FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Dec 27, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #7,636 of 18,020
How strong is your wi-fi signal on X7?. Try moving away from the router until the wi-fi signal is weaker too about 2 or less bars. I noticed the noise more when the wi-fi is more active and trying harder.

I have to bars in my home, my router is in another room. I have the X7 two weeks i didnt have any wifi interference streaming through Tidal Flac Files, except when i put my phone near the x7...

Dec 27, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #7,637 of 18,020
With my X7 connected to my computer, the USB mode isnt working. In settings/storage, under USB Storage where it says mount sd card, it is greyed out. When i try using the MTP, PTP, or Mass Storage options, still nothing happens...

Dec 27, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #7,638 of 18,020
What's your opinion of the sound quality of Mojo vs X7? This is one of my alternative options if I return the X7 or the iDSD micro.

The Pionner and Onkyo are partner products. Very similar but Only had better internal parts I believe. I think Fiio is better with firmware support.

Technically the Mojo is probably the better option, more detail and better soundstage overall to the music.  However the X7 musically holds it own, very engaging and found myself reaching for it more than the Mojo due to it's addictive musical nature, makes it all the more disappointing with the WiFi issue.

Also my interference happens no matter where I am in relation to my router.

Dec 27, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #7,639 of 18,020

Technically the Mojo is probably the better option, more detail and better soundstage overall to the music.  However the X7 musically holds it own, very engaging and found myself reaching for it more than the Mojo due to it's addictive musical nature, makes it all the more disappointing with the WiFi issue.

Also my interference happens no matter where I am in relation to my router.

Thanks for all your posts on Mojo / X7, it made me decide X7 over XDP 100 or LG V10 : The Mojo is so addictive to me, if the X7 is even as good I'll be happy :)

Sorry to hear about your issues, but it might be worth returning the X7 for a new one, not everyone has the issue maybe QA is the real issue here. 

I hope I won't have the interference issue, I'll know tomorrow when I'll pick up mine

Dec 27, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #7,640 of 18,020
Thanks for all your posts on Mojo / X7, it made me decide X7 over XDP 100 or LG V10 : The Mojo is so addictive to me, if the X7 is even as good I'll be happy
smily_headphones1.gif

Sorry to hear about your issues, but it might be worth returning the X7 for a new one, not everyone has the issue maybe QA is the real issue here. 

I hope I won't have the interference issue, I'll know tomorrow when I'll pick up mine

My intention is to try another model from the retailer but from comments from Fiio and their reps it seems that they think it is not a fault but a hardware issue that is not faulty hence the download your tracks then switch wifi off solution, which is not a solution.

Dec 27, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #7,641 of 18,020
I have had my X 7 for a few weeks, I use it with my Bowers and Wilkins C5 series 2 and have a 128gb SanDisk micro sd.
I also use Tydal and I must say I don't hear any static noise not any thing just a very good sounding tracks

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Dec 27, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #7,642 of 18,020
I have had my X 7 for a few weeks, I use it with my Bowers and Wilkins C5 series 2 and have a 128gb SanDisk micro sd.
I also use Tydal and I must say I don't hear any static noise not any thing just a very good sounding tracks

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

This suggests that despite what Fiio are saying that this is a quality issue with certain units, bodes well if I get a replacement unit.

Dec 27, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #7,644 of 18,020
Anyone consider that not all WiFi sources are the same, are in the same location, have the same transmitting power, etc..

Any time there is a WiFi signal you run the chance that you'll get noise. Happens with the Mojo too when using mobile phones. It's just a fact of going wireless. I understand some devices are better than the FiiO but it is a music player first and a music streamer second. It blows my mind that some users are considering switching to a device without WiFi that costs more money, even though they like the sound of the X7 and can simply turn off WiFi.

Dec 27, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #7,645 of 18,020
My intention is to try another model from the retailer but from comments from Fiio and their reps it seems that they think it is not a fault but a hardware issue that is not faulty hence the download your tracks then switch wifi off solution, which is not a solution.

I hope you have better luck, of course the answer is unsatisfactory, and not in the line of the way they have built the device (upon community feedback and wishes).

Anyone consider that not all WiFi sources are the same, are in the same location, have the same transmitting power, etc..

Any time there is a WiFi signal you run the chance that you'll get noise. Happens with the Mojo too when using mobile phones. It's just a fact of going wireless. I understand some devices are better than the FiiO but it is a music player first and a music streamer second. 

Good point. Yet, streaming is the way of the future, I have no doubt this issues will be fixed across manufacturer no too long from now. I for one had no issue whatsoever with Mojo even with a dual sim phone that probably emits even more interferences being connected to two networks at once. The fact that not everybody experiences those issues is a sign that something is not under control somewhere along the build process.

I have a wifi repeater at home, signal is always good that might help. Dunno.

Dec 27, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #7,646 of 18,020
So does anyone have an answer to why i cant connect to my computer as USB Mode? Does Windows need a specific driver? Also, wireless sound seems fine with my device, but connecting a Bluetooth remote makes the sound terribly bad and ive read thats happening with many other people.

Dec 27, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #7,647 of 18,020
As I outlined few pages ago when the WiFi issue was first mentioned: I have a hypothesis that the presence of WiFi noise is the product of combination of the WiFi hardware and it's settings. 

If you hear the noise check if your router/access point is N with MIMO capable, test your signal strength (WiFi Analyzer on the Play Store), switch to different WiFi channel, if possible set 40Mhz channel width for your 2.4GHz network. Use your phone as a hotspot and check if you still get the interference.

Dec 27, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #7,648 of 18,020
  So does anyone have an answer to why i cant connect to my computer as USB Mode? Does Windows need a specific driver? Also, wireless sound seems fine with my device, but connecting a Bluetooth remote makes the sound terribly bad and ive read thats happening with many other people.

You should get a fullscreen popup on the X7 when you connect the USB cable to the PC with a large button "Turn on USB storage". If you don't: check with different cable, on a different PC and try resetting the X7 to factory defaults. If none of those helps you possibly have a defective unit.

Dec 27, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #7,650 of 18,020

Swipe down from the LEFT side (where the USB icon is). You will see an alert saying "USB connected". Click on it. Now you'll see a full-page window with a button at the bottom that says "Turn on USB Storage". Do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back