FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jan 17, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #8,461 of 18,020
Hey Nqstv,

What I've found so far is, if you replace all the backslashes ("\") with front-slashes ("/"), relative pathing works for the most part.
Contradictory to previous FiiO practice, I know
blink.gif
But Android being a linux derivative, I guess I can understand...
tongue.gif

There's some remaining niggles like the name of the track disappearing after any periods in the name (e.g. "01. Track01.flac" becoming "01"...
blink.gif
) which we'll address in an upcoming firmware update.
redface.gif

When a playlist works, the scrollable list you see also shows up, and clicking on a list item plays the song (rather than doing nothing)

Cheers!
Joe

Great, I'll give it a try.  I'll let you know how I fare.  :)

Edit:  I'm an idiot :)   That's exactly what it was.  I just finished replacing all slashes and everything works as expected.  Totally Awesome!!!  Love this player and the sound.  Thanks a ton Joe.  As a side note for the wishlist, it would be very cool if we could get the device to recognize the M3U playlists and show them in the playlist tab automatically.  But that's low priority as it works fine going to the file.

You rock Joe, thanks!!!!

Jan 17, 2016 at 11:46 PM Post #8,463 of 18,020

Great, I'll give it a try.  I'll let you know how I fare.  :)

Edit:  I'm an idiot :)   That's exactly what it was.  I just finished replacing all slashes and everything works as expected.  Totally Awesome!!!  Love this player and the sound.  Thanks a ton Joe.  As a side note for the wishlist, it would be very cool if we could get the device to recognize the M3U playlists and show them in the playlist tab automatically.  But that's low priority as it works fine going to the file.

You rock Joe, thanks!!!!

This worked for me for external playlists on the tour unit:

#EXTM3U8
#EXTINF: xxx, Track1
/mnt/internal_sd/Music/Artist/Album/Track1.ext
#EXTINF: xxx, Track2
/mnt/external_sd/Music/Artist/Album/Track2.ext

Jan 18, 2016 at 5:35 AM Post #8,467 of 18,020

I was not joking (keep in mind I bough a demo model  at CES so that might have a newer firmware than the ones available online. And maybe it is not the Final 1.6 but just an internal alpha or beta version already named 1.6)

What you are saying sounds odd. If you go to FiiO website, the latest FW release is 1.5. I have just enabled WiFi on my X7 and it did not try to download any updated FW. No idea how you got there 1.6 - how did you obtain it?

Jan 18, 2016 at 5:38 AM Post #8,468 of 18,020

I was not joking (keep in mind I bough a demo model  at CES so that might have a newer firmware than the ones available online. And maybe it is not the Final 1.6 but just an internal alpha or beta version already named 1.6)

FiiO is probably testing 1.6 right now so like you said, you probably have some beta/release candidate 1.6. 

I'm just wondering what has changed.

Jan 18, 2016 at 6:36 AM Post #8,470 of 18,020
I have may have missed this issue, however I have only just discovered that the FiiO music library does not include tracks of less than 60 seconds. I find this hugely inconvenient since albums of musicals Etc containing short tracks of dialogue are being excluded from the album when using FiiO music. I understand from Support that this is deliberate. This certainly is not the case with my FiiO x5. I now understand why there is a considerable difference in the number of tracks detected by FiiO Music and the number found using the ES app under Android.
Anyone else come across this problem?

Jan 18, 2016 at 7:11 AM Post #8,472 of 18,020

He's from the future! CATCH HIM!

What you are saying sounds odd. If you go to FiiO website, the latest FW release is 1.5. I have just enabled WiFi on my X7 and it did not try to download any updated FW. No idea how you got there 1.6 - how did you obtain it?

The version 1.6 firmware is coming with X7's currently rolling out of the factory. It is an interim build with added support for the AM2 medium-power module, which has seen some action in China but hasn't been shipped overseas yet. When it does ship overseas, we'll be pushing an official update over the air. Other things to hopefully expect with the next OTA update include DLNA, USB DAC, fix of the artist->album->song listing in FiiO Music, increase in SQ when listening to high-res music through third party apps (improved resampling algorithm)... :L3000:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 18, 2016 at 7:15 AM Post #8,473 of 18,020
The version 1.6 firmware is coming with X7's currently rolling out of the factory. It is an interim build with added support for the AM2 medium-power module, which has seen some action in China but hasn't been shipped overseas yet. When it does ship overseas, we'll be pushing an official update over the air. Other things to hopefully expect with the next OTA update include DLNA, USB DAC, fix of the artist->album->song listing in FiiO Music, increase in SQ when listening to high-res music through third party apps (improved resampling algorithm)...
L3000.gif

Wow!

Great to hear!

I cannot wait to get my hands on an X7, and it seems that I will also be able to use it as a DAC soon after I get it. 

One feature that was advertised in X7 promo pictures are VU meters, and I was curious if it is still planned to be introduced, or was it considered rather useless (and battery consuming) ? (I would kind of want some sort of VU meters, but not at the cost of battery)

Jan 18, 2016 at 7:18 AM Post #8,474 of 18,020
I have may have missed this issue, however I have only just discovered that the FiiO music library does not include tracks of less than 60 seconds. I find this hugely inconvenient since albums of musicals Etc containing short tracks of dialogue are being excluded from the album when using FiiO music. I understand from Support that this is deliberate. This certainly is not the case with my FiiO x5. I now understand why there is a considerable difference in the number of tracks detected by FiiO Music and the number found using the ES app under Android.
Anyone else come across this problem?

When you tap the "Scan for songs" option, there's a small cog to the upper right of the screen. Tap that, and you'll be able to choose whether or not to exclude songs of under 60 seconds, or songs of under certain file sizes. :) The exclusions of the library scan also do not affect playback when browsing by folders (rightmost option of song browsing screen)

:)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 18, 2016 at 7:19 AM Post #8,475 of 18,020
The version 1.6 firmware is coming with X7's currently rolling out of the factory. It is an interim build with added support for the AM2 medium-power module, which has seen some action in China but hasn't been shipped overseas yet. When it does ship overseas, we'll be pushing an official update over the air. Other things to hopefully expect with the next OTA update include DLNA, USB DAC, fix of the artist->album->song listing in FiiO Music, increase in SQ when listening to high-res music through third party apps (improved resampling algorithm)... :L3000:

I like the sound of this :D..funny how some people don't believe me when I say different apps/OS can affect sound quality (algorithms), and yet I proved it enough, additionally good to hear from a developer like James

Users who are viewing this thread

Back