FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Apr 3, 2015 at 6:12 AM Post #3,241 of 18,020
Imo you don't need a vibration feedback if you have capacitive touchscreens as every single touch-point of the screen has got the same sensivity. Back in the days when many devices had a resistive screen it could have been useful in the corners and the edges of the screen were less sensitive than the center and tapping the screen didn't always lead to an input.

Removing it from the PCB would only make sense if the price was also lowered which would be ridiculous as it would only be a few cents. You could leave it as it may be useful for battery or e-mail notifications, you could also make it vibrate when turning on/off and giving us the ability to select whether it should vibrate when skipping a song by pressing the hardware keys.

+1

Apr 3, 2015 at 6:23 AM Post #3,244 of 18,020
I want to buy it unfinished!
tongue.gif

It's essentially finished, their fine tuning the software. He can show us the unit though.

Apr 3, 2015 at 6:45 AM Post #3,245 of 18,020
I'm sure the hardware quality will be great, software should be good too (and if it's not, it doesn't matter - with Android we can basically install whatever we want).
What I'm concerned about is sound... X5 was technically great - resolution, clarity, power, ... but there was no magic, no pleasure.
When I was listening to HM901 it was amazing - you could literally forget about anything and just simply take the pleasure that music provides. This amazing analog sound without sacrificing on details. Truth be told I never want to get back to X5 (X5/E12A) after trying Hifiman (even though I find them comparable when it comes to sound quality itself).
My only hope is FiiO can finaly deliver that magic - I'm sure hardware will be "technically" outstanding (from the price point in comparison with competition).

James - please stop bragging about the numbers and specification and capabilities:) - THD, SNR, DSD, ...
FiiO should be synonim for emotion deliverance:) not just "properly" implemented.

Apr 3, 2015 at 6:50 AM Post #3,246 of 18,020

i totally understand, no problem then!

i really wish that x7 is going to be as great as it is looking right now, and the most important aspect, to sound good!

also, i know that you are having X5II in plans, i was wondering if you would make it have a sabre DAC and sound at least close to x7?..

Not Sabre DAC in X5 II

Dual PCM1792?

Apr 3, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #3,249 of 18,020
yeah i would say 64gb minimum internal memory for flagship player and 128gb version as well to be realistic.....vibration function is ok...... at least you can turn it off if you dont use it....... unless there is something else you can squeeze in its place???...   Think this player is gonna be a big seller tbh..
L3000.gif
                   http://www.androidcentral.com/sandisks-new-200gb-microsd-card-brings-massive-storage-tiny-size   kinda pricey but will be available very soon..  

Apr 3, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #3,250 of 18,020
i wish that x5II to sound amazing. i do not really care what type of DAC it uses as long as it sounds amazing. i would like a little more treble than the actual x5, if possible, but i will se what it comes to and how it will sound..

i use vibration on phone to tell me when somebody calls, but for a DAP i think that it is not that important, i see no reason for it, and it might be bad for life of the DAP... 

i preffer my electronics not under mechanical stress most of time.

Apr 3, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #3,251 of 18,020
Vibration is a great feature to have it is used on most modern smartphones to provide haptic feedback and works great for this. It could also allow the DAP to signal notification through this (emails, low battery, etc.). Smartphones and phones in general have implemented vibration for years pretty much without fail and have shown that it is not an issue. Unless there is some big cost savings (I doubt there would really be any) or it allows some extra feature or superior design if removed it I think it should be left in.

Apr 3, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #3,252 of 18,020
i preffer my electronics not under mechanical stress most of time.

This. If the hepatic feedback can be turned off this is a non issue, but it would be nice to use the space and cost for a vibration device to be put towards something that either affects sound or increases the amount of data the device can hold. Vibration for battery warnings? Uh, maybe you could just pay attention to the battery meter every hour or 2 on the screen....

Apr 3, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #3,255 of 18,020
Hi!

I have the AK100, AK100 Mk2, and the X5.

Did a blind test, volume matched:

Don't we expect to much? The business lives from unsatisfied customers, who mostly think the grass is greener at the other side, but a 1000 Euro Dap is not necessarily better than 400 Euro one because the difference in price can be made by other reasons than strictly sound.

Between the X5 and the AK100 and AK100 Mk2 there was such little difference that I could not tell them apart reliably in my blind test.

I tested them before and heard what I thought are huge differences, but then ones auditory memory is a bitch. In the live test, same 24/96 FLAC playing at the same volume on all players, the differences were so tiny, I was shocked. 

:eek:  

Cheers,
K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back