FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Apr 28, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #11,476 of 18,020
Gold is still the best conductor, why would anyone want silver instead of gold?

Actually it's not.

Silver Is the best conductor, followed by copper, and then gold. The problem with silver and copper is that they both oxidise. Gold doesn't - hence its use in connectors / jacks etc

Apr 28, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #11,477 of 18,020
Actually it's not.

Silver Is the best conductor, followed by copper, and then gold. The problem with silver and copper is that they both oxidise. Gold doesn't - hence its use in connectors / jacks etc

deja vu :wink:

to those asking for certain parts to be made of any metal that they're currently not:

the opamp itself also uses copper within the IC. the PCB uses copper wires.

the battery uses copper and another metal (aluminium, magnesium, etcetera)

Apr 28, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #11,479 of 18,020
deja vu :wink:

to those asking for certain parts to be made of any metal that they're currently not:

the opamp itself also uses copper within the IC. the PCB uses copper wires.

the battery uses copper and another metal (aluminium, magnesium, etcetera)

Battery needs to hold charge, they are even made of lithium (rare earth metal)....doesn't matter.

Opamp should be using silver instead. It is just because there is no manufacturer to make it, and specifically order it will jack up the price, and the price of x7 is non realistic to ask for it.

The PCB should also use silver as conductor and call PSB instead, again, price cost !

Ideally, everything inside a dedicated amplifier or signals that were processed by the DAC into analogue should be conducting the best way that it could.

But those topics are for another place. Now, my question remains.....people has the option to use high quality cables for interconnect from DAC to amplifier. By using X7 and amp module, there is no option to use high-quality interconnect. Therefore, will there ever be a limited run for those module with high quality Terminal ? I asked this because the amp module is taking in analogue signals that were dedicated to sound frequency, I wouldn't ask if it was carrying data signals

Apr 28, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #11,480 of 18,020
Hey All,

Just a quick question.  When I bought an X5 a couple years ago, it came with earphone dummy plugs to protect the earphone out and line out from contamination.  I've been using these with my X7 and really love the extra security.  Does anyone know where I can buy these?  I'd like to get some extra to have around for multiple devices and the fact that they are really small and easily lost.

Thanks for your help

Apr 28, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #11,481 of 18,020
Battery needs to hold charge, they are even made of lithium (rare earth metal)....doesn't matter.

I have good news, we have plenty in Portugal (5th producer in world), stock for +70 years quadruplicating production.

Thats why we will be ALL rich in a few years - petrol will be used exclusively for women creams. We don't have petrol, no natural gas, no gold or silver or diamonds, but we have LITHIUM !!! Hurraaaaa!

beerchug.gif

Apr 28, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #11,483 of 18,020
FOR UK POSTERS

EA Audio say they will have AM5 amp module in stock on  3rd May - £89
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01EV8NZGW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

RM1 Remote due on 30th May £19.99
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01EVH47D8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just ordered mine

Apr 28, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #11,484 of 18,020
Cheers mate, the RM1 is very very handy...I got a test unit for review and I love it. Well made and works like a dream with the X7. I will hold fire on the am5 until I have heard a few reviews (and they are in UK stock).

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #11,485 of 18,020
Cheers mate, the RM1 is very very handy...I got a test unit for review and I love it. Well made and works like a dream with the X7. I will hold fire on the am5 until I have heard a few reviews (and they are in UK stock).

Can you connect up to X7, and leave playing for quite a while without touching the actual RM1.  See if either the X7 or RM1 bluetooth connection goes into a sort of semi-sleep mode?  It does on mine, and the volume jumps.  Looks like it could be a bug with the X7 as it doesn't do same with iPhone 5S.  Just curious - no other reviewers have reported it yet.  Definitely happens on mine - and is repeatable.

Apr 28, 2016 at 7:06 PM Post #11,486 of 18,020
But those topics are for another place. Now, my question remains.....people has the option to use high quality cables for interconnect from DAC to amplifier. By using X7 and amp module, there is no option to use high-quality interconnect. Therefore, will there ever be a limited run for those module with high quality Terminal ? I asked this because the amp module is taking in analogue signals that were dedicated to sound frequency, I wouldn't ask if it was carrying data signals

They already have high quality gold plated copper terminals.

There is no better option. Silver would make no difference in the short term and be worse in the longer term.

You need to get over this obsession 
biggrin.gif

Apr 28, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #11,487 of 18,020
Silver oxide doesn't happen easily in the normal atmosphere and air....unless we are talking about those tarnished by continuously exposed to human handling, sweat, and air....aka silver coins. That is why jewelry are made of gold and silver....but not copper lol :D

Apr 29, 2016 at 12:26 AM Post #11,488 of 18,020
Silver oxide doesn't happen easily in the normal atmosphere and air....unless we are talking about those tarnished by continuously exposed to human handling, sweat, and air....aka silver coins. That is why jewelry are made of gold and silver....but not copper lol :D

Look at the connectors on your high quality silver interconnects. What are they made of? Copper? Silver? Gold? Plated or solid?

The terminals on the X7 are comparable to the connectors, not the wire.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 29, 2016 at 2:57 AM Post #11,489 of 18,020
Got the X7 to fit inside the K5 with case.. I'm happy

Apr 29, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #11,490 of 18,020

Opamp should be using silver instead. It is just because there is no manufacturer to make it, and specifically order it will jack up the price, and the price of x7 is non realistic to ask for it.

The PCB should also use silver as conductor and call PSB instead, again, price cost !

Ideally, everything inside a dedicated amplifier or signals that were processed by the DAC into analogue should be conducting the best way that it could.

your nice silver interconnects will turn to a corroded nightmare within a year. that's why gold is used.

this is why most interconnects use goldplated terminations.

what you're asking for is a product that works for a short amount of time and then just sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back