FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Dec 26, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #7,561 of 18,020

I have done this 15 times now, along with wiping thew cashed data, booting in to recovery mode wiping the cashed data and factory reset yet another 10 times (I actually counted) like <@>Joe Bloggs</@> suggested in his fw update post, and always recieve the same error message:

It is becoming annoying especially since both the fixes so far I have found need to clear data on the device of google service frame work or changing google chat settings - something that was replaced by hangouts years ago, that dosent have the chat on/off toggle other fixes mention.

/cry

Meh I guess and hope the Fiio guys or some other helpful person can assist me to make it work :frowning2:

That sounds like something to do with your google account. The first account I tried had restrictions because of the IT peeps. So I ended up using a personal account. But I did wipe regardless.

The gmail account you're using, is it run by any server admins? Try using a personal or account instead or make one if needed. I think thats the issue. 

Dec 26, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #7,564 of 18,020
No its ok thank you for trying, as exasperated as I am it was appreciatred. As unelegant a solution opening another account was, I tried it anyway...still the same :frowning2:

Some more info, of someone else has some ideas: I have tried this on 3 seperate connections I have access to and no luck.

So for some reason it just started working on my usual account...how odd

Dec 26, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #7,565 of 18,020
  So, even once my X7 actually finally calculates my all my mp3 files, every app simply cant handle so many files. Ive tried Fiio Music, Google Music, Poweramp, Doubletwist, Hibymusic, and Music Player. Like i said, whats the size of everyones libraries? Mines over 5000 songs atm and the X7 seems like its not powerful enough to handle that load...

I had around 5800 aac files and it worked flawlessly. The unit I had is on tour, although I'm hoping to get it back for further testing later (and interaction with the new K5)

Dec 26, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #7,567 of 18,020
  No its ok thank you for trying, as exasperated as I am it was appreciatred. As unelegant a solution opening another account was, I tried it anyway...still the same :frowning2:

Some more info, of someone else has some ideas: I have tried this on 3 seperate connections I have access to and no luck.

So for some reason it just started working on my usual account...how odd

Glad to hear its working =) I hope its smooth sailing from herein

Dec 26, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #7,568 of 18,020
Sorry if I missed it on the (long) thread, did you guys make it work ?
It would be a deal breaker for me to switch over if streaming services (in my case Tidal on my DAP) can't save to SD.

No one has made it work as yet. I've emailed FiiO support but not expecting a quick reply in the holiday season.

I don't know whether Joe Bloggs can help with this problem?

Dec 26, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #7,569 of 18,020
  Just loaded 5000 songs onto my SD card. This device simply can not handle that much music...Fiio Music wont even load and crashes everytime. If i try to reboot the device, it just sits there trying to reboot but cant, because it can not handle so much SD card information. As soon as i eject the SD card, thats when the device works perfectly fine again. It also takes sometimes an 30 minutes to an HOUR just to calculate all the information on the card. Not to mention the horrible sound when a bluetooth device is connected, which is one of the major reasons why i bought this. Im honestly at a point where i think im going to sell it or return it, because my 10yr old Ipod performs better...Last thing i want to do is buy an Ipod Touch because the fact you cant even change a song without using the screen is a major engineering fail. Anyone else having these issues with a such a large library of music? Can anyone recommend a DAP under $1000 if i decide to get rid of this? This is my first DAP, and im very disappointed
frown.gif

I have about 19,000 songs loaded on my X7 (90% Flac) using 2 - 200GB SD cards one plugged into the OTG slot with a meenova card reader (used this on X5 as well). It only takes about 2 minutes or so to scan the entire library and it gets all the music from the OTG SD card as well. So X7 definitely can handle large libraries. Since I have the 2 - 200 GB in operation using the internal drive for Tidal has not been a big issue for me. Be patient since this is you first DAP. When I first got my X5 had had many issues and most were due to tagging issues of the files. Once the files were cleansed the DAP had no issues reading the files correctly.

Dec 26, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #7,570 of 18,020
No one has made it work as yet. I've emailed FiiO support but not expecting a quick reply in the holiday season.

I don't know whether Joe Bloggs can help with this problem?

Except for me that is..... After my many factory reset and wiping cashed data to make the Play Store work, I dl Tidal from Play Store as oposed to the Fiio store / using Airdroid and Im able to store dl on my memory card.

Dec 26, 2015 at 7:17 PM Post #7,571 of 18,020
For anyone not able to use the google play store after the latest
update. Just go to the options menu and select factory reset. This does NOT delete your music but wipe clean apps and such. I was able to log in with another account after this and its working just fine.

I just downloaded the spotify and tidal app directly from the google play store.

Are you having any wi-fi interferences noises when streaming music? I'm experiencing a lot streaming Tidal last night. Not good considering we paid so much for this device and can't even stream music properly. Also noticed the wi-fi on X7 is very weak signal. I even tested 8 feet away from my router. I have a strong router too.

Dec 26, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #7,572 of 18,020
Except for me that is..... After my many factory reset and wiping cashed data to make the Play Store work, I dl Tidal from Play Store as oposed to the Fiio store / using Airdroid and Im able to store dl on my memory card.

Hi can you comment if the Tidal ver from Google Play store had any wi-fi emi noises? I have a lot but downloaded Tidal from Fiio Market app. Just curious if any difference.

Dec 26, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #7,573 of 18,020
Are you having any wi-fi interferences noises when streaming music? I'm experiencing a lot streaming Tidal last night. Not good considering we paid so much for this device and can't even stream music properly. Also noticed the wi-fi on X7 is very weak signal. I even tested 8 feet away from my router. I have a strong router too.

I haven't had any interference and my wifi strength is pretty good. Sounds like maybe its the individual unit. Did you buy from a local dealer? if so, I would look into getting it looked at or replaced.

Dec 26, 2015 at 7:38 PM Post #7,574 of 18,020
I haven't had any interference and my wifi strength is pretty good. Sounds like maybe its the individual unit. Did you buy from a local dealer? if so, I would look into getting it looked at or replaced.

The noise is mainly from the initial wi-fi connection and during download and uploading activity. Strange yours is fine.

Dec 26, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #7,575 of 18,020
The noise is mainly from the initial wi-fi connection and during download and uploading activity. Strange yours is fine.

Ah okay, I don't have any interference but I only stream, haven't downloaded it it. But if its only during those instances, might be related to intense wifi activity?

Yeah its weird, I am usually the one who gets the short end of the stick. You know how they sometimes say oh yeah 9 times out of 10 you will be fine. I am that one out of 10 guy who usually gets screwed. I am pretty surprised I don't have any of the problems that people seem to be having. Luck of the draw I suppose. 

But wifi interference might be par for the course for a device of this nature, but I don't really have much experience with DAPs, this is my first DAP as well. I hope FiiO can chime in on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back