FiiO X5 preview world tour--tour members, claim your souvenir for the X5 tour! p.123
Jan 26, 2014 at 5:43 AM Post #646 of 1,895
Never mind, I found it.
Based on this, the X5 will have 43 tour-unit reviews by the end of this tour. That's more Head-Fi reviews than the HD800, which has been out for 3+ years, and is pretty much guaranteed to be on the side-bar of recent reviews for the next few months in addition to being the #1 unit in the Portable Source Components review section of Head-Fi (highest rated thing is the iPod Classic at 18 reviews).

Interesting thought. XD

Highest number of reviews does not guarantee highest rating XD

When organising this tour I wanted to make a good showing in terms of number of applicants, and boy was I successful :D Then I didn't want many people to be left out. The implications are only beginning to dawn on me :p

My review is up.  I checked it with Joe first before submitting.

For fact-checking, fact-checking :p

I just corrected a typo and noted that you could hold down the back button to go straight back to the main menu :)

And here's a gentle reminder for previewers: please put my suggested corrections in parentheses next to the original text instead of directly replacing it. Well I guess trivial typos can be excepted from this rule.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 26, 2014 at 6:09 AM Post #647 of 1,895
  That's a terrific review Brooko,,, Thanks a lot

I guess though for me this may not be the step up over the Studio V i am seeking. I mean only in terms of sound.
Still open to being convinced otherwise though...

It will really depend on what gear you are using with it Sauntere... Are you still using the IE80s? The Studio would jive better with it being a brighter and thinner signature to counteract the IE80s bassy and laid back signature...

Jan 26, 2014 at 7:22 AM Post #648 of 1,895
My review will be short and sweet, but I may refer to myself in the 3rd person. Seriously, though - with so many reviews on their way, it may be a bit of overkill to do one that is so in-depth like Brooko's. All I can say is that mine will be "different", but not inappropriate.

Early returns are strong and I'm really pumped to hear it for myself. I use my J3 almost exclusively, so I'm very curious as to whether I will be blown away or something less dramatic. My music is almost entirely well-produced stuff, with a ton of MFSL titles and such, so I'm wondering how apparent the superiority (I'm assuming this will be the case) of the X5 will be.

Jan 26, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #650 of 1,895
What an epic review Brooko. How you make use of the editing tools almost makes the review look like a magazine.

You wanna calm down there boy, you''re going to make some of us look bad......  
tongue.gif

Jan 26, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #651 of 1,895
Brooko went to jail later that day after writing that review... BECAUSE HE KILLED IT!

But seriously, you did an amazing job, Paul!

(You too, Lee! I read yours too, but have yet to read a few others yet - I'll slowly get around to them when I have more free time!)

In depth, and nicely written to keep the reader far from boredom of repetition. I was meant to read this early today, but found myself to be rather busy.

Kudos to you, my friend. *tips hat*

I look forward to owning this DAP one day (once I have enough dosh) from all the cool things that I've read through these few reviews that have been released. Good job, lads.

Jan 26, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #653 of 1,895

It will really depend on what gear you are using with it Sauntere... Are you still using the IE80s? The Studio would jive better with it being a brighter and thinner signature to counteract the IE80s bassy and laid back signature...

I still have those but hardly ever listen with them. These days it's Fitear F111, for a while Senni 800s which i don't have any more..  

Jan 26, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #655 of 1,895
Excellent review! Thank you for that!

One question: when you browse by folder, you have to select the card, right? Or does it put everything in one single structure?

Yes, select the card first. Hmm, interesting idea to combine the two cards...

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 26, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #660 of 1,895
A file browser is like a window. If there are two cards, you should see two cards. If there are 100 folders, you should see 100 folders.

The beauty of a file browser is that it doesn't have the inevitable bugs of a database because it just shows what is there. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back