FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
May 30, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #3,781 of 18,020
Couldn't resist. Found a nice offer for ZX2. Ordered it, awaiting delivery on monday. When the X7 is on market I will make a new decision.

Make sure your IEMs are sensitive enough and not higher than 16 Ohm since this player cannot really drive anything serious with its 15 +15 mW 
wink.gif

May 30, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #3,782 of 18,020
Make sure your IEMs are sensitive enough and not higher than 16 Ohm since this player cannot really drive anything serious with its 15 +15 mW :wink:  

The AKG K3003 have only 8 ohms. I fear this is to low. On monday I know more. And when it will not properly work, I send it back.

May 30, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #3,783 of 18,020
The AKG K3003 have only 8 ohms. I fear this is to low. On monday I know more. And when it will not properly work, I send it back.

I would had waited if I were you. 15mw is not enough for most tasks. Fiio x5II makes a competitor to zx2 if you do not need internet. 

K3003 is easy to drive, very easy to drive, you might be able to get good resoults.

I am still here using a stack, who am I to talk about something like this?
biggrin.gif

May 30, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #3,784 of 18,020
I would had waited if I were you. 15mw is not enough for most tasks. Fiio x5II makes a competitor to zx2 if you do not need internet. 

K3003 is easy to drive, very easy to drive, you might be able to get good resoults.

I am still here using a stack, who am I to talk about something like this?:D
I don't know about that - Gave myself brief tinnitus several times already with the ZX2 due to its infectious SQ, and - even with modest power rating, it can still push out plenty of volume... - and, no - I'm not one of the members that says that 1/10 on the volume is too loud, on the Hugo (for comparison) I happily sit between green and light blue on its colour 'wheel' :)

May 30, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #3,786 of 18,020
I don't know about that - Gave myself brief tinnitus several times already with the ZX2 due to its infectious SQ, and - even with modest power rating, it can still push out plenty of volume... - and, no - I'm not one of the members that says that 1/10 on the volume is too loud, on the Hugo (for comparison) I happily sit between green and light blue on its colour 'wheel'
smily_headphones1.gif

I listen to music very loud, zx2 has acceptable power. Enough for my Fostex TH900... Could use a tad more... But it's loud and bass hits with authority.

Interesting facts.

Sadly, I cannot test zx2 myself, so I can only judge based on ratings what it is capable of. 

But it seems that it is still an outstanding device. 

It is good to know this! 

May 30, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #3,787 of 18,020
I listen to music very loud, zx2 has acceptable power. Enough for my Fostex TH900... Could use a tad more... But it's loud and bass hits with authority.

Interesting. It cannot drive the xba-z5 properly –  the bass is boomy and muddy

Jun 2, 2015 at 2:24 AM Post #3,788 of 18,020
Dear all,

As discussed before, the X7 may come with a whitelist and blacklist of apps that may and may not be installed on the player, the intention being to limit installed apps to audio-relevant ones. If this is the case, what apps would you like to see to run on the X7? The results of this survey counts toward compatibility testing and coding as well as the whitelist. :)

Cheers all :beerchug:
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 2, 2015 at 2:38 AM Post #3,789 of 18,020
Joe,

TIDAL and I'm sold :)

Jun 2, 2015 at 2:43 AM Post #3,790 of 18,020
USB Audio Player Pro would be interesting for if wanting to use as a transport?!

Is the audio player app that is stock an in house creation, or third party? Usual suspects like Neutron or PowerAmp would be good

Jun 2, 2015 at 2:50 AM Post #3,791 of 18,020
Yes, definately USB audio player pro.

And also PowerAmp.

Jun 2, 2015 at 2:57 AM Post #3,792 of 18,020
USB Audio Player Pro would be interesting for if wanting to use as a transport?!

Is the audio player app that is stock an in house creation, or third party? Usual suspects like Neutron or PowerAmp would be good

Noted--although I suspect that the stock player will include facilities for bit perfect USB streaming too :wink:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 2, 2015 at 3:54 AM Post #3,795 of 18,020
Lima app
Still in beta phase, but will be official soon. Maybe FiiO could liaise with them? Could solve storage problem as long as there is Wifi wherever you are :D

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cloud-guys/plug-the-brain-of-your-devices

Users who are viewing this thread

Back