FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Dec 26, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #1,891 of 18,019
Dec 26, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #1,892 of 18,019
Yes, and I'll quickly say that we're about a hundred years behind in these ideas. Tesla was way ahead of his time and used many of the same principles. Too bad oil, gas, and electrical meters won the day. Enough said as anyone can look it up if interested.

Back to the X7..........

Yep.

Tesla's stuff has been suppressed by 'you-know-who' for the past century...

Dec 26, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #1,893 of 18,019
Yep.

Tesla's stuff has been suppressed by 'you-know-who' for the past century...

Careful, they'll be at your door soon for talking like that.......

Dec 26, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #1,894 of 18,019
Let's hope they come bearing gifts of shiny new DAPs
wink_face.gif

Anyway, moving on...

Dec 27, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #1,896 of 18,019
Ooooh

Dec 27, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #1,898 of 18,019

Amp module for X7 

Oh exciting, James. Does it mean the X7 is modular or is that just the part. No need to answer, just build the thing :)

Dec 27, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #1,902 of 18,019
hi, new member, pardon me if this was requested already (huge thread) but i have one dear request :

i think if you're going to add bluetooth to the player, you would do your customers an amazing favor that i think most of us don't even know how much we want:

built-in stereo BT multiplexing, maybe by implementing 2 bluetooth transmitters (each with separate BT identities) and developing firmware to route the left audio channel to one BT identity and the right audio channel to the other BT identity...the firmware could also serve to send the full left/right signal to both identities.

this would allow users to turn ANY bluetooth speakers into a stereo pair, as opposed to be stuck with the very poor options available for that now. this would also allow users to send full left/right BT signals to players far apart, to ensure the same sound in the living room and back yard, for example.

i learned of this thread because i'm researching which FiiO player i might get to replace the tablet that i presently use for the beach and outdoor sound. i run the tablet through a Y-splitter cable (3.5mm stereo male to 2 RCA L/R male, and on each RCA end i add a female RCA ---> 3.5mm stereo male converter) to two better portable speakers.

the speakers are TDK Q35's, and while they have a fairly closed, boomy sound with poor separation as a single stereo source, they actually sound quite amazing outdoors as a stereo pair...like having a semi-decent home stereo with you at the beach.

only problem is i'm wedded to a Y-cable stretching across a king-size bed sheet at the beach, always vulnerable to all sorts of accidents. both speakers are capable of bluetooth, but they can not be linked together as a stereo pair over BT the way much more limited speakers can...such as the UE Boom or the TDK Trek Micro.

i am presently hunting a Bluetooth multiplexer than can do this, but if a single powerful audiophile player could serve that purpose as well, that would be absolutely amazing.

i don't know if it's too late to implement this feature, which i suspect must be hardware-configured as well as firmware-configured, and i don't know if my fellow audiophiles really understand how much they will love this feature once they have it, but i can tell you all this:

people at the beach with much louder portable PA's on wheels end up jealous of my system, which is almost as loud but sonically more delicious...they'd rather hear their songs on my system. i wish i could ditch the cables tho!

to sum up: if you like music, and you want to share it portably, with better fidelity, having one player with 2 unique bluetooth identities that could be dedicated left/right transmitters allows one to use MUCH better bluetooth speakers than can otherwise be paired...and turn almost any outdoor locale into a hi-fi music studio. with good speakers, i promise that the effect is not subtle, it's stunning.

PLEASE implement it!

Dec 27, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #1,904 of 18,019
But is that kind of modularity the most space-efficient method?

Mmmmm... no.

Nice, but not efficient.

Sorry, but I'm just being honest.

Dec 27, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #1,905 of 18,019
  But is that kind of modularity the most space-efficient method?

Mmmmm... no.

Nice, but not efficient.

Sorry, but I'm just being honest.

What do you mean? I am still trying to figure the back (module) out. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back