FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Dec 18, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #1,636 of 18,020
Guide to registering your FiiO is up :smile:
http://www.fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=40071

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 18, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #1,637 of 18,020
  So I was half right?
deadhorse.gif

It appears so, except for X7's volume control does not use the volume control implemented in the DAC chip. Though, it does not look like an analog volume control:)

in X5, the DSD signal converted to PCM signal and send to PCM1792A. it is nothing about the volume control. plz remember that some DAC chip do includes a hardware volume control inside the chip. 

That's right, I was just saying that if by the design a system uses the volume control of the DAC chip itself (all the modern DAC chips have such a feature implemented, as well as many of them have an integrated DSP, like FiiO X1's DAC chip) it prevents the system from decoding a "pure" (not converted to PCM prior to DAC inputting) DSD stream. And since X5 uses a PCM1792 chip integrated volume control feature, the DAP can't support native DSD, just like my ibasso DX90

Dec 18, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #1,639 of 18,020
in X5, the DSD signal converted to PCM signal and send to PCM1792A. it is nothing about the volume control. plz remember that some DAC chip do includes a hardware volume control inside the chip. 

AHA! I was right! Where's my prize!!

In your face olddude!!!

Lol, just playing around................ I know I read about the DSD implementation in the X5 somewhere, long ago.

Dec 19, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #1,644 of 18,020
Can't wait to see what the final design looks like!

Although I really like the materials/finish of the renders James posted on page 85, my favourite designs so far are:

Quote:

I have no problem with a digitally controlled volume design, but I prefer the rotary control, there's plenty of precedence for rotary knobs, so I dont think FiiO need to worry about it looking like A&K, A&K look like plenty of other players ( OK maybe not the AK240, but that's just ugly, sorry )

And yes, I already know the design has almost certainly been finalised.

Dec 19, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #1,647 of 18,020
i would really love msata instead of microsd. the market is going to fully move to msata sooner or later, because it is cheaper, faster, more reliable, and the compatibility is better.  This would really be a killer ideea, but again, i am really not sure how hard it is to implement, i mean what circuits are needed. but if the circuits are not that complicated,. it would really be fun!

Dec 19, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #1,650 of 18,020
The main problem for msata drives is heat build up on larger file transfers.  Over in the ipod modding section there are consistent reports of heat build up during 30-40 gig transfers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back