FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
May 27, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #12,092 of 18,020
Yes, we all have different tastes. I find the eq to be its best feature. Hard to beat a 20 band PEQ. I can tweak, actually alter, a sound signature pretty significantly.

Agree. Not only a question of taste but also culture, habits, audition wear, race, age, brain perception (aka "neuron adaptive burning"), reference system (best SQ auditioned, live, etc)... You name it...

I remember someone referring a AK owner saying he didn't like the leather case because it affected sound quality, I'm gone buy a cooper spray and paint my X7 to check if it sounds better, I bet it will

Regards

May 27, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #12,093 of 18,020
Lol. Yes, I read that about the case as well. I find that extremely difficult to believe, but anything is possible. I won't doubt that LouisArmstrong did hear a difference, or, more believably, that he was having fun...although the former is harder to believe than the latter.

May 27, 2016 at 7:11 PM Post #12,094 of 18,020
Having a problem with Neutron on my X7. I can adjust the volume up or down with the touchscreen. But i can only adjust up with the X7 volume button. The down button does nothing. But it works fine with the Fiio player or Tidal. Any suggestions?
Thanks...

May 28, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #12,096 of 18,020
Having a problem with Neutron on my X7. I can adjust the volume up or down with the touchscreen. But i can only adjust up with the X7 volume button. The down button does nothing. But it works fine with the Fiio player or Tidal. Any suggestions?
Thanks...

Unfortunately that's an issue. I normally just goto the home screen, the volume buttons work better that way.

May 29, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #12,097 of 18,020
I just want a module with usb type c. The old usb on such a high-end player is absolutely ridiculous.

USB type C is a multimedia interface that can be used to transfer about 100 watts of power, it can be used to transfer digital and analogue video signals, it can be used to transfer digital audio (not sure about analogue)

but, what about usb 2.0, you say?

it can transfer digital audio, it can transfer about 15+ watt power. (5v, 2.1A)

what else is it that you need for an audio player?

what you're asking for is something so not needed in an audio player that i wonder if you're really listening to music or just telling everyone that you have a very expensive gadget in your pocket.

-CH23

regarding the person asking about the battery percentage:
here's 2 ways:
http://www.cnet.com/how-to/enable-battery-percentage-indicator-on-android-4-4-kitkat/
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=47227601&postcount=1

i hope it works for you :)

May 29, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #12,098 of 18,020
Very strange issue with a JRemote app. It can not play tracks higher than 44100 on X7. But on iPhone, iPad it works well. And Neutron plays this tracks (24\192) by FTP on X7  too.

May 29, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #12,099 of 18,020
2 FiiO - PLEASE sell clear case separately!!!!!

May 29, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #12,100 of 18,020

USB type C is a multimedia interface that can be used to transfer about 100 watts of power, it can be used to transfer digital and analogue video signals, it can be used to transfer digital audio (not sure about analogue)

but, what about usb 2.0, you say?

it can transfer digital audio, it can transfer about 15+ watt power. (5v, 2.1A)

what else is it that you need for an audio player?

what you're asking for is something so not needed in an audio player that i wonder if you're really listening to music or just telling everyone that you have a very expensive gadget in your pocket.

-CH23

regarding the person asking about the battery percentage:
here's 2 ways:
http://www.cnet.com/how-to/enable-battery-percentage-indicator-on-android-4-4-kitkat/
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=47227601&postcount=1

i hope it works for you :)

I just want a more convenient usb port if I buy a new module in the future. That is good for everyone.

May 29, 2016 at 5:04 PM Post #12,101 of 18,020
  I just want a more convenient usb port if I buy a new module in the future. That is good for everyone.

what's more convenient about USB C in this case?

May 30, 2016 at 12:08 AM Post #12,105 of 18,020
My X7 has been acting funny over the last couple of days. The music suddenly stops in the middle of a track and starts again after a few seconds. I tried rebooting did not help. Tried re scan of tracks, playing ok for a few tracks now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back