FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Mar 17, 2016 at 5:28 AM Post #10,371 of 18,020
Yes, it is safe. Also, can you try factory resetting both your X7 and the bluetooth earphones and see if the problem goes away?

Hello Joe,

Today I've reset my X7, however, the distortion is still there.

Apart from aktimate blue and plantronic Bluetooth earphones, I usually connect my Samsung Note Edge, Samsung tab S, iPhone and also my 2010 Sony viao (very old haha) laptop and never had the distortion issue.

I also have a Audio Engine B1 Bluetooth music receiver and it did not have such distortion too.

I have removed and reset all my bluetooth devices as well.

Thank you.

Mar 17, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #10,372 of 18,020
Just wondering if there is any further update on when the AM2 module will be released in the US.   BHphoto has had it listed a preorder for almost a month at this point.

Thanks for any information that is available
Mike

Mar 17, 2016 at 5:14 PM Post #10,373 of 18,020
  Just wondering if there is any further update on when the AM2 module will be released in the US.   BHphoto has had it listed a preorder for almost a month at this point.

Thanks for any information that is available
Mike

Get it when it comes out. It is well worth it for the musicality it brings. 

Mar 17, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #10,374 of 18,020
Just got my Fiio X7. 

Kudos to Dimitri from musicaacoustics.com. Shipping only took 5 days from Japan to Brazil and his customer service is really nice. (Price seems to be better than retail too)

The only problem I've been having with my X7 is that I just can't use it as a DAC since the windows driver setup always fail (win 10 user). And yes, I've downloaded the driver that Fiio indicates. Can anyone help me?

Mar 17, 2016 at 10:01 PM Post #10,376 of 18,020

Get it when it comes out. It is well worth it for the musicality it brings. 

haha Some of us may well NEED it cos of the channel imbalance problems we've had with AM1.

Mar 17, 2016 at 10:27 PM Post #10,377 of 18,020
  haha Some of us may well NEED it cos of the channel imbalance problems we've had with AM1.

Gain and volume are both digitally controlled from the DAC side and not from the amp module though - that means if you have imbalance issue with AM1, then it can either from the main body or the amp module itself, and both should be covered by warranty. If it is from the main body, changing AM1 to AM2 really won't solve any of your problem.

Mar 17, 2016 at 11:39 PM Post #10,378 of 18,020

Gain and volume are both digitally controlled from the DAC side and not from the amp module though - that means if you have imbalance issue with AM1, then it can either from the main body or the amp module itself, and both should be covered by warranty. If it is from the main body, changing AM1 to AM2 really won't solve any of your problem.

well, to use a familiar local word: Alamak!

Mar 17, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #10,379 of 18,020
  well, to use a familiar local word: Alamak!

I like your thinking
biggrin.gif
 !!!!!!

Mar 18, 2016 at 7:45 AM Post #10,380 of 18,020
  Just got my Fiio X7. 

Kudos to Dimitri from musicaacoustics.com. Shipping only took 5 days from Japan to Brazil and his customer service is really nice. (Price seems to be better than retail too)

The only problem I've been having with my X7 is that I just can't use it as a DAC since the windows driver setup always fail (win 10 user). And yes, I've downloaded the driver that Fiio indicates. Can anyone help me?

HI,

Are you using the Fiio USB DAC Driver v3.34.0 ?

I tried this one on Windows 8.1 Pro and its ok (I used FooBar to stream.) - can't tell you on W10 but I can make a test.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back