FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Feb 16, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #9,556 of 18,020
Not quite getting the idea here. If both types of output (and presumably their amps) are hardwired to the main X7 body, what would expansion modules be for?

Amps are usually there for alternating sound characteristic together with more power output. So modules can be good for that as an options isn't it ?

Feb 16, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #9,557 of 18,020
I'm having some issues uploading music to my new fiio x7. It's randomly splitting albums up in to two. I've checked all the tags with mp3tageditor and everything looks fine? It has also taken the first song from about 7 albums and put them in their own folder. How do I fix this?

What program are you using to transfer songs to the X7?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 16, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #9,558 of 18,020
Here's the current facts regarding playlists on the X7:

1. Path names need to be defined using front-slashes rather than back-slashes (following Linux convention, unlike other X players
redface.gif
)
2. As CH23 noted, /mnt/external_sd/ is the path to the micro SD card. /mnt/internal_sd/ is the path to the internal storage. But if you place the m3u file in the root of the same storage as your songs (e.g. root directory of external SD, for songs on the external SD), you may omit this altogether.

So this guide still mostly applies
http://www.head-fi.org/t/761295/how-to-create-m3u-playlists-for-use-on-the-x1-x3-and-x5-from-your-computer

with the exception that you don't need to add #EXTM3U to the top of each playlist, but do need to find and replace all "\" generated by foobar with "/" .

okay, understand this workaround = importing m3u8 playlists.

BUT: building playlists in FiiO music App is quite easy, with the fast UI you may hear the track some seconds and add to one of your playlists: really convenient.

Drawback is if you install new firmware AND do factory reset ( was needed for 1.8 to apply the BT volume increase) these internal playlists are deleted. Thanks to CH 23 I found the place where the playlists are stored (x7 folder: android/.../com.fiio.music.x7/files/playlist) but in my case there appear only 4 out of 7 playlists? Why X7 does not save all?
and, if i open these playlists with WordPad it seems they only contain a header :

"¬í sr ;com.smartaction.libsmartplayer.meta.playlist.CommonPlaylist        Z enableEventBrocastZ mDirtyL     mItemListt Ljava/util/List;L mNamet Ljava/lang/String;xr 9com.smartaction.libsmartplayer.meta.playlist.BasePlaylist        Z hasEventloopZ mIsAudoSortL mSortert 6Lcom/smartaction/libsmartplayer/meta/playlist/ISorter;L mStorePolicyt ;Lcom/smartaction/libsmartplayer/meta/playlist/IStorePolicy;xp  pp sr java.util.ArrayListxÒ™Ça I sizexp    w    xt car"

so i am not sure if i restore these files after factory reset the playlist will show up again.

Any idea? (BTW: why internal playlists are deleted when doing factory reset? pictures are not deleted.....)

Feb 16, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #9,559 of 18,020

I had a couple more today and after counting how long it was it is closer to 5-7 seconds than what I originally had. I'm using a 128gb card from samsung. It happens often enough where it is annoying enough to return it. I do have 60 days to return it so I will wait some time and judge from there.

What are you doing when it happens?

Can you reproduce it?

Feb 16, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #9,560 of 18,020
  What are you doing when it happens?

Can you reproduce it?

I know you asked @rawrster this, but since I am experiencing the same /or seems like the same/ I'd like to pitch in too:

In my case, I am simply playing the music via Pure Music Mode (folder mode - no library).
I don't touch or interact with the X7 in any way, when this happens.

It is not reproducible consistently - it happens intermittently, that what's make it so annoying. If @rawrster is using different formatting than ExFAT (maybe he could confirm?) then I am not really willing to reformat to FAT32 just to try it out, and maybe I'll ask my local reseller for replacement...

I wish FiiO's support would give this issue more priority, since it is impacting the very basic functionality of the device - playing the music..

Feb 16, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #9,562 of 18,020
I know you asked @rawrster this, but since I am experiencing the same /or seems like the same/ I'd like to pitch in too:

In my case, I am simply playing the music via Pure Music Mode (folder mode - no library).

It is not reproducible consistently - it happens intermittently, that what's make it so annoying. If @rawrster is using different formatting than ExFAT (maybe he could confirm?) then I am not really willing to reformat to FAT32 just to try it out, and maybe I'll ask my local reseller for replacement...

