FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Mar 9, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #16,891 of 18,020
I'm a happy owner of both the x7 and the x5iii and yes Fiio listen to their uses on the threads and by personnal message unlike some other DAP makers.

I agree, FiiO devs may screw up at times, but I'd be damned if I said they didn't listen to feedback. Those guys work like a well oiled machine.
Still wish they would give an option to unlock the bootloader though, in a similar fashion to how HTC does it. Heh. Custom Roms and all...
biggrin.gif

Mar 9, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #16,892 of 18,020
I agree.......following your instructions was
confused.gif
eek.gif
but the result is
bigsmile_face.gif

I agree, FiiO devs may screw up at times, but I'd be damned if I said they didn't listen to feedback. Those guys work like a well oiled machine.
Still wish they would give an option to unlock the bootloader though, in a similar fashion to how HTC does it. Heh. Custom Roms and all...
biggrin.gif

Mar 9, 2017 at 9:05 PM Post #16,895 of 18,020
  With the Oppo PM-3 headphones I would like to use the balanced output with the X7 and AM3 amp module. Does anyone know what cables and adapter do I need for this.

Thanks

Ken

You'll need to use the balanced out port on the bottom right. As for cables, watch out. The audio hobby has attracted a lot of crooks who try to sell cables for hundreds of Dollars that do NOTHING more than ones you could make yourself fot less than 10 and a pile of parts from Monoprice. Beware.

Mar 10, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #16,898 of 18,020
  BALANCED 2.5mm TRRS for OPPO PM3 Headphone Cable Silver Plated & Copper +OPTIONS
I checked with a seller at Ebay and he says the above item should work with Oppo PM-3 and Fiio X7 and AM3. Does anyone know it does. it's item number 172554604752 on Ebay.

Thanks

Yes it does, if this information is correct:

"... 2.5mm TRRS termination for use with any device with a 2.5mm balanced output such as the Astell&Kern, Onkyo, and Pioneer players"

FiiO X7 AM3 TRRS is the same as A&K

Regards

Mar 10, 2017 at 6:55 PM Post #16,900 of 18,020
Dear ddtdave,

In what condition will the freezing happens as you mentioned? You were playing the music or running some other APP at the same time?
Can your RM1 collect your phones successfully? What will appear in the X7 when you try to search the RM1?

Best regards

Hi Fiio,
The freezing ocurrs when the screen goes to sleep...No further tracks will play so I currently have screen always on to counter it.
RM1 can find other things to connect but hasn't worked with X7 since upgrading from FW 2

Mar 11, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #16,904 of 18,020
Just a quick newbie question, is it OK and safe to use the fast chargers of Samsung? The ones that come with the S7 Edge?

Sent from Nokia 3210

it's fine. I use apple 12 watt chargers myself (2400mAh, 5.2V)

One more thing, do you guys top up battery without letting it drain way passed 20%?

Thanks.

Sent from Nokia 3210

It shouldn't really matter much. I charge it whenever. usually leave it on charge unless i'm going somewhere.

Mar 11, 2017 at 6:25 AM Post #16,905 of 18,020
Dear Fiio,

The X7 after numerous new versions of the firmware still has the following issues (for me)

1. if line out or digital out are used then the screen has to be continuously on otherwise the tracks stop after the end of each one and the on/off button has toi be pressed in order to continue - this has beeen commented before in this thread and is irritating as the screen uses (much) bettery.

2. no replygain or even a mention of when it might arrive

Otherwise i think this is an excellent player and is very flexible as it can be used as a stand-alone player, with an external amp and as a transport and the sq is pretty perfect for me.

d

Users who are viewing this thread

Back