FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Sep 30, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #5,131 of 18,020
Hmm. Good idea. I wonder if tubes can be made super small to fit into a module that wouldn't be rediculously big to fit into the X7. I can somehow imagine a module extra wide to fit into the X7. Of course it would stick out quite a lot from that iem! Brilliant idea though.

There have been portable tube amps. Some used the tube that was used for hearing aids. The problem is that they are not efficient with power, it is hard to source the tubes, they can be noisy and though I love tubes, I don't think they are the best option in this case. 

Sep 30, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #5,133 of 18,020

Does that mean that we are getting to within days for the tour?

In case you missed this Barra: 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/782490/fiio-x7-preview-world-tour-yes-its-here-apply-now

Wow, I did miss this, thanks for the heads up Cagin!

Oct 1, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #5,134 of 18,020

There have been portable tube amps. Some used the tube that was used for hearing aids. The problem is that they are not efficient with power, it is hard to source the tubes, they can be noisy and though I love tubes, I don't think they are the best option in this case. 

good for remember 
L3000.gif
 there are always something outdate but worth to remember 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 1, 2015 at 5:55 AM Post #5,135 of 18,020
thinking of buing x5 but now that i heard theres an x7 i want to plan on future proofing my first dap,
how much "difference" is x5 vs x7?

like whats better in x7?
i really want to wait out for x7,

any chance where date i can try to obtain one?

Oct 1, 2015 at 6:57 AM Post #5,136 of 18,020
You don't have to wait long. Be a little patient and there will be lots of reviews and comparisons.

Oct 1, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #5,138 of 18,020
thinking of buing x5 but now that i heard theres an x7 i want to plan on future proofing my first dap,

like whats better in x7?

The X7 will definitely be superior in every way.

Aside from certainly sounding even better (although the differences will probably be subtle), it will have way more features, such as wi-fi connectivity and the ability to run apps since it will use Android as its OS.  And since it will use Android, we can be positive the user-interface will be improved over the X5.  And it will have a touchscreen.  It will also have the option of interchangable amp-modules.

Oct 1, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #5,139 of 18,020

like whats better in x7?

I expect the X7 to be significantly better than the X5. For one, usability will be a major improvement ( or at least should be) with android and a touchscreen. Flexibility, with different amp-modules to drive IEM's as well as the big boys. And of course, I think it's fair to expect better sound quality with a different DAC-chip and improved amplification stage. Them most discussed downside is storage, which is a step back. Also, WIFI. 

It will cost a lot more than an X5 though, so you need to check if you're wallet's fine with an X7 :wink:

Oct 1, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #5,140 of 18,020
Will expect a version of X7 with more internal memory?

I need at least 256 GB. (512 GB. best) or two microSD cards. I will not buy X7 until has more storage capacity or more storage options. For example, if it is posible to connect 1 TB. device via USB OTG i will buy it.

Oct 1, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #5,141 of 18,020

I need at least 256 GB. (512 GB. best) or two microSD cards. I will not buy X7 until has more storage capacity or more storage options. For example, if it is posible to connect 1 TB. device via USB OTG i will buy it.

It has been discussed a couple of pages earlier in this thread...

Oct 1, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #5,142 of 18,020

Buy a DLNA compatible WiFi drive and your storage will not be an issue.

Oct 2, 2015 at 3:57 AM Post #5,143 of 18,020
Buy a DLNA compatible WiFi drive and your storage will not be an issue.

Can reproduce a DSD file with the same quality if is in the microSD card by DLNA?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back