FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jan 27, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #8,672 of 18,020
Question regarding 192/24 & 96/24 FLAC/ALAC files and downsampling, do I need to use the Fiio app to play such files or should Poweramp/Rocketplayer/Neutron etc... play them fine? 

In Poweramp (without the unlock) they all sound distorted and slow and in unlocked Rocket player 192/24 just sounds awful. 

Jan 27, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #8,673 of 18,020
its just a cheap one from amazon ..cost about 3 English pounds, there are loads of cheap ones on Amazon and size wise its pretty snug accurate fit , not to loose and nice non scratching protection 
bigsmile_face.gif

Ideal til i can grab a leather case with button access, and il still probably use it for transportation and just pop it in with the leather case on.

Jan 27, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #8,674 of 18,020
I took the plunge and ordered and just received my X7.   It looks like the installed firmware is 1.3 so I will need to upgrade to 1.5.    Can anyone tell me, is there an  easy way to determine if this unit will contains the interference issue.   Is it easily noticable?  

Thanks
Mike

Jan 27, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #8,675 of 18,020
  I took the plunge and ordered and just received my X7.   It looks like the installed firmware is 1.3 so I will need to upgrade to 1.5.    Can anyone tell me, is there an  easy way to determine if this unit will contains the interference issue.   Is it easily noticable?  

Thanks
Mike

No joking, the easiest way is just to listen for it with the most sensitive headphone you have. Turn of the WiFi, Install a streaming app and listen to its music. If you can't hear anything out of the ordinary, you should be fine.

Jan 28, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #8,677 of 18,020

Thanks
Mike

You will defiantly know if you have it, you will hear static in your right side easily when streaming music.

Also it tends to become worse with less signal, so walk away from your router a little. When the signal is on 2 you should hear it very clearly if you have it.

Jan 28, 2016 at 5:11 AM Post #8,678 of 18,020
Hi Guys,

I'm really tempted to go for the X7 but really love my X5ii - is there any way i can get hands on with the device?  Anywhere in / around Sheffield I can go to have a listen?  I like to listen loud with my AKG K550 but reviews mention theres a lack of power which may dissapoint me slightly.

£500 is a lot to spend to find dissapointment.

Cheers
Paul

Jan 28, 2016 at 5:15 AM Post #8,679 of 18,020
  Hi Guys,

I'm really tempted to go for the X7 but really love my X5ii - is there any way i can get hands on with the device?  Anywhere in / around Sheffield I can go to have a listen?  I like to listen loud with my AKG K550 but reviews mention theres a lack of power which may dissapoint me slightly.

Cheers
Paul

There will be other amp modules, so you do not really need to worry about power, and K550 is not that power hungry. I tested X7 with K550, and if you liked the general sound with X5II, you should like it more with X7. Volume wise, it was loud enough, and there was no distortion for my ears. But it depends on what you focus your attention on. Generally I liked the X7 + K550 combo.

Jan 28, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #8,680 of 18,020
  Hi Guys,

Cheers
Paul

One option is to buy from Amazon as you will have the 14 day return policy, not sure many places have demo units as yet.

Jan 28, 2016 at 5:30 AM Post #8,681 of 18,020
Question for Jeremy on Dapper & the X7 - What kind of transfer speeds are you seeing? I'm getting 1.5 - 2 MB/s transferring from a MacBook Pro's USB 3 port to the X7 with a 128 Gig card. I'm transferring 113GB split across internal memory and SD card and I'm at 67% after 11 hours with 'more than 8 hours remaining' Is this the kind of speed I should expect? The X5ii seemed a lot faster with Dapper.

I'm on the latest Mac App Store build.

Cheers

Jan 28, 2016 at 5:30 AM Post #8,682 of 18,020

No joking, the easiest way is just to listen for it with the most sensitive headphone you have. Turn of the WiFi, Install a streaming app and listen to its music. If you can't hear anything out of the ordinary, you should be fine.

Thanks for the info.  Any suggestions on a good and easy DLNA player in android.   I usually use 8player but it looks like it is an IOS only app.     

Thanks
Mike

Jan 28, 2016 at 6:42 AM Post #8,684 of 18,020

There will be other amp modules, so you do not really need to worry about power, and K550 is not that power hungry. I tested X7 with K550, and if you liked the general sound with X5II, you should like it more with X7. Volume wise, it was loud enough, and there was no distortion for my ears. But it depends on what you focus your attention on. Generally I liked the X7 + K550 combo.

Thanks for the feedback.  I did know about the modules, and that does put my concern to rest to some degree.  My concern is that i run the X5ii no EQ on High Gain usually around 110 with the K550, and it's usually enough but gives me a little headroom if i need a bit more, the reports that mention the lack of power really concern me, I'm sooo tempted - this thing looks amazing!!

One option is to buy from Amazon as you will have the 14 day return policy, not sure many places have demo units as yet.

I'd considered this, but doesn't it only apply if the item hasn't been opened?

Cheers
Paul

Jan 28, 2016 at 6:45 AM Post #8,685 of 18,020
Thanks for the feedback.  I did know about the modules, and that does put my concern to rest to some degree.  My concern is that i run the X5ii no EQ on High Gain usually around 110 with the K550, and it's usually enough but gives me a little headroom if i need a bit more, the reports that mention the lack of power really concern me, I'm sooo tempted - this thing looks amazing!!

I'd considered this, but doesn't it only apply if the item hasn't been opened?

Cheers
Paul

That's VERY loud! My concern is you won't hear anything in a few years time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back