FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Dec 30, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #16,022 of 18,020
  It is more something that I don't hear than the contrary. Something that triggers emotion. I can't  put a name on it.
I  remember getting that with my old Marantz SA-11S1 which is broken since quite some time. Perhaps I should fund the expensive repair?
Or is it my upgraditis trying to justify buying a new R2R DAC
happy_face1.gif

Maybe I'll do both
cool.gif

Thanks! :)
Ok, I thought that saying "unnatural" you meant "digital sounding"
I had the iBasso DX90, with the (double) mobile version of the Sabre DAC, and found it "digital" sounding.
I would not like to find this digital signature even in x7...

Dec 30, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #16,023 of 18,020
So @JamesFiiO  I see your spending your time on the new X5iii thread.  How about answering a question for me.  I see there's a new beta firmware released on your chinese site.  It doesn't mentioned anything about fixing the scanning issue of large libraries.  The only workaround is removing embedded cover art.

Do you guys plan on addressing this?  If so, when?  If not please let us know so we can move on to something else.  It's getting old waiting week after week for a fix and nothing comes.  

Dec 30, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #16,024 of 18,020
Dec 30, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #16,026 of 18,020
  So @JamesFiiO  I see your spending your time on the new X5iii thread.  How about answering a question for me.  I see there's a new beta firmware released on your chinese site.  It doesn't mentioned anything about fixing the scanning issue of large libraries.  The only workaround is removing embedded cover art.

Do you guys plan on addressing this?  If so, when?  If not please let us know so we can move on to something else.  It's getting old waiting week after week for a fix and nothing comes.  

I think it is time to move on. I plan on using the x7 until the battery dies as I cannot afford to buy anything new now. I won't be considering another Fiio product over $200 though.

Dec 30, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #16,027 of 18,020

You should know that X5III is using pretty much exactly the same firmware as X7 - whenever a bug is fixed on X5III, it is fixed on X7, vice versa.

Dec 30, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #16,030 of 18,020
  What's your point?

In case someone thought that FiiO has abandoned X7's firmware development already because they have the new X5III now?

Dec 30, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #16,032 of 18,020
For those of you interested in Gapless playback it's been added in the latest beta.  Plus viper you only need the internet to purchase new plugins.

Link?

Thanks

Dec 30, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #16,034 of 18,020
  That wasn't my point.  I just tagged him because I saw that he was on the X5iii thread.

I understand, but you never know someone else might has other idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back