FiiO X5 firmware 2.20 download and discussion
Aug 14, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #31 of 266

Where did I say to apply the ReplayGain after copying to the X5?
I agree that would be a dumb idea... I use a Ramdisk - all changes are made prior to transfer.

OK, not after, but even before is still another process to go through - and another copy on another HD.  It is an option, but just having the X5 read RG info would solve all that faffing.

[Goes to Google