FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Feb 16, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #9,541 of 18,020
Just checking - have you rescanned the library after you upload the retagged music?

Otherwise, please upload the music and PM the link to me or Brooke and I am sure one of us will be able to help you. You don't even need to upload the whole album, just the one offending file and one normal file and that should be enough to tell the difference.

Thanks. Yes I rescanned. I'll upload tonight after work.

Feb 16, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #9,542 of 18,020
Does anyone get random freezes with the X7? Every once in a while the music freezes for a little bit (maybe 2-3 seconds) and then plays normally from there. I think I get it once or twice a day usually. I don't use it too long each day so I imagine it would be more if I used it all day.

Feb 16, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #9,543 of 18,020
  Does anyone get random freezes with the X7? Every once in a while the music freezes for a little bit (maybe 2-3 seconds) and then plays normally from there. I think I get it once or twice a day usually. I don't use it too long each day so I imagine it would be more if I used it all day.

This happened to me for the first minute or two after inserting the microsd card, or the first minute after start up. I considered it normal, and X7 booted faster than my smartphone, so I did not even take it into account, if this helps. 

Feb 16, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #9,545 of 18,020
It might be something that I'm missing but why are you looking at Thermal Conductivity? 
confused_face(1).gif

Feb 16, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #9,546 of 18,020
Take a look

430 VS 320 is 110 differences. So if high resolution music is all about nuances details, and little but of things that human may not be able to hear, then does that 110 differences hurt anything ?

i have one image for you, to show why we use gold at termination point, versus copper:

and silver is too soft to use for that purpose

Feb 16, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #9,547 of 18,020

Hi,

I am having the same exact issue and I am in touch with FiiO's support department for weeks now about this, without any progress.

It's intermittent playback pauses, at my end for about 5-7s, couple of times per day.

What kind of SD Card are you using?

I have Kingston 128GB formatted as ExFAT.

Feb 16, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #9,548 of 18,020
It might be something that I'm missing but why are you looking at Thermal Conductivity? :confused_face(1):

i have one image for you, to show why we use gold at termination point, versus copper:

and silver is too soft to use for that purpose

Linked wrong image, edited lol :D. None the less, silver or copper would be better. The true reason why we rather had everything built in and soldered directly onto PCB ? Just saying

I rather has an X7 Pro which has X7 and AM3 module directly printed onto one single PCB, or call it X8 whatever :D

Feb 16, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #9,549 of 18,020
Linked wrong image, edited lol
biggrin.gif
. None the less, silver or copper would be better. The true reason why we rather had everything built in and soldered directly onto PCB ? Just saying

I rather has an X7 Pro which has X7 and AM3 module directly printed onto one single PCB, or call it X8 whatever
biggrin.gif

you're one of many users. i'm more happy with interchangeable modules myself.

Feb 16, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #9,550 of 18,020
If that is more expensive than an external balanced amp module...then I don't know what to say
redface.gif

im not sure if you understand the modules of this player: you can take the AM1 off, and plug the AM2/3/? in its place.

if you are going to do balanced on something that can be exchanged, when the minority will be using this functionality, you dont release this as the default one.

You discover something new every day:
Wanna play your m3u or m3u8 playlists? It IS possible!

1: prepare your playlist, make sure all files have /mnt/EXTERNAL_sd/ in front of them if they're on your micro sd card.
2: open the FiiO player and go to "local music" (folder icon)
3: you should now see icons: songs - artists - albums - genres - FOLDERS
4: tap folder icon, and select SD card (if your m3u playlist is there)
5: find your playlist, tap it.
6: the popup Should list your tracks. If you followed step 1 you should be able to tap a track and it should start playing.
7: use the back button.
8: tap the mini player. You're now on the "main screen"

From here swipe from left edge of the screen to have the list of tracks slide out. This you can use to go to the track you want.

Here's the current facts regarding playlists on the X7:

1. Path names need to be defined using front-slashes rather than back-slashes (following Linux convention, unlike other X players :xf_eek: )
2. As CH23 noted, /mnt/external_sd/ is the path to the micro SD card. /mnt/internal_sd/ is the path to the internal storage. But if you place the m3u file in the root of the same storage as your songs (e.g. root directory of external SD, for songs on the external SD), you may omit this altogether.

So this guide still mostly applies
http://www.head-fi.org/t/761295/how-to-create-m3u-playlists-for-use-on-the-x1-x3-and-x5-from-your-computer

with the exception that you don't need to add #EXTM3U to the top of each playlist, but do need to find and replace all "\" generated by foobar with "/" .

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 16, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #9,552 of 18,020

My XTZ Divine arrived, just charging the battery. I'll let you know in a few hours. I just hope the amp can get loud enough as typically I listen fairly loud so that may be the only problem for me, but we will have to see.

Feb 16, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #9,553 of 18,020
i previously said that there was an option missing, to scan tracks shorter than 60 seconds. i was wrong.
go to settings > scan for songs > tap little cog on top right.

something else i want to verify: my m3u8 playlists are read incorrectly, showing Björk as Bj忟rk. and others too.
when i open them in nano, or in gedit, they show as they should.

I have seen this too - sent a playlist and music file to James - I had to implement a feature in Dapper which "normalizes" file names as it copies. The issue is entirely foreign language file names

I have found that, as documented elsewhere for previous X players, the Unicode encoding of .m3u8 playlists is not recognized if the playlist file is encoded without byte order marking (BOM). This is a bit unfortunate, as "no BOM" appears to be the standard recommended, according to wikipedia.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Feb 16, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #9,554 of 18,020
you're one of many users. i'm more happy with interchangeable modules myself.

And this is exactly what I meant when I said why not have SE and Balanced on the X7 itself (direct soldered on copper for better conductivity), and additional module slots for options. This will satisfy everyone ?

Not quite getting the idea here. If both types of output (and presumably their amps) are hardwired to the main X7 body, what would expansion modules be for?

Feb 16, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #9,555 of 18,020
  Hi,

I am having the same exact issue and I am in touch with FiiO's support department for weeks now about this, without any progress.

It's intermittent playback pauses, at my end for about 5-7s, couple of times per day.

What kind of SD Card are you using?

I have Kingston 128GB formatted as ExFAT.

I had a couple more today and after counting how long it was it is closer to 5-7 seconds than what I originally had. I'm using a 128gb card from samsung. It happens often enough where it is annoying enough to return it. I do have 60 days to return it so I will wait some time and judge from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back