FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Aug 10, 2015 at 2:56 AM Post #4,516 of 18,019

we will try our best so our customers can order and get the X7 before X'mas. 

Hope I don't come across as being exacting here, but I'm just wondering when general sales will be available to the public? Are we looking at a Q1 2016 rollout?

Edit: Never mind. I missed the "get" part, sorry. So we're able to buy the X7s by the end of the year? Nice.

Aug 10, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #4,517 of 18,019
IEM module, high powered module ~500mA, and a Balanced RSA module is all they've said....... Buried somewhere in the depths of this thread.

Ships with the IEM module.

Oh yeah this is gonna be be nice. With these modules and pricing coming in below those other over-priced DAPs (IMO) I'd treat myself to one of these for Christmas.
biggrin.gif

Aug 10, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #4,518 of 18,019
Q1 "I don't like the raised edge of the screen - why isn't it flush with the chassis? "
Q2 "I agree. I don't like the raised screen. There must be a good reason why it was designed that way."
A1 "make it " looks " more slim"

Or is it because its easier to design and cheaper to manufacture?

Aug 10, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #4,519 of 18,019
Fiio already said the screen is raised alone rather than the whole dap being raised to meet the screen increasing the thickness. Basically they can't make the screen area thinner, there is presumably to much stuff going on behind it. Would be nice if they could though, would look a lot better.

Aug 10, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #4,520 of 18,019
  Fiio already said the screen is raised alone rather than the whole dap being raised to meet the screen increasing the thickness. Basically they can't make the screen area thinner, there is presumably to much stuff going on behind it. Would be nice if they could though, would look a lot better.

X7ii ^^

Aug 10, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #4,522 of 18,019
  Q1 "I don't like the raised edge of the screen - why isn't it flush with the chassis? "
Q2 "I agree. I don't like the raised screen. There must be a good reason why it was designed that way."
A1 "make it " looks " more slim"

Or is it because its easier to design and cheaper to manufacture?

I think we're just nitpicking. Most of us use a case, anyway.
It doesn't look bad either, IMO. Reminds me of the Moto droids.

Aug 10, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #4,523 of 18,019
  I think we're just nitpicking. Most of us use a case, anyway.
It doesn't look bad either, IMO. Reminds me of the Moto droids.

It isn't nitpicking at $700. The excuse of "making it slimmer" is pretty weak imo. Cutting corners is more accurate.

Aug 10, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #4,524 of 18,019

It isn't nitpicking at $700. The excuse of "making it slimmer" is pretty weak imo. Cutting corners is more accurate.

I think, it's a bargain at $700 (and looker too). How did you arrive at the 'cutting corners' theory? 

Aug 10, 2015 at 9:31 PM Post #4,525 of 18,019

To some of us it is nitpicking regardless of the price. I think it looks ok. My concern will be more with performance, that is how it sounds and the UI.
If the reason for the raised screen is to  "cut corners" so that they can make performance goals at a price point, that is quit OK with me.

There is always the option not to buy the machine if the esthetics in any individual's view are not overshadowed by the performance.
I am pretty sure that at this point, what you see is very close to what you will get should you chose to purchase the X7.

Aug 10, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #4,526 of 18,019
To some of us it is nitpicking regardless of the price. I think it looks ok. My concern will be more with performance, that is how it sounds and the UI.
If the reason for the raised screen is to  "cut corners" so that they can make performance goals at a price point, that is quit OK with me.

There is always the option not to buy the machine if the esthetics in any individual's view are not overshadowed by the performance.
I am pretty sure that at this point, what you see is very close to what you will get should you chose to purchase the X7.

The x7 has me tempted. If it sounds as good as it looks, I might be getting one later this year.

Aug 10, 2015 at 9:53 PM Post #4,527 of 18,019

Great point. I also believe they will make a case so that the case will be flush with the glass which would be great compared to being recessed and trying to click on the a screen in the corner.

Aug 10, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #4,529 of 18,019
I enjoy the transparency of FiiO and their honest answers to questions.  I remember being disappointed that the X7 features only one memory slot versus the bodacious twin slots the X5 provides, but their justification was this allowed them to pack more bells, whistles and innovations beneath the hood so I’ll accept that.  A raised screen doesn’t bother me if they’re raising the bar as far as components.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back