FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Nov 5, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #6,451 of 18,020
Nov 5, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #6,453 of 18,020
  Wow, pretty neat feature. So you have to upload them yourself or does it pull them from the Internet if on WiFi?

You can easily put lyrics in musicfiles with Musicbee. (in my opinion the best music player for windows, it's pretty underrated) Just click/play a song, copy and paste lyrics in the lyrics tab, save, and lyrics will be saved in the file. If you don't have a X7 yet, you can test it on Poweramp on Android if you want to see if it works, just put the newly updated .mp3 or .flac file on your phone, listen to it with poweramp, click on the lyrics tab and see if it works, it works for me.

Musicbee can also automatically get lyrics from the internet and embed them in music files, but since I only listen to J music, it doesn't work most of time, it probably does work with most english songs though.

http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Lyrics

If you manually put lyrics in songs, like I do currently, you can also easily sync them. Though, poweramp does not have a lyric syncing feature, you can just display the lyrics. Would be so badass if the X7 does. If anyone can confirm that would be great.

Nov 5, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #6,454 of 18,020

You can easily put lyrics in musicfiles with Musicbee. (in my opinion the best music player for windows, it's pretty underrated) Just click/play a song, copy and paste lyrics in the lyrics tab, save, and lyrics will be saved in the file. If you don't have a X7 yet, you can test it on Poweramp on Android if you want to see if it works, just put the newly updated .mp3 or .flac file on your phone, listen to it with poweramp, click on the lyrics tab and see if it works, it works for me.

Musicbee can also automatically get lyrics from the internet and embed them in music files, but since I only listen to J music, it doesn't work most of time, it probably does work with most english songs though.

http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Lyrics

If you manually put lyrics in songs, like I do currently, you can also easily sync them. Though, poweramp does not have a lyric syncing feature, you can just display the lyrics. Would be so badass if the X7 does. If anyone can confirm that would be great.

I'm going to have to check that out. That definitely appears to be a Songbird fork, and I loved Songbird. I love that the users of it back in the day were trashing Songbird as being terrible, when they were clearly using a fork of the source. Have you used Nightingale? That's what I use currently (also a Songbird fork), but it doesn't really get updates at this point. 

Nov 5, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #6,455 of 18,020
Why would you want the lyrics? Just curious.

Nov 5, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #6,456 of 18,020

Simple, for karaoke
blink.gif

Nov 5, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #6,457 of 18,020
Nov 5, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #6,458 of 18,020

I'd never heard of that feature before. I often am looking for the lyrics of a song that I'm listening to, so personally I think that's a great feature.

Nov 5, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #6,459 of 18,020

I'm going to have to check that out. That definitely appears to be a Songbird fork, and I loved Songbird. I love that the users of it back in the day were trashing Songbird as being terrible, when they were clearly using a fork of the source. Have you used Nightingale? That's what I use currently (also a Songbird fork), but it doesn't really get updates at this point. 

Nope, musicbee is perfect for me and I'm never changing it.

Nov 5, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #6,460 of 18,020
Thanks to all of your comments and reviews, I have made a personal decision, I have decided to support FiiO some more and am going ahead to buy the X7 when it releases. I currently own the X1 and am soon getting the E17K, I am happy to say, I may just have become a loyal customer.

I've never spent a big sum of money on a single, hand-held gadget, but I love music too much and this seems to good to pass up, especially hearing that it gives 2k$ players a run for their money.

I can't wait for the release, if I could pre-order it, that would be even better.

Thank you all for convincing me.

Nov 6, 2015 at 4:10 AM Post #6,461 of 18,020
Call for third party X7 expansion module developers
--by James Chung, CEO of FiiO​

Any interested designers / companies may email us directly at market@fiio.net!
---------
As you may know, one big selling point of the X7 is its patented interchangeable expansion module. The expansion capability of this module is theoretically unlimited. For a start, headphone amps of different power / style may be made into modules for the X7. In the more advanced case, other DACs may also be built into the module, taking the place of the built-in ES9018S. One can even make a module to expand the X7’s storage and battery capacities.

Currently, the expansion modules officially planned for development / production by FiiO include:

Standard (IEM) module: suitable for driving most IEMs, earbuds, portable on-ear earphones and some efficient full-size headphones.
Medium power module: utilizing the renowned MUSE02 op-amp for higher output power and wider application.
High power module: Use of the LM49600 op-amp planned for power amplification of full size headphones.
Balanced output module: having 4-pin Kobiconn and 2.5mm balanced output ports, this will be the amp to have for various headphones / earphones on the market with balanced cables.

But I predict that, no matter how many different modules we make, the finite resources of our own company will be insufficient to meet everyone’s audio demands. For example, I predict that the following modules are just a few of the many that will find favor in the market:

Class A module: for those who are paranoid about crossover distortion and negative feedback
Tubey module: utilizing an op-amp with tubey sound sig, this module will add its own signature to the music, perhaps via even order distortions.
Basshead module: see title.
Vocals module: highlights the vocal bands, suiting the tastes of certain Hi-Fi enthusiasts, especially in China.
Female vocals module: aims to make female vocals as addictive as drugs.
ACG module: your solution to Fitear Monets not shipping overseas…

My thoughts are,

1. We will publicize the connector specifications for our expansion modules, both mechanically and electronically, including such details as PCB dimensions, connector dimensions, various signal voltages, currents, timings and protocols.

2. We will sell outer shells, inner chassis and fastening screws as development kits to third parties.

3. Third parties may design third party modules with the aid of the specifications and kits we provide.

4. After design is complete, they may provide us with samples of their completed modules for safety / reliability testing and certification. If they pass such tests, we will provide their modules with our certification logo and provide them with batch supplies of shells and chassis for their use in mass production of the modules. We won’t attempt to ban the production of uncertified modules, although we will not provide them with batches of shells and chassis.

5. The third parties may sell the modules themselves, or they may consign them to us for sale through our channels.

6. If the third party is willing, and we believe in the market value of the module, we can also purchase the exclusive rights to their module design for our own production and sale.

7. Limited edition modules may be available in the future, with e.g. special colours, design elements, etc. to increase customizability of the X7.

8. Third party expansion modules may be priced at the third party’s discretion, although we will of course offer our suggestions.

I hope this will create a win-win situation for all involved: consumers will have choices of more modules; aspiring designers will be able to have people throughout the world see and hear their designs through the FiiO X7; and we may increase the X7’s customizability and marketability. Any interested designers / companies may email us directly at market@fiio.net.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 6, 2015 at 4:14 AM Post #6,462 of 18,020
So, if i'm reading this correctly, the high power (or balanced) module is not even in production yet since you will be having a 3rd party make them? If so I think this may be overcomplicating things, just a high & lower power module should be all you would need. Low power for IEM users and High Power for people like myself who want to use it with planars. Just my thoughts...

Nov 6, 2015 at 4:16 AM Post #6,463 of 18,020
So, if i'm reading this correctly, the high power (or balanced) module is not even in production yet since you will be having a 3rd party make them? If so I think this may be overcomplicating things, just a high & lower power module should be all you would need. Low power for IEM users and High Power for people like myself who want to use it with planars. Just my thoughts...

Nonono, it's not in production yet, but we will be making that ourselves...

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 6, 2015 at 4:16 AM Post #6,464 of 18,020
Nonono, it's not in production yet, but we will be making that ourselves...

Oh, carry on then :) That's all I'm waiting for. Oh, and for you guys to start selling it in the US!!!

Nov 6, 2015 at 4:17 AM Post #6,465 of 18,020

Users who are viewing this thread

Back