FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Apr 8, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #3,301 of 18,020
Will it be able to stream TIDAL? Looking for a simple Dap to take the place of my iPhone 6 for the Oppo pm-3s

Apr 8, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #3,302 of 18,020
Apr 8, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #3,303 of 18,020
Sweet. That's really all I want though DSD would be pretty sweet. I spend about 50% of my time with lossless streaming on TIDAL and the other half with Hi-Res music so one DAP that could do both and doesn't cost as much as the AK240 is a deal for me

Apr 9, 2015 at 7:29 AM Post #3,304 of 18,020
@JamesFiiO : Quite disappointing to learn X7 will not support aptX. With upcoming BT buds like Earin and Aurisonic Auris I was kinda hoping X7 would be the all in one solution: Being able to listen to HiRes with balanced IEM/card and using aptX streaming on the go. Any chance of having the aptX feature as prepaid like @piotrekfronc suggested earlier or just pay extra for individual license? Thanks!

Apr 9, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #3,306 of 18,020
I really do not understand the stress over aptx. bluetooth will never sound as good as wires, no matter how improoved it is. normal bluetooth is enough..

A Bluetooth® connection is a bit like a data pipeline between devices. Because the pipeline has a maximum width, it can sometimes be difficult to flow large audio files through it.​

aptX® solves the problem of sending pure audio wirelessly over Bluetooth® by reducing the size of the audio files so they can be squeezed through the wireless pipeline without affecting the sound quality.​

Source for this data is aptx ofiicial site.

All of you people do understand that aptx does a lossless to mp3 conversion before sending the files, and it is actually worse than usual bluetooth, right? i mean, i pretty much consider it a waste of time and space, and the licence is extremely expensive. 

It is not expensive because it is good, it is just as if you would have 320 mp3s instead of FLACs.
Mp3s are audibly transparent, and are a better way to invest money than aptx.

Apr 9, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #3,307 of 18,020
Yeah I don't get it either the sound quality is poor even with aptx. Bluetooth streaming as a whole still has a way to go, the only difference I noticed was there was less skipping using aptx but a cable would negate that and sound better. I understand wanting to cut cables out of the equation entirely but they really are a necessary evil in high end audio.

Apr 9, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #3,310 of 18,020
Nice to hear about the new x7. I was just thinking the other day about having and andorid music player. This sounds like it will be perfect for me. I was just using my phones as my music players but now that Im using more alac files I wanted a dedicated player. may have to pick up th enew x3k to hold me over till the x7 comes out

Apr 9, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #3,311 of 18,020
There has been no information about the X5 II having Bluetooth or Wifi. I would not spread this information without a link to back it up.

I seriously doubt the X5 II will have these features.

X5 II won't have the back display, 8Gb (16) of internal memory, cheaper dac and whithout that module stuff, and also the back will be made of plastic like the X1.
Like the X1 is a mini X3, X5 will be a mini X7, I bet.

Just speculating BTW, but I guess I'll be damn right! 

Apr 9, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #3,312 of 18,020

X5 II won't have the back display, 8Gb (16) of internal memory, cheaper dac and whithout that module stuff, and also the back will be made of plastic like the X1.

X3II has a metal back so I see no reason for the X5II not to have one.

Apr 9, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #3,313 of 18,020

X3II has a metal back so I see no reason for the X5II not to have one.

I don't see FiiO turning X5 into a mini X7.  My best guess is that they'll improve the wheel function, maybe update the prossesor or basic underlying functionality of the guts so they will be able to provide better updates and other small incriments.  I can't believe they'd turn it into a whole new product.
From reviews, the X3 was given a good facelift with sound coming closer to the X5.  Why wouldn't Fiio do the same for X5II?
Oh Yeah, the X5 doesn't have a plastic back.

Apr 9, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #3,314 of 18,020

I guess you'll be wrong.

Of course it won't have a back display but I don't see any internal storage. I certainly don't see a cheaper DAC (meaning lower quality than the current DAC in the X5, not price), or modular amps. There is NO WAY they'll make it with a plastic case. Chances are it'll be more like a big brother to the current X5 rather than a mini X7.

Who really knows except FiiO though.

I half read your post as a joke, right?

Apr 9, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #3,315 of 18,020
I guess you'll be wrong.

Of course it won't have a back display but I don't see any internal storage. I certainly don't see a cheaper DAC (meaning lower quality than the current DAC in the X5, not price), or modular amps. There is NO WAY they'll make it with a plastic case. Chances are it'll be more like a big brother to the current X5 rather than a mini X7.

Who really knows except FiiO though.

I half read your post as a joke, right?

It would be cool if fiio tried out an R2R dac with and implementing a good LO. Wouldn't matter to me, what x version. X4LTD or something like that. God that would be cool

Users who are viewing this thread

Back