I wish FiiO's support would give this issue more priority, since it is impacting the very basic functionality of the device - playing the music..

What's the format your music files are in? Codec (FLAC, ape, etc.), compression level, sample rate, bit depth?

Is album art included and if so at what image size (in terms of file size and pixel dimensions)?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Feb 16, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #9,563 of 18,020

I would also add that exFAT support was mentioned to be experimental, and Android support for it is limited AFAIK. I might be wrong about this, but you might want to re-format to fat32. 

Feb 16, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #9,564 of 18,020
What's the format your music files are in? Codec (FLAC, ape, etc.), compression level, sample rate, bit depth?

Is album art included and if so at what image size (in terms of file size and pixel dimensions)?

@Joe Bloggs
Thanks for your reply. Since this happens intermittently, it is hard to track this down retrospectively. However, I can confirm it happens across various formats - 16bit FLAC files, 192 kbps mp3 (I know, terrible quality :-D ) , 320 kbps mp3.

I send DEBUG logs to the support for further inspection (haven't received feedback about it yet).

While I do not understand the internals of FiiO Music Player, I was thinking more in lines of some kind of buffer issue?  i.e. X7 loads tracks in the buffer, but it's not a full track, and then re-load mechanism doesn't kicks in, until the playback of what's in the buffer is finished (I actually hear a small click in the headphones when the music stops/starts playing), and then it loads the rest of the track.

No idea whether this is making any sense though.

I can be more cautious and next time it happens, send full information from that folder to the support - including the complete and detailed directory listing of all the files in a given folder..

Feb 16, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #9,565 of 18,020

I would also add that exFAT support was mentioned to be experimental, and Android support for it is limited AFAIK. I might be wrong about this, but you might want to re-format to fat32. 

ExFAT is the default format of SD Cards inserted into the Macbooks. It would be shame if FiiO considered it as experimental, there *are* mac users out there..

I don't really have 128gb of free space on my harddrive to fully backup my SD Card, so I'd prefer to try this out only as a last resource solution - ideally, if somebody from FiiO actually confirm, that my issue is related to ExFAT and changing the format to FAT32 have reasonable chance to solve this.

Feb 16, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #9,566 of 18,020
What program are you using to transfer songs to the X7?

Just Windows explorer

By the files being split up, do you mean they actually go into different folders in folder view, or that they go into different albums?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w51qqpruj618tkj/X7%20Complete%20User%20Guide.pdf?dl=0

The distinction between the various song listing in the X7 FiiO Music player is explained in section F.2.2 on page 26. :xf_eek:

Feb 16, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #9,567 of 18,020
rawrster do you get the click sound too when playback pauses for those moments?

Also I sent a pm to OSiRiSsk.

A buffer issue won't last for several seconds...

Feb 16, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #9,568 of 18,020
@rawrster do you get the click sound too when playback pauses for those moments?

Also I sent a pm to @OSiRiSsk.

I get a couple of click noises but they are soft but easily discernible. Also after the playback pauses, I get a few seconds of lag on the player so it takes a bit before the player registers if I try to go to the next song, play/pause, etc.

As far as my files, they are 16/44.1 flac with compression 5. The album art varies however most are 500x500 and typically not larger than a couple of mb. I don't remember if the card is at exfat or fat32. Also this is only with the fiio music player and not with anything else. I haven't gotten around to downloading neutron or poweramp since I updated.

Feb 16, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #9,569 of 18,020
By the files being split up, do you mean they actually go into different folders in folder view, or that they go into different albums?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w51qqpruj618tkj/X7%20Complete%20User%20Guide.pdf?dl=0

The distinction between the various song listing in the X7 FiiO Music player is explained in section F.2.2 on page 26. :xf_eek:

Same file folder but different albums. One example is it took 11 songs in one album. Took one song into another album but capitalized the whole album title. It's not capitalized in the tags.

Feb 16, 2016 at 4:28 PM Post #9,570 of 18,020
Same file folder but different albums. One example is it took 11 songs in one album. Took one song into another album but capitalized the whole album title. It's not capitalized in the tags.

To clarify. The new machine head album has two albums one with 11 songs called BLOODSTONE AND DIAMONDS then another album with one song called Bloodstone and Diamonds. The tags are all say Bloodstone and Diamonds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back