FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jul 3, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #12,812 of 18,020
Firmware update just made my x7 a useless piece of junk. Constantly getting the message. "Unfortunately fiio music has stopped" and it is not going away. It's unusable now and no clue how to reverse it. After six months of excuses this is what we get.

Jul 3, 2016 at 1:37 AM Post #12,816 of 18,020
Firmware update just made my x7 a useless piece of junk. Constantly getting the message. "Unfortunately fiio music has stopped" and it is not going away. It's unusable now and no clue how to reverse it. After six months of excuses this is what we get.

It's probably time to try a reinstall from recovery mode. Have you already tried that?

BTW, one other oddity I've discovered with the FiiO music app... Try unplugging your headphones, then plug them back in and immediately hit play. The volume level is muted for about the first 10 seconds, after which it quickly ramps back up to the level at which it was previously set. Anybody else notice this? FiiO??? I presume this is a bug, because if it's a feature, it seems pointless and annoying.

Jul 3, 2016 at 2:36 AM Post #12,818 of 18,020
It's basically unusable now. Constantly looping the error message. fiio has abvioisly not done their homework properly before releasing the firmware. I hope they have a solution for this SOON

No need for sweeping generalisations just because you're having issues.

Have you tried a factory reset? 

EDIT: FiiO, the OTA update was perfect on my end. Prompt installation, and is working smoothly. VU meter is a nice touch - thanks guys!

Jul 3, 2016 at 4:03 AM Post #12,820 of 18,020

Yes, happened to me too, as others referred a factory reset will fix it.
My .02 cents

Jul 3, 2016 at 4:06 AM Post #12,821 of 18,020
The Play/Pause button is now operating correctly in the new FW - no need to wake the screen.

Good job Fiio!

Serious???? I was asking that for ages... Ok, I'll trust you and won't power on my X7 just to check that :evil:

[Edit] YES! They fixed it. Thanks for the note!

Jul 3, 2016 at 5:10 AM Post #12,823 of 18,020
Whoa, my AM1 sounds sooo crystal clear now.... 
eek.gif

Good job, Fiio. No, excellent job, Fiio!!  
etysmile.gif

Jul 3, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #12,825 of 18,020

No need for sweeping generalisations just because you're having issues.

Have you tried a factory reset? 

EDIT: FiiO, the OTA update was perfect on my end. Prompt installation, and is working smoothly. VU meter is a nice touch - thanks guys!

The issue faced by me has been faced by others also hence it is not something unique to me.  I am entitled to feel shortchanged and express my displeasure against the malfunction of a product I have spend my money on. I have no incentive to speak bad about Fiio nor do I have any incentive to defend something which is clearly an error on by FIIO. I have at least 6 FIIO products at home including 2 X7 and If I have the right to praise my X7 when I am enjoying it, I also have the right to be very upset when it does not work as expected. Fiio took quite some time to release this firmware with a promise that it would address most issues and not create new problems for users. Many including me had bought the X7 because of its exceptional sound and its modular design inspite of it having quite a few bugs, with the hope that these would be addressed in future firmware updates. When the much awaited firmware starts behaving erratically then one is bound to be upset. i am trying to factory rest but the error message is not allowing me to get to the reset screen. i will keep trying to get to the reset option but it is very frustrating. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back