FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jan 19, 2016 at 3:09 AM Post #8,491 of 18,020
Oh. Are you using a 200GB SD card?

Of course!

I removed it and everything works fine. What up with that?  I will try a 128GB card, but I really need the larger cards to work eventually.

We're working on it :xf_eek:

Once the other amp modules are released, will there be different X7 bundles?

For example can I get an X7 with a medium module as the default module that comes with it instead of the IEM module?

It hasn't been launched yet so I can't say for sure, but initial word I've heard is that we can't justify the packaging and various costs that will be incurred at retail by having differently bundled X7's, over any savings that may be available to you from not including the stock IEM module (i.e. there would be effectively little to no savings, not that the IEM module is worth so little (it certainly does cost us), but that excluding it or replacing it with other modules and advertising and stocking separately is going to cost us (and cost you by extension))

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 19, 2016 at 3:17 AM Post #8,492 of 18,020
It hasn't been launched yet so I can't say for sure, but initial word I've heard is that we can't justify the packaging and various costs that will be incurred at retail by having differently bundled X7's, over any savings that may be available to you from not including the stock IEM module (i.e. there would be effectively little to no savings, not that the IEM module is worth so little (it certainly does cost us), but that excluding it or replacing it with other modules and advertising and stocking separately is going to cost us (and cost you by extension))

I can understand that.

Let's look forward to a few DIY projects based on cannibalised IEM amp modules 
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 19, 2016 at 3:31 AM Post #8,493 of 18,020

Makes sense... I totally get it
biggrin.gif

Jan 19, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #8,494 of 18,020
Man, I'm glad I read this thread before buying the X7. I have the X3II, and the thought of having a real android device that I could use for RSS feeds and Apple Music in a great DAP was super appealing.

But learning about there are wifi noise issues, and that it will never get new versions of Android is kind of disappointing.

I don't mean to be negative. I'm going to hold off buying and monitor this thread to see if things improve.

Jan 19, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #8,498 of 18,020
Bought it last week.

Where did you purchase your unit from and do you know how old the inventory is from seller? Just repurchased my X7 online last night. Previous first unit had the wifi issues. The replacement is from the same inventory as initial so I'm a bit worry if I'll have the same issue or not. Unfortunately the seller doesn't have newer inventory and I don't want to wait any longer unless there is a revised version.

Jan 20, 2016 at 6:38 AM Post #8,501 of 18,020
Thanks
Hi, you can directly log in Google Play Store pre-installed in the X7 and download the apps you want to install. Of course, you also can load the apps which are downloaded from the computer onto the X7 when the player runs the Storage mode. 

Thanks I'm going to pick one up today at bhphoto

Jan 20, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #8,502 of 18,020
Btw, can you customize the x7's music app to be less blue? Can you make the menus black for example?

Jan 20, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #8,503 of 18,020
I am having a major problem with my ex seven. It seems to be stuck on "speaker". This means that if I try and change the Fabian, absolutely nothing happens. The output level in my IEM this is too high, and so I cannot even listen to the device. I did a factory reset, I've tried both the direct and the android modes, unplugged and re-plugged, and it still seems stuck on speaker

Has anyone seen this? Any solutions?

Jan 20, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #8,505 of 18,020
That is an excellent question! Let me go check it out, I am sure that's the problem. I am also sure this is a potential huge issue for people blowing their ears

Yes, I am an idiot :)

So justify a put a rubber plug it into the pirt by default

Users who are viewing this thread

Back