FiiO X5 firmware 2.50 download and discussion
Apr 12, 2015 at 7:37 AM Post #76 of 313
Well, search through file system is faster in exFAT but for player this advantage is optional. Yet, there is another aspect - Windows and many third party formatting tools refuse to format big cards with FAT32. So player itself was the only option to format my 128GB card. No big deal but I don`t like to be dictated. Also player`s implementation of USB is very slow and I prefer work with cards in good USB adapter. And so before copying the files to a new card I have to insert it to player to format then insert to adapter to copy and then back to player - instead of copying in adapter (as card is factory formatted to exFAT) and inserting to player.

Almost every piece of gear I've purchased (never had a smart phone that uses external cards though) has recommended to format the card it uses with the device, including camera gear and the like. This is nothing out of the ordinary and certainly not a bug. I'd call it a feature as it has alleviated many format issues in the past. The majority of playback issues I've read since they've first released the X3 a couple years ago were form card format issues before they offered the built in format tool. There are many ways to format a card that make it unstable for the player. Count your blessings it's available.

I understand it's not optimal to remove the card but once it's loaded with the majority of music the first time it really doesn't take that long to add an album or two once in a while. I get it, it's inconvenient, but no where near a bug.

Apr 12, 2015 at 8:35 AM Post #77 of 313
hi X5 users,

im considering the X5 myself but concerned by the scroll wheel issues i've read about.
was wondering if still in FW2.5/2.4 any of u experience any of those issues.

Apr 12, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #81 of 313
Some people do not like the fact that scroll wheel overshots, or that it is not tight by definition. 

I fiind it pretty nice!

And latest fw revision, v2.50 seems to improve the snappiness.

Apr 13, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #83 of 313
Upgrading to 2.5 resulted in 2 changes for me.
First, scrolling forward used to leave the song playing during the time scrolling...now the music is muted until the scroll is complete.
Secondly, I lost all my favourites. Now going to favourites gives me a message: No music found. In all fairness this might be due to my replacing the sd cards in reverse order after the upgrade??
Any comments or solution to the lost favs would be appreciated.

Apr 13, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #85 of 313
Upgrading to 2.5 resulted in 2 changes for me.
First, scrolling forward used to leave the song playing during the time scrolling...now the music is muted until the scroll is complete.
Secondly, I lost all my favourites. Now going to favourites gives me a message: No music found. In all fairness this might be due to my replacing the sd cards in reverse order after the upgrade??
Any comments or solution to the lost favs would be appreciated.

Scanning forward would mute the music in FW 2.4 as well.

Every time FW is updated to a new version the favorites list is cleared. You might be better off using playlists as outlined on the first page of this thread.

Apr 13, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #86 of 313
Scanning forward would mute the music in FW 2.4 as well.

Every time FW is updated to a new version the favorites list is cleared. You might be better off using playlists as outlined on the first page of this thread.

Thanks for the response. Playlists sound like the best solution, although not as easy to set up as the favorites was. I'll have to do some reading on the subject (too busy listening to the super sound quality to keep up with all the new features)
Does anyone know how the x5 keeps track of favorites??  I was just wondering if there might be some way of "dumping" favorites into a playlist?

Apr 13, 2015 at 9:16 PM Post #87 of 313
Thanks for the response. Playlists sound like the best solution, although not as easy to set up as the favorites was. I'll have to do some reading on the subject (too busy listening to the super sound quality to keep up with all the new features)
Does anyone know how the x5 keeps track of favorites??  I was just wondering if there might be some way of "dumping" favorites into a playlist?

Unfortunately the favorites is locked to a database in the unit that is not externally accessible. Not the best implementation if expecting playlist like functionality. It's more of a remnant feature from before they enabled playlists, so it's pretty much not preferable anymore.

For creating playlists it's very simple, even from iTunes. Literally export your playlist and follow the simple instructions on the first page of this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back