notice he isn't the type of poster who tells people how it is, he writes about his perspective and tries to add to the community with every post.

Alright bro. Sorry for a little bit rant. English is not my native language so I may misunderstood his sentence. I never had a topic with anybody who use EQ. You can look to my previous posts. I personally don't use EQ but I understand why people use it.

May 8, 2016 at 2:43 AM Post #11,685 of 18,020
Alright bro. Sorry for a little bit rant. English is not my native language so I may misunderstood his sentence. I never had a topic with anybody who use EQ. You can look to my previous posts. I personally don't use EQ but I understand why people use it.

Apologies from me too if I caused offenses to anyone. To you especially Paulo. I'm not sure if my joking manner translated as playfully as I intended. Everyone has their own way and I hold great respect for the purist approach. All the best to all of you. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back