FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Mar 1, 2016 at 4:03 AM Post #10,036 of 18,020
Factory resetting th FiiO after upadate to 1.8 solves the Bluetooth Volume Problem.

I did this too, but now the Google playstore app cant download any apps.
I get an 924 Error code and no downloads are beeing made. The app itself works fine.
Please help.

Mar 1, 2016 at 4:42 AM Post #10,037 of 18,020
I am loving the feel of my Dignis case. The X7 should have come with a leather case of sorts. That plastic cover really doesn’t do it justice. It feels so...premium now!

Mar 1, 2016 at 4:43 AM Post #10,038 of 18,020
It seems snug enough. Maybe too snug since I need to take it off later and put my sd card back in...or use it with the K5.

Edit: You can push from the top to get it to stick out a little. However, what I found works is to plug it into the USB and pull the X7 out by tugging on the USB cable. That might give you a good idea on how snug it is. Gravity alone won't pull the X7 down.

Would there be any potential damage tugging on the fragile microUSB connector like that ?

Mar 1, 2016 at 4:47 AM Post #10,039 of 18,020
Would there be any potential damage tugging on the fragile microUSB connector like that ?

Possibly. My connector is already going down the drain. I wanted to save space on my laptop by leeching off the micro sd card with an adapter. I don’t want to keep on taking off this case and possibly damaging my already busted USB port, though.

I put the audio files on my laptop for now...

Mar 1, 2016 at 5:07 AM Post #10,040 of 18,020
Would you like to send it in for repairs? :xf_eek:

I think so. How much would it cost? Would I have to ship it to China?

Hello Unfie,

Where did you buy your X7--is it a local dealer or an international purchase?

You may reply to me via pm.

If you buy from a local authorized dealer you should be able to send any broken FiiO to your own country's FiiO distributor for them to return them to us on your behalf. :smile:

Best regards,
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 1, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #10,041 of 18,020
Also you guys with the cases (especially you Unfie) - would recommend not putting pressure on USB port in order to extract from case (eg inserting cable and pulling on that).  Easiest way is to hold the case, give a sharp shake down, and the bottom 1/2 inch of the X7 pops out.  the you can simply grab this piece and ease it out of the case.  No stress on the USB port that way.

Mar 1, 2016 at 7:03 AM Post #10,042 of 18,020
Guys,

This is my first post her at headfi. Been a Fiio customer for a few years now with X5 (gen 1), X3 (gen 2), and now X7. Extremely happy with the first two products, but I'd like to share my frustration with the newly purchased X7 hoping to find a solution here. I tried google on them, but came up with very little relevant discussion so far.

First problem is the imbalance sound image problem. For some reason, the sound image is shifted to the right a little bit, and I wonder if it's caused by the right channel being slightly louder than left? I'm not talking about a big imbalance, but a 10 to 15% sound level difference. I've verified on several headphones I have (Senn 558, Shure 535, Shure 846). I can kinda mitigate the problem by changing the sound balance in settings, but I somehow can still feel a bit off in the sound quality (depth maybe?). So I wonder if it's a bigger problem than just sound level imbalance?

Second problem is the static noise on right channel once wifi is on and I'm using one of the music apps from the Fiio market (QQ music, Kugo, etc). The noise is present for about 10 seconds at the beginning of each streamed song, and it's only on the right channel. Not sure if this is due to the improper shield between WiFi antenna or some other reason? And I even start to connect this symptom to the first problem since the noise only appears to the right (louder) channel?

Looking for anyone who has similar experience of mine, and any possible solution here.

Thanks,

Re problem 2 static. I was amongst the 1st to report this so followed it closley. I belive the criterior for sending an X7 back is static on 2 full sized headphones.

Since you have imballance as well I would have a word with Joe Bloggs via pm as he is super approachable & has been very helpful not just to me, but other Fiio customers on the thread with various probllems.

Incidentally if you press on settings and then about device, you can find your batch number to see if it was from the same lot as mine and a few others who had early problems listed as NB: T333a. Not all units in this lot were faulty just some of us were unlucky.

Anyway good luck sorting something out.

Mar 1, 2016 at 7:06 AM Post #10,043 of 18,020
Also you guys with the cases (especially you Unfie) - would recommend not putting pressure on USB port in order to extract from case (eg inserting cable and pulling on that).  Easiest way is to hold the case, give a sharp shake down, and the bottom 1/2 inch of the X7 pops out.  the you can simply grab this piece and ease it out of the case.  No stress on the USB port that way.

I find the easiest way is actually to push using friction on the screen, especially if you have a screen protector. I'm not talking about pushing towards the back of the player, I'm talking about sliding your finger down the screen

Mar 1, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #10,044 of 18,020
Hi,

A minor issue but anyone else would like to have the color from the caption texts on a lighter grey (where it says "12 songs in total" or the artist name bellow song name) ?

Its hard for me to read them and only 1 minute for FiiO to correct it ...
FiiO please ? :)

My 2 cents

Mar 1, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #10,045 of 18,020
Hey guys, has there been a comparison between the am1 and am2 yet? Have been keeping track of this thread much lately. Heard from some people that the am2 is quite a lot better. Are only the unlucky people getting this issue with wifi on or is it with all the units but in varying degrees? And can anybody here compare the am2 module connected to the x7 with the QP1R or the lotoo paw gold? Maybe with more powerful amp modules, the sq will be brought up to top tier or at least close.

Mar 1, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #10,046 of 18,020
Hey guys, has there been a comparison between the am1 and am2 yet? Have been keeping track of this thread much lately. Heard from some people that the am2 is quite a lot better. Are only the unlucky people getting this issue with wifi on or is it with all the units but in varying degrees? And can anybody here compare the am2 module connected to the x7 with the QP1R or the lotoo paw gold? Maybe with more powerful amp modules, the sq will be brought up to top tier or at least close.

Did you try reading Brooko's AM2 review?
http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-am2-medium-power-amplifier-module-for-x7/reviews/15278

Mar 1, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #10,047 of 18,020
  Hi Guys,

Has anyone found a way to completely replace the 'Launcher 3' with another.. say Nova?  If i set Nova as default, everything is fine, until i restart the device, it starts up with the default launcher of Launcher 3 again and i have to go about setting Nova as default again - it's getting quite frustrating.

Cheers
Paul

Sorry to quote myself - Did anyone ever figure this out?  I thought i was being clever and froze the process using Titanium Backup... don't do this :)  Required a reflash to fix :D

Mar 1, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #10,048 of 18,020
X7ii wish feature >> wouldn't it be brilliant if the next X7 had a second small display that (eg Samsung Edge display) could be always on and shows you the current music track and tidbit of info. It could even be a black and white energy efficient omoled or e-ink display. I often find myself turning on the screen to check what song is streaming next on Tidal.

Mar 1, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #10,049 of 18,020

Yes, I'm glad you said that. Are people nuts pulling on a port? That is just asking for trouble. I hope people heed your warning.

Mar 1, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #10,050 of 18,020
X7ii wish feature >> wouldn't it be brilliant if the next X7 had a second small display that (eg Samsung Edge display) could be always on and shows you the current music track and tidbit of info. It could even be a black and white energy efficient omoled or e-ink display. I often find myself turning on the screen to check what song is streaming next on Tidal.

Would be cool, but not likely to be realistic in terms of development cost, but who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back