FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Dec 15, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #7,142 of 18,020
has It been an issue for any one

I remember someone saying they had noise from an older phone that was laying near by.....     I used to have an older work phone " Nextel " that would dim the lights in my house when it went off...  kidding a bit...  I never had any noise show up with the iphone 6 sitting right next to it...  

Dec 15, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #7,143 of 18,020
  I remember someone saying they had noise from an older phone that was laying near by.....     I used to have an older work phone " Nextel " that would dim the lights in my house when it went off...  kidding a bit...  I never had any noise show up with the iphone 6 sitting right next to it...

Thank you for your reply. I have ordered the X7 from MICCA store and am anxiously waiting for it to arrive.

Dec 15, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #7,145 of 18,020
For anyone on the fence about ordering, trust me this is some desktop level stuff. This thing docked to K5 is the perfect desktop unit imo. The X7 is quite versatile and it can do a lot of things very well, and new features are being added with every update. So its a good time to get in on the action!

Heck, the X7 as a USB DAC (when its added) with line out to any amp would blow anyone's mind with its performance. 

Dec 15, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #7,146 of 18,020

I will be honest with you, I have had all the FW updates, and 1.3 seems just as good as 1.1  To my ears I don't really descent a downgrade in the sound, still sounds pretty awesome to me. Although my ears might not be as capable of picking up the minute details, I didn't really notice a downgrade in FW 1.3 

So don't worry about it :)

According to others FiiO is making a case and Dignis will be making really nice leather cases for the X7 soon enough.

I would have to agree with Twister6. I can hear the heavier bass, which bleeds some into the lower mids and affects the detail and imaging with FW1.3. 

Dec 15, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #7,147 of 18,020

I would have to agree with Twister6. I can hear the heavier bass, which bleeds some into the lower mids and affects the detail and imaging with FW1.3. 

I wasn't discounting what he said, but its something that can be easily reversed with a simple FW update, and imo shouldn't be factored too heavily when deciding to buy it. Especially considering when the difference isn't night and day. But yes there are differences that I picked up after listening to some EDM tracks, esp in relation to bass. 

@twister6 Hope you didn't take it the wrong way what I was trying to get across buddy, hope they drop another update soon (with USB DAC plz)

Dec 15, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #7,148 of 18,020
I'm a bit pissed off at USPS. I said on the website to have it rescheduled for delivery today. So I woke up earlier to make sure I could be there for the package this time. I even saw the courier nearby, but I decided to be nice and let them do their thing. Later on, they disappear and the package still isn't there. I call up the Annex, and they say the package isn't at their warehouse. Either a second courier will arrive later today, or I will have to wait until Wednesday for a package that was supposed to arrive on Monday. This wouldn't have bothered me if I didn't pay for expedited shipping.

I know it's not really Micca Store's fault, but unless they change to UPS or FedEx, I don't think I can trust that my item will be delivered to me on time. Who expects a signature from someone at 9:53 am when most people are at work? Argh... </rant off>

Anyway, I hope other people are enjoying their X7s... 
frown.gif

Dec 15, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #7,149 of 18,020
  I'm a bit pissed off at USPS. I said on the website to have it rescheduled for delivery today. So I woke up earlier to make sure I could be there for the package this time. I even saw the courier nearby, but I decided to be nice and let them do their thing. Later on, they disappear and the package still isn't there. I call up the Annex, and they say the package isn't at their warehouse. Either a second courier will arrive later today, or I will have to wait until Wednesday for a package that was supposed to arrive on Monday. This wouldn't have bothered me if I didn't pay for expedited shipping.

I know it's not really Micca Store's fault, but unless they change to UPS or FedEx, I don't think I can trust that my item will be delivered to me on time. Who expects a signature from someone at 9:53 am when most people are at work? Argh... </rant off>

Anyway, I hope other people are enjoying their X7s... 
frown.gif

Better to have a signature than leaving it at the door for some creep to steal. You will be enjoying the X7 soon enough, I would bet. :^) 

Dec 15, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #7,152 of 18,020
Does the X7 have any type of balance mode configuration?

Yes. The 8 channel desktop ESS9018 DAC chip the FiiO X7 uses is great for balanced output to a balanced amp module. When they release the balanced amp module with both RSA/ALO Kobiconn and 3.5mm TRRS jacks you will be in full balanced glory. Don't know when they expect to release the extra amp modules though.

:)

Dec 15, 2015 at 9:25 PM Post #7,153 of 18,020
  Where did you buy the K5 from?  I've looked at a couple of websites and I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I think they are going out for reviewing right now unless available in China. 

Dec 15, 2015 at 9:26 PM Post #7,154 of 18,020
Does the X7 have any type of balance mode configuration?

now we changed to 2.5 balanced output with 3.5mm output ( can't work at the same time )

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 15, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #7,155 of 18,020
now we changed to 2.5 balanced output with 3.5mm output ( can't work at the same time )

That makes me sad as my IEM are 2.5mm. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back