Fiio X5 Stacking Kit (HS6) Assembled Case Option?
Jul 4, 2014 at 2:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

jvos213

New Head-Fier
After purchasing it along with the E12 a month ago, I love the X5 more and more as days go by.

Having had the option to buy it along with all the accessories (stacking kit, HS7 case etc) while in Thailand, my only concern in terms of protection is the fact that there is no option to 'house' the X5 when it is actually stacked with something like the E12 which leaves it completely unprotected when in use. The HS7 is way too small and only allows storage of the unassembled parts which is not ideal as taking the stack apart every time you want to use it is unpractical.

Are there any plans for a bigger case option for this kind of setup or alternatively has someone found a suitable temporary solution in terms of camera cases etc?

Its also worth pointing out that the X5 when combined with the 'leather' case (HS9) will not fit inside the HS7, for me a bit of a disappointment as I tend to remove the X5 from the HS7 when I use it which leaves it unprotected to potential mishaps.

Still the best portable player I've ever had the privilege to own :)

Kind regards
Jacques

Jul 8, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #2 of 12
You bring up an accessory that I would purchase. I'd love to take my X5 with me on outdoor excursions, but so far I haven't seen any accessories that are more resilient.

Note to self: re·sil·ient :)

Jul 9, 2014 at 1:47 AM Post #3 of 12
  You bring up an accessory that I would purchase. I'd love to take my X5 with me on outdoor excursions, but so far I haven't seen any accessories that are more resiliant.

Hopefully we will be seeing some upgrades to the current line of accessories in the very near future. For now I'm using a generic camera pouch to fulfill the same function you are after (for the X5 and E12) but it would be nicer having it be something from Fiio...

Jul 28, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #5 of 12
Hi Jacques
I have X5 and E12 and a stacking kit. I have been looking for a suitable case/pouch. I have found a couple of options.

1. Crumpler Light Delight 100

http://www.crumpler.eu/index.cfm?seite=photo&Light-Delight-Pouch&productID=9171&sprache=EN

This is a neat little padded bag which just fits the X5 and E12 velcro-ed together. You can't use it with the stacking kit, it's too tight. Also the interconnect cable has to be removed. I bought this http://www.crumpler.eu/index.cfm?seite=keys-coins&Prime-Mover---Key-Pouch&productID=8417&sprache=EN to store the interconnect cable.

2. Waterfield PS Vita CitySlicker

http://www.sfbags.com/collections/sony-ps-vita-cases/products/sony-ps-vita-cityslicker-case

This case can be used with the stacking kit, it's also large enough to leave the interconnect cable attached. There is also a separate pocket on the back that will store a pair of ear buds.

I do have some pics with my combo in-situ in the 2 bags but I can't post them, I think cos I am new to the forum.

Paul

Aug 12, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #8 of 12
First of all, cut the nets out of the HS7.

Second, use right angle interconnect such as Fiio L8.

Third, use right angle adapter for headphone out on Fiio E12. Very convenient for use with headphones that have straight plugs.

I got a pair for 1$ on ebay and removed part of the rubber coating so it wont interfere with the E12 volume knob.

This is how it looks:

Zipped almost completely during use.

Aug 17, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #10 of 12
I would definitely purchase a leather case which is exactly like the HS9 but was designed to fit the X5/E12 stacked.

The X5 looks so slick in that HS9 that I'm not using the stacking kit (except the cable).  And it keeps it safe from scuffs and scratches when in use.  (I use a generic padded pouch to carry amp and DAP).

Oct 5, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #11 of 12
I have been using the HS6 for several months now with my X5 and E12 and I am wondering if someone had any suggestions on what to replace the rubber standoffs with.  Mine started shifting and now quickly move from between the two units.

Oct 11, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #12 of 12
I too would like to see a stacking kit that can be used with the X5 in its silicon case. I really like the stacking combo of the X5 with the E12...it looks super neat, but as others have said, the rubber stick-on feet dont last long as the rubber bands tend to push against them (i use feet on the bottom of the E12 and on top of the E12 to avoid damage to the X5), but more importantly it doesn't allow you to protect the X5 with the silicon case. 

And while we're at it, how about a silicon case for the E12...PRETTY, PRETTY PLEASE FIIO!! :-D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back