FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Mar 16, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #2,971 of 18,020
Lol... No its not... But X1 is nice, but nowhere near the AK240... Nor should it be. X3 is just different, it's a fun player. I love the hardware controls, battery life is great, it's sturdy, and I don't worry about it. SQ is very nice in the X3 and depending on my mood, Ill grab it first. The 240 is different, it's clear, crystal clear, sounds amazing... But sometimes. I just want fun and X3 is great for that.

They do compare the X5 to the AK240, have you ever listened to the X5? I do know the AK240 sounds better but I hear its very marginal at best.

Mar 16, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #2,972 of 18,020
Lol... No its not... But X1 is nice, but nowhere near the AK240... Nor should it be. X3 is just different, it's a fun player. I love the hardware controls, battery life is great, it's sturdy, and I don't worry about it. SQ is very nice in the X3 and depending on my mood, Ill grab it first. The 240 is different, it's clear, crystal clear, sounds amazing... But sometimes. I just want fun and X3 is great for that.
I will remind your words when the second version of the X3 will arrive,thx:blush:

Mar 16, 2015 at 7:13 PM Post #2,973 of 18,020
I will remind your words when the second version of the X3 will arrive,thx:blush:

Yup. Based on Brooko's review, the X3ii looks pretty darned good:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-x3-2nd-gen-ultraportable-hi-res-dap/reviews/12744

Mar 16, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #2,974 of 18,020
They do compare the X5 to the AK240, have you ever listened to the X5? I do know the AK240 sounds better but I hear its very marginal at best.

Unfortunately not. For some reason it never interested me. Had zx1 as my first dap not name ipod, went to Rwak120b, then added the fiio x3, then 240, then x1. Not sure why I never added X5...im sure it sounds amazing.

Mar 16, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #2,975 of 18,020

I sampled an AK240 and own an X5. The difference? I'd give the AK240 a 10-30% clarity advantage on upper-tier headphones like the display T90 I auditioned them on. (It was different tracks, so I'd have to factor in that maybe the ones on the 240 were well-recorded and on a better format compared to what's on my X5.) It's better than the X5 enough to be said to be unquestionably better at least for clarity, but it's certainly not so much better that the ridonculous 2.2K pricetag is remotely worth it. I don't feel like my X5 is underperforming for 350. At all. With the X5's sound and price as a reference alone, I'd rate the AK240 to be worth maybe 500-600 dollars, personally. If the X7 even comes CLOSE to the AK240 (and frankly I'm expecting parity given how close they already are), you'd have to be nuts to buy the ole' AK instead. Prolly it'll wind up being something like what I've read about the HE-500/560 vs. most flagship headphones. They'll trade blows with the best of 'em, win some, lose some, which is more than they have any right do given their MUCH lower price tags. Basically, pricetags aside, it'll probably be a question of preference, not performance. Except...lower price tag. I bet the X7 will be stealing the show from quite a few established names even if it does everything we DON'T individually want. And of course, it's a trend-setter. A lot of other guys are starting to throw their cards on the sub-1K table now. The budget killer DAPs are arriving in force. Vive la revolucion! Or something.

Mar 16, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #2,976 of 18,020
At this point, I think the best solution for those who want maximum storage on the X7 would be to buy a micro SD to SD adapter and then a big SD card. Last I heard, they come in up to 512GB capacities, topping anything you can buy even with two micro SD cards
wink.gif

Meaning you have to spend ALOT on such a SD card, not to mention one of your already owned 128 GB SD micro sd are not used anymore.. for Fiio owner's already owning 2 micro SD's
Such waste, and cost of money.
I don't think that's the best solution to be honest.
more like, that's the only way, and we can't or won't change it too bad..

Mar 16, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #2,977 of 18,020
I don't feel that the right attitude to have towards Fiio. I've been around the block a few times and I've never seen a company as involved with their customers as Fiio. They have a big task at hand, unfortunately they can't please everyone.

Mar 16, 2015 at 11:51 PM Post #2,982 of 18,020
At this point, I think the best solution for those who want maximum storage on the X7 would be to buy a micro SD to SD adapter and then a big SD card. Last I heard, they come in up to 512GB capacities, topping anything you can buy even with two micro SD cards
wink.gif

Does this mean all of this will fit inside the X7 without awkwardly sticking out? Why not just put in a standard sized SD card slot to start with? That would be great cuz then you can have the same 256gb on one card for less money than two 128gb micro SD cards, with expensive 512gb cards being an option if you really need.

Mar 17, 2015 at 7:44 AM Post #2,984 of 18,020
Fiio's customesr service is the worst. I have a x3 and my x3 dont open and battery is shaking. I said that approximately 7 months ago. Customer service never help to you and now I have a brick, yes this is my x3.

Mar 17, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #2,985 of 18,020
Fiio's customesr service is the worst. I have a x3 and my x3 dont open and battery is shaking. I said that approximately 7 months ago. Customer service never help to you and now I have a brick, yes this is my x3.

Hello puskuruk,

The customer service response in this case should be pretty simple--they should give you the service repair form to fill in and then give you our factory address in China for you to send your X3 in for repairs. Send me a private message using the link below

http://www.head-fi.org/messages/messages/compose/u/715

with your email address and I'll tell them to get on it right away.

What was your problem with customer service before?

Best regards,
Joseph Yeung
FiiO

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back