FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Mar 7, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #10,171 of 18,020

I think that viper4android bypasses the basic Android downsampling function, same as Fiio music app does. 

sweet, so that basically means that any app can use the full capability of the es3018s as long as they accept viper 4 android as their overlord/audio driver?

Mar 7, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #10,172 of 18,020
i am just so curious why no step by step instructions on how to install v4a

and also if installed will work with all media players or only poweramp

someone please help us get to know more how the v4a implementation is on fiio x7 and how does it make the sound of fiio x7 does it have a positive effect or negative

really i am so surprised that no mentioning about rooting and installing the v4a which is I am sure for the interest of many

Mar 7, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #10,173 of 18,020
  i am just so curious why no step by step instructions on how to install v4a

and also if installed will work with all media players or only poweramp

someone please help us get to know more how the v4a implementation is on fiio x7 and how does it make the sound of fiio x7 does it have a positive effect or negative

really i am so surprised that no mentioning about rooting and installing the v4a which is I am sure for the interest of many

it was mentioned, by Joe Bloggs, a number of pages ago...

Mar 7, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #10,174 of 18,020
So there's a sale on some Beyerdynamic DT880 premium (600 ohm model) and i heard these are tough to drive. I know there is a 250 ohm and 32 ohm model too but the 600 ohm should have the edge in sonics.  Can anyone comment if the medium AM2 amp module will drive these to their full potential? If not will the high power amp module AM3/AM4 (forgot which model it's called) or the K5 dock will do better?  Anyone have these DT880 and paired with their X7 ? Thank guys.

Mar 7, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #10,175 of 18,020

it was mentioned, by Joe Bloggs, a number of pages ago...

can u link it to me as all i got is just a general line and no details

Mar 7, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #10,176 of 18,020
We'll then, my IEM module just ate sh!t and the right channel stopped working.

I tried LO and that one worked perfectly.

I seriously thought it was my IEM's, I'm so relieved but not so at the same time.
When is the medium powered amp coming out?

Mar 7, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #10,177 of 18,020
So there's a sale on some Beyerdynamic DT880 premium (600 ohm model) and i heard these are tough to drive. I know there is a 250 ohm and 32 ohm model too but the 600 ohm should have the edge in sonics.  Can anyone comment if the medium AM2 amp module will drive these to their full potential? If not will the high power amp module AM3/AM4 (forgot which model it's called) or the K5 dock will do better?  Anyone have these DT880 and paired with their X7 ? Thank guys.

I have the DT880 600ohm, and they actually sound pretty good from the AM1 module.

Mar 7, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #10,178 of 18,020
We'll then, my IEM module just ate sh!t and the right channel stopped working.

I tried LO and that one worked perfectly.

I seriously thought it was my IEM's, I'm so relieved but not so at the same time.
When is the medium powered amp coming out?

Sorry to hear that. How did it get damaged? It was working initially when you first bought it new?

Yeah waiting on other modules myself. After listening LO with E12a, I realized the AM1 is holding back so much potential on X7.

Mar 7, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #10,179 of 18,020
I have the DT880 600ohm, and they actually sound pretty good from the AM1 module.

Wow really? But have you driven them with higher amp and compared any big or small differences and nuances? I really want to get the most out of these Beyerdynamic DT880 600ohms.

Can you also comment how these headphones sound itself. I'm buying them blind as no local shops have them for demo.

Mar 7, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #10,180 of 18,020
Sorry to hear that. How did it get damaged? It was working initially when you first bought it new?

Yeah waiting on other modules myself. After listening LO with E12a, I realized the AM1 is holding back so much potential on X7.

Yeah. It was working fine, then the right channel started to lower.

It was very uneven and thought it was my IEM, then I bought a new one, same thing happened.

Then I went to line-out and facepalmed.

Glad it isn't the player itself

Mar 7, 2016 at 6:02 PM Post #10,181 of 18,020
Do you mean the USB DAC function? Swipe from the top right end of the screen. There should be a square that says "STORAGE." Touch that once to toggle it to USB DAC. A big note will appear on the screen when the X7 is running on DAC mode. Obviously you want to be plugged in to the computer from USB...

I want to use it in my car (Audi) which has an MMI connector which goes to a Usb but can't get it to work??

Mar 7, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #10,182 of 18,020
I want to use it in my car (Audi) which has an MMI connector which goes to a Usb but can't get it to work??

The instructions that user gave you were for the other way around - they advised you how to let the X7 be the output for your computer.

I'm not sure if what you're trying to do is possible - anyone hooked up a USB DAC to the FiiO X7 before?

Wow really? But have you driven them with higher amp and compared any big or small differences and nuances? I really want to get the most out of these Beyerdynamic DT880 600ohms.

Can you also comment how these headphones sound itself. I'm buying them blind as no local shops have them for demo.

I have used plenty of amps with them.

For more information about the headphone, there is a thread about them here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/429371/the-beyerdynamic-dt880-discussion-thread

Looks like this poor user has been asking about installing V4A for months on their X7. Anyone got concrete answers for him?

Mar 7, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #10,184 of 18,020

If you are looking for information on Rooting your Android for V4A you can PM me and I'll pass you along the name of a member here who is very knowledgeable about this. He likely wouldn't care if I posted his member name in the thread, but just in case I'll be careful. 

Mar 7, 2016 at 10:53 PM Post #10,185 of 18,020

Users who are viewing this thread

Back