FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Mar 22, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #10,486 of 18,020
A new unit should be sealed in shrink wrap. Surprised amazon would send that out. I would return it for another, personally.

Mar 22, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #10,488 of 18,020
Joe,

Can you confirm if the units were shipped from the factory like this?

Or did I get a used unit? Bought from Amazon.com from an authorized dealer. Just got it today.

I have had 3 units (long story) all came shrinked wrapped with zero cellotape. I would be asking for a new one if it was sent to me like that as I would not be confident it had never been opened.

Mar 22, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #10,489 of 18,020
I have had 3 units (long story) all came shrinked wrapped with zero cellotape. I would be asking for a new one if it was sent to me like that as I would not be confident it had never been opened.

OK, I contacted Amazon and advised them via chat, and they said I could open it to check it out, which I did, and it definitely appears to be used as the screen protector was re-applied and the library has someone else's music on it.

Mar 22, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #10,491 of 18,020

OK, I contacted Amazon and advised them via chat, and they said I could open it to check it out, which I didn, and it definitely appears to be used as the screen protector was re-applied and the library has someone else's music on it.

You need to get it replaced. 

Let's hope they are not hard to deal with.

Usually Fiio official resellers are very nice and helpful people, but I never bought anything from Amazon until now, so I am not sure what you should expect. 

Mar 22, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #10,495 of 18,020

They gave me a label to send it back after I got the OK to open and inspect it, to be honest, I will probably take it home and listen to it tonight to see if I like the pairing with my JH Audio Angie's and then send it back tomorrow. 

I have (many times) bought from Amazon, listened to it for a couple weeks, then sent it back to them on their dime. They refund price of unit, including the fast shipping method I chose. Cost me nothing. Amazon is amazing and I buy from them whenever I can.

Mar 22, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #10,496 of 18,020

Is anyone able to offer up a tagging scheme to help the X7 with some album series that are numbered?

The Grateful Dead’s Dicks Picks Vols 1-35  is the most challenging time I’ve had with the X7 along with the smaller series Dave’s Picks and Road Trips
With all of those series I have the titles very simple such as Dicks Picks 1, Dicks Picks 2 and so on.

I cannot get them to show in that ascending order.
I’ve tried  adding a zero in front of the first 9 ; 01, 02, etc 

In the Artists section DP 1 shows in the right spot, followed by 18 then 31? After that is all just a random mess    

In the Folders section its much closer but  still not how it should be: 1 is followed by 12 and 2 shows after 19 and 3 shows after 29.

Any Ideas?

I tend to number mine from 101 etc and then continue with the second disc from 201 onwards.  It usually works fine using folder mode

Mar 22, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #10,497 of 18,020
I have (many times) bought from Amazon, listened to it for a couple weeks, then sent it back to them on their dime. They refund price of unit, including the fast shipping method I chose. Cost me nothing. Amazon is amazing and I buy from them whenever I can.

My experience with amazon (co.uk, .de and .it) is 5 stars *****
And resellers don't fail "usually" ... But they backup them at all cost so no problem

Regards

Mar 22, 2016 at 5:14 PM Post #10,498 of 18,020

If you return too much they will actually stop taking returns from you. I know one reviewer here who has been cut off by Amazon for just that reason so tread carefully.

Mar 22, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #10,499 of 18,020

If you return too much they will actually stop taking returns from you. I know one reviewer here who has been cut off by Amazon for just that reason so tread carefully.

That is exactly why I contacted them, I haven't returned that much stuff, but I have returned a couple of cell phones in the past and a few expensive bathroom fixtures that were missing parts in the past few months and a Fiio X5 last summer, so I made sure to tell them exactly what the situation was so it was logged in the chat before opening and asking for the return. Places like Best Buy use a third party company to monitor returns, and you can get banned from returning items if you return too many high dollar items in a short amount of time.

Normally I would have just returned it using the website, but I contacted them to make sure they understand the item wasn't as advertised.

Mar 22, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #10,500 of 18,020

Good to know. How many returns did they allow? I wonder if the reason you provide factors into the equation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back