FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Feb 10, 2016 at 8:18 PM Post #9,271 of 18,020
  Nah man, If I had big bucks.

I'd be using astells and stuff, I just save bro
L3000.gif

LOL ,if we all had big bucks to spend we wouldnt need to be on Head fi spending thousands of hours researching what has best bang for buck. 
We'll all be on google searching "BEST DAP/IEM/HEADPHONE/etc. in the world"  and end up spending more than 100k in a day.

Feb 10, 2016 at 9:37 PM Post #9,272 of 18,020
Hi James,
Happy Chinese New Year!

Few pages back, we have discussed about an issue beside the wifi noise, some of us experiencing issue with the bluetooth connection. There is some noise as well, similiar like "frying" sound. A review pointed this out ( http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-x7/reviews/15125 ), and some of us experiencing as well. Please look into it, the wifi got issue, now the bluetooth has them too -.-

Sorry please understand that the bluetooth/wifi both are 2.4g wireless techinical , and everyone has their own special environment so it is hard to identify the reason but we did  test every X7 before shipment so it is not a design/manufacture issues. and all I can say

it is beyond our ability and that is why wireless can't be used for HiFi.

BTW, in 1.8 firware, you may need to reset the X7 first to get the correct volume of bluetooth and I have tested the volume by myself with my iphone/Mi/Sausung smartphone and there are not big difference in volume. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 10, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #9,274 of 18,020

Sorry please understand that the bluetooth/wifi both are 2.4g wireless techinical , and everyone has their own special environment so it is hard to identify the reason but we did  test every X7 before shipment so it is not a design/manufacture issues. and all I can say

it is beyond our ability and that is why wireless can't be used for HiFi.

BTW, in 1.8 firware, you may need to reset the X7 first to get the correct volume of bluetooth and I have tested the volume by myself with my iphone/Mi/Sausung smartphone and there are not big difference in volume. 

So the wireless pretty much useless now, although we paid for it. nice.

Feb 10, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #9,277 of 18,020
  LOL ,if we all had big bucks to spend we wouldnt need to be on Head fi spending thousands of hours researching what has best bang for buck. 
We'll all be on google searching "BEST DAP/IEM/HEADPHONE/etc. in the world"  and end up spending more than 100k in a day.

Sennheiser Orpheus is considered the best, and it costs 50K. 

Best closed back headphones go for max 2-3K for TH900, and 1k for ultrasone sig dj. 

Best DAC/AMP that is portable is Chord Hugo, and it goes for 2k. Mojo goes for 0,5K. 

Abyssus goes for 5K. 

There is a limit on how much you can actually spend with this hobby.

The point it, speakers audiophiles do much much worse than us headphones audiophiles. Thought they can use hugo for a DAC, speakers amps and speakers themselves go for much more. 

There are speakers cables that start with 10K 
eek.gif

Feb 10, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #9,278 of 18,020
Have any of you tried connecting to your 5Ghz WiFi to avoid some of the traffic on your 2.4Ghz? I use that at home with my Onkyo so as to avoid the cordless and cell phone traffic in my house. I must admit I wasn't having WiFi issues when I was testing with a Sonos speaker, but I figured it can't hurt to divide the wireless channels up.

Feb 10, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #9,279 of 18,020

Sennheiser Orpheus is considered the best, and it costs 50K. 

Best closed back headphones go for max 2-3K for TH900, and 1k for ultrasone sig dj. 

Best DAC/AMP that is portable is Chord Hugo, and it goes for 2k. Mojo goes for 0,5K. 

Abyssus goes for 5K. 

There is a limit on how much you can actually spend with this hobby.

The point it, speakers audiophiles do much much worse than us headphones audiophiles. Thought they can use hugo for a DAC, speakers amps and speakers themselves go for much more. 

There are speakers cables that start with 10K 
eek.gif

HAHAHA agreed 
biggrin.gif

How about the room ? How much would that cost?

Feb 11, 2016 at 3:29 AM Post #9,284 of 18,020
abXsK6M.jpg

I want to cry.

I will cry when the AM2 is released

yeah that track got to me too.

is there any FiiO approved player (one that uses the full potential of the DAC) that scrobbles? i tried searching the thread but can't really find anything concrete on this.
  LOL Steven Universe............. how old are you?

caring about what others like if its out of their age classification? how old are YOU? :wink:

Feb 11, 2016 at 4:46 AM Post #9,285 of 18,020
the X7 just arrived, and it comes with a hard case.
it can fit in the K5, but you'll need to modify the "door" a bit:

1: unscrew the cradle by removing the 2 screws.
watch out! there is a ribbon cable attached so don't yank it out!
2: close the door, and turn the cradle upside down, with the back showing.
there should be a screw visible in the middle. unscrew this (it's not very easy to do so, but still doable)
3:remove that screw, now the inner part of the door should come out.
4: screw the cradle back on the k5, open the door, and put your X7 in the cradle!

EDIT: apparently this way it still can't connect to the micro usb, so for that you'll have to take off about 2mm at the bottom of the case.
i think the leather cases will work as they're completely free at the bottom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back