FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Apr 2, 2017 at 6:03 AM Post #17,161 of 18,020
Apr 2, 2017 at 3:21 PM Post #17,163 of 18,020
If you're using the X7 as transport only, you'll go coax out on the X7 to coax in on the NFB11

Apr 3, 2017 at 7:28 PM Post #17,165 of 18,020
I no longer think that I am crazy.

Ever since i got the X7, it felt to me that sometimes it was less bass light, or, more warm sounding, than other times.
I first thought it had to do with my mood.
By now I've discarded that.

Then I thought that maybe it had to do with difference in day and night, as in the morning you have not yet been exposed to much noise, and by night time you have (which changes the way you listen to things)

Up until just now i saw this as a possibility.

But just now I rebooted the X7. and now it's clearly more bassy than it was before i rebooted.

same volume.

same tracks.

same earphones. (FI-BA-SS. despit the 'ba-ss', they're basslight.)

I wish i had some scientific data to prove it all.

Apr 3, 2017 at 7:55 PM Post #17,166 of 18,020
  I no longer think that I am crazy.

Ever since i got the X7, it felt to me that sometimes it was less bass light, or, more warm sounding, than other times.
I first thought it had to do with my mood.
By now I've discarded that.

Then I thought that maybe it had to do with difference in day and night, as in the morning you have not yet been exposed to much noise, and by night time you have (which changes the way you listen to things)

Up until just now i saw this as a possibility.

But just now I rebooted the X7. and now it's clearly more bassy than it was before i rebooted.

same volume.

same tracks.

same earphones. (FI-BA-SS. despit the 'ba-ss', they're basslight.)

I wish i had some scientific data to prove it all.

That's pretty interesting! 

If we can track when this happens, it might help us understand why it happens ! 

Apr 4, 2017 at 2:50 AM Post #17,167 of 18,020

That's pretty interesting! 

If we can track when this happens, it might help us understand why it happens ! 

let me start by first posting this graph, to clear myself from any responsibility of looking like a complete idiot:

i'm probably at the top. FYI.

I've removed the wifi/bluetooth module from my unit, i wonder if that's somehow the cause.

Apr 4, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #17,169 of 18,020
So I wonder could someone give me a little advice please.

I have a Fiio X7 with an AM1 attached and recently purchased the DK1 charging dock. I am trying to hook my X7 up to my HDVD800 to act as a source, with the DK1 acting as a charger and so the X7 is not just dumpped on top of my amp.

Usually I use the little lineout to coax adaptor that comes with the X7 to plug a coax right in to the back of the amp.

So I thought it would just be the case of plugging that same little adaptor in to the back of the DK1 with tge coax in to the amp and we would be sorted.

However, there is no sound at all, the X7 seems to change to usb dac mode, so I switch that off. I have also tried changing the multifunctional output setting from SPDIF to Lo and back but nothing.

Couple of notes: I have the DK1 attacked to a power socket via a usb cable and the firmware has been updated to 2.0.

If anyone can help with were I am going wrong it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Oh yeah is the 50% amp module offer still about? And if so is it still 1 per X7 that was bought with an AM1?

Thanks in advance.

Apr 4, 2017 at 11:59 PM Post #17,171 of 18,020
So I wonder could someone give me a little advice please.

I have a Fiio X7 with an AM1 attached and recently purchased the DK1 charging dock. I am trying to hook my X7 up to my HDVD800 to act as a source, with the DK1 acting as a charger and so the X7 is not just dumpped on top of my amp.

Usually I use the little lineout to coax adaptor that comes with the X7 to plug a coax right in to the back of the amp.

So I thought it would just be the case of plugging that same little adaptor in to the back of the DK1 with tge coax in to the amp and we would be sorted.

However, there is no sound at all, the X7 seems to change to usb dac mode, so I switch that off. I have also tried changing the multifunctional output setting from SPDIF to Lo and back but nothing.

Couple of notes: I have the DK1 attacked to a power socket via a usb cable and the firmware has been updated to 2.0.

If anyone can help with were I am going wrong it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Oh yeah is the 50% amp module offer still about? And if so is it still 1 per X7 that was bought with an AM1?

Thanks in advance.

Dear jynxed,

What's the input port of your AMP? It seems that you are using the lineout port of the DK1 to collect the coaxial port of your AMP? It may not be available.
The 50% modules offer is still about, you may read: http://www.head-fi.org/t/809982/get-50-off-of-fiio-x7-modules

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 5, 2017 at 3:33 AM Post #17,172 of 18,020
  Anyone know if the ViperEffect's Gain feature is the only ReplayGain we are going to get?

Can anyone explain or give instructions on the various Viper effects - i contacted the Viper company but have had no response yet (some weeks ago).

For example the Gain effect has several settings which is strange as i thought replay gain is either on or off?

thanks

d

Apr 5, 2017 at 4:03 AM Post #17,173 of 18,020
  has anyone listened to the Fiio x7 with headphones of ue900?

Yes, those were my previous headphones, but I only listened them with AM1 amp module.
I think AM2 will match UE900 better, warmer and more control on mids/highs that were a bit "harsh" with AM1.

At the price you can get them now, an excellent value for the money.
My 2 cents

Apr 5, 2017 at 5:29 AM Post #17,174 of 18,020
Dear jynxed,

What's the input port of your AMP? It seems that you are using the lineout port of the DK1 to collect the coaxial port of your AMP? It may not be available.
The 50% modules offer is still about, you may read: http://www.head-fi.org/t/809982/get-50-off-of-fiio-x7-modules

Best regards

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. The input on the hdvd800 I am trying to use is coax. I am plugging the other end in to the lineout to coax adapter that came with the x7, then attaching this to the lineout of the DK1.

Before I bought the dk1 I would put 1 end of the coax in to the amp the other in to the fiio supplied lineout/coax adaptor and that in to the top lineout of the x7. It worked fine.

Apr 5, 2017 at 7:43 AM Post #17,175 of 18,020
  has anyone listened to the Fiio x7 with headphones of ue900?

i have. i don't like the sound of the ue900, but for what they are they sound well with the X7 (and am2 module)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back