FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Mar 5, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #10,126 of 18,020
Maybe someone can help me? Got my x7 today, updated the firmware, but it only shows me half the number of songs I have stored on my sd card. And there seems to be no way how to manually update the media library.  :frowning2:

Mar 5, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #10,127 of 18,020
Maybe someone can help me? Got my x7 today, updated the firmware, but it only shows me half the number of songs I have stored on my sd card. And there seems to be no way how to manually update the media library.  :frowning2:

hi Haiku,

I currently don't have my X7 on me so I'm doing this from the top of my head:
Open the FiiO music app,
On the left you should have settings, go to the "scan music" or something like that.

A cog on the top right should appear, tap it.
Now you should be able to uncheck "skip tracks shorter/smaller than X seconds/kb"
I think that should do it, now scan again.

Mar 5, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #10,128 of 18,020
hi Haiku,

I currently don't have my X7 on me so I'm doing this from the top of my head:
Open the FiiO music app,
On the left you should have settings, go to the "scan music" or something like that.

A cog on the top right should appear, tap it.
Now you should be able to uncheck "skip tracks shorter/smaller than X seconds/kb"
I think that should do it, now scan again.

That´s it. Excellent! Thank you, ch23!  :)

Mar 5, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #10,129 of 18,020
Mar 5, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #10,131 of 18,020
funny thing is that it can be easily cut down by modifying boot animation, using firmware unpacking tool...

can you prove this with a timer? i think it's all in the mind.

Mar 5, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #10,133 of 18,020
Lovely sunny saturday afternoon here in the pacific west coast of Canada. What better way to spend parts of day then walking and visiting your local audiophile shop.

Had a chance to pair the X7 with the E12a since they didn't have the AM2 module yet. Very pleased with the sonic improvements even on my sensitive NAD HP50 headphones. Bass is faster and punchier. Instrument separation easier to distinguish. Overall it gave my headphones a more livelier listening experience. So am much planning to get the AM2 once available. Those with the K5 and AM2, can you comment if they both sound the same or would you prefer AM2 more?

Mar 5, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #10,135 of 18,020
So, what news in the x7 world? One module has been released, it was "meh", no word of other modules? No word of the ampless stacking module?

Been waiting for the product to mature for quite a while now..

Mar 5, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #10,136 of 18,020
  So, what news in the x7 world? One module has been released, it was "meh", no word of other modules? No word of the ampless stacking module?

Two modules have been released. AM1 and AM2.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-am2-medium-power-amplifier-module-for-x7/reviews/15278

Mar 5, 2016 at 7:45 PM Post #10,137 of 18,020
  No word of the ampless stacking module?

Cool - Didn't realise that was in the works. Very interested in this!

Two amp modules are out, as well as several firmware updates with pretty decent changes.. I'd say it's maturing right on schedule. 

Mar 5, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #10,138 of 18,020
  And Cayin's start up time is even more impressive

Not exactly a fair comparison, IMO.

Cayin uses the same SoC as FiiO X1 / X3(II) / X5(II) and therefore is running a much simplified firmware (*just about every DAP that uses the same SoC also uses a modified version of the stock firmware, with the exception of Hifiman). For example, FiiO X5II takes only 14 seconds to boot up. However, this is merely because the firmware itself is 'dumb' and lightweight when you compared it to Android.

Mar 5, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #10,139 of 18,020

Cool - Didn't realise that was in the works. Very interested in this!

I'm not 100% sure of this, but I heard it in this thread and James might have confirmed it. (Super interested in it too)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back