FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Dec 18, 2015 at 1:55 AM Post #7,262 of 18,020
Mojo, The thing is you need to stack it. The X7 sounds VERY good as well but it has a wider presentation that pushes the vocals back slightly in the mix. At least that's how I hear it, YMMV and IMO and all that.

beerchug.gif

I'm curious myself Mojo vs X7 not stacked which has better SQ overall.  Would you say the X7 has wider sound stage?  That is definitely important to me.  

On another note i'm finally getting my unit delivered tomorrow! Well assuming no mishaps with the carrier *fingers crossed*

Dec 18, 2015 at 2:03 AM Post #7,263 of 18,020
Mojo, The thing is you need to stack it. The X7 sounds VERY good as well but it has a wider presentation that pushes the vocals back slightly in the mix. At least that's how I hear it, YMMV and IMO and all that.

beerchug.gif

I agree, the vocals are more upfront and visceral on the Mojo as compared to the X7. Last 2 days I was really feeling the X7 more than the mojo after initial honeymoon period wore off but using the Mojo as a dac has really made it grow on me. 

I think they are both worth owning. Different enough sound signatures, to fit different listening moods etc

Dec 18, 2015 at 2:04 AM Post #7,264 of 18,020

Great job with the updates so far, liking the OTA nature of the updates.

Any ETA on USB Dac functionality? 

there are still quite some bugs in the USB DAC so I can make sure when we can release it. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 18, 2015 at 2:46 AM Post #7,265 of 18,020

You just reminded me that I get occasional issues with Spotify claiming it can't download because there is no storage space left. The thing is I have 75 GB free on my card. Not sure what's going on. Maybe this is tied with the ordinary player sometimes not being able to read my files. I hope my card hasn't gone bad. I bought a new 128 GB card just for the X7.

It might be the Spotify app. I've had problems with it in the past whereby it randomly switches to using internal memory even when there is a card present.

I've had to delete offline content and re-sync a number of times to get rid of error messages like this.

Dec 18, 2015 at 4:16 AM Post #7,268 of 18,020
I'm curious myself Mojo vs X7 not stacked which has better SQ overall.  Would you say the X7 has wider sound stage?  That is definitely important to me.  

On another note i'm finally getting my unit delivered tomorrow! Well assuming no mishaps with the carrier *fingers crossed*

Yes, X7 sounds wider, more holographic. It's an enjoyable DAP and definitely has great sound quality. My personal preference is for the Mojo but if you want a wider soundstage then the X7.

Dec 18, 2015 at 6:01 AM Post #7,269 of 18,020
My X7 review is up. 
smily_headphones1.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-x7/reviews/14810

Dec 18, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #7,271 of 18,020
I collected mine this evening. Now to charge it and load a 128GB card!

Dec 18, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #7,272 of 18,020
Lately I've started noticing that my play/pause hardware button wouldn't respond when the screen is off. Today, while trying to figure out why, I turned screen on but stayed on the lockscreen and hit the play/pause hardware button - out of blue PowerAMP decided to start playing... while in Pure Music mode. Wasn't pure mode was supposed to be FiiO Player only?

Dec 18, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #7,273 of 18,020
Lately I've started noticing that my play/pause hardware button wouldn't respond when the screen is off. Today, while trying to figure out why, I turned screen on but stayed on the lockscreen and hit the play/pause hardware button - out of blue PowerAMP decided to start playing... while in Pure Music mode. Wasn't pure mode was supposed to be FiiO Player only?

Remember that you have to reboot after changing between Android and Pure Music Mode. Otherwise, you're still on whatever mode you were before.

Dec 18, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #7,275 of 18,020
If you guys are looking for an amazing media manager on the X7, install mediamonkey!  I have it set to wirelessly sync my desktop music to my X7 along with transfer ratings back and forth.  If you already have an android phone, download media monkey and browse to /data/data/com.ventismedia.android.mediamonkey on your android phone and copy the apk file to your sd card.  Insert SD card into your X7 and install the apk file.  Follow the same process if you decide to purchase mediamonkey, except you'll also need to copy over the mediamonkeypro activation apk.  Note that if you activate the pro on your phone before you copy the file over, the activation process will delete the pro activation apk file (should be about 381 KB and named "base.apk").  Purchase media monkey pro, browse to that com.ventismedia.android.mediamonkeypro folder and copy that base.apk file before activating the pro license!

Remember that you'll need to share your media within mediamonkey on your computer, set up port forward in your router, and open that port within windows firewall settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back