FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Oct 27, 2014 at 4:04 PM Post #976 of 18,020
I quite agree, SQ should be the target and I don't care if it's too big and heavy either. I don't consider the Hifiman daps to be ugly at all, I like the way they look, just wish the ui was better and faster.
As for the AK240 the shape I see in the pictures is a bit disconcerting like they tried to copy M.C. Escher but I will get a chance to see them live at the Coronado show this Saturday, Nov. 1st to really get a feel for how they look. I think, somehow, I will get a different impression then.

Let us know what you think. Pretty much everyone who has seen the AK240 design doesn't 'get it' until they hold it. Then it's like 'oh, this is nice'.

Oct 27, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #977 of 18,020
try actually holding one, they are more or less shaped that way so that your fingers and hand would be on the right " places" when you picked it up , at least thats what happened to me

Oct 27, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #978 of 18,020
Let us know what you think. Pretty much everyone who has seen the AK240 design doesn't 'get it' until they hold it. Then it's like 'oh, this is nice'.

For sure, I'll comment about it soon. I've gotten the same impression how different it is once you have it in your hand from the various comments I've read about its unusual shape. Thanks for your comment, xRelic.

Oct 27, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #980 of 18,020
i just hope that x7 beats the ak240 as far as audio quality goes...

if x7 would have
better sq
better batterry
better memory

that would absolutley kill every other player on the market....

we must all agree that besides these three things, the rest are gimmicks....

Oct 27, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #984 of 18,020
For sure, I'll comment about it soon. I've gotten the same impression how different it is once you have it in your hand from the various comments I've read about its unusual shape. Thanks for your comment, xRelic.

When I first saw the ak240 I though they were insane to release something like that, but as I looked at it more and more I started to respect their anti apple industrial design. Then I started to admired it, it was for listening to high quality audio and it screamed it. this wasn't no smart phone wanna be and it didn't in any try to imitate the old iPod classic (no scroll wheel or rounded square shape) but it wasn't till I held it that I realized how great it was. But it's a tad heavy, something I didn't think till I held its new brothers

Oct 27, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #985 of 18,020
When I first saw the ak240 I though they were insane to release something like that, but as I looked at it more and more I started to respect their anti apple industrial design. Then I started to admired it, it was for listening to high quality audio and it screamed it. this wasn't no smart phone wanna be and it didn't in any try to imitate the old iPod classic (no scroll wheel or rounded square shape) but it wasn't till I held it that I realized how great it was. But it's a tad heavy, something I didn't think till I held its new brothers

Is it heavier than the X5?

Oct 27, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #986 of 18,020
  Is it heavier than the X5?

sorry haven't played with the x5 everytime I'm about to get a chance to try it out something happens (I went to the la meet to try the x5 and dx90 but couldn't find any members that had them until after the meet when at a pool hall they mentioned there x5 but the battery was dead).  DAMN!!  It was by luck that I got to A/B the ak240/hm901.

To clarify when held by itself the ak240 feels like solidly built and when you look at it from the side its like holding a replica of a mini alien tank (i could just imaging it floating of the battle field).  It was only when I held it next to a ak120 II (also solid though more generic) that it felt heavy, when I put down the ak120 II after a few minutes I forgot about it. 

PM if you have anyother questions as this is off topic

Oct 28, 2014 at 4:29 AM Post #990 of 18,020
  I would love to have option for surround sound effect (Club, Jazz, Hall, Arena) something like Sony Walkmans. Best is to have user option to adjust both the Reverberation Time and Depth (just like Pioneer Reverb Amplifier SR-303)

Interesting, but, I never cared for imposed venue effects much.  For a home all-in-one CD changer-tuner with those small speakers.  I wouldn't begrudge them being there, but that would be a low priority for me. 
I'm used to not having a token internal memory since the X5 should be expandable with firmware upgrades.  It would be interesting if they could squeeze another card slot or two in the 7.
Oh yes: Someone commented on a Cowon device called X7, on the Dap Off thread, I believe.  Maybe James should check into that so there are no conflicts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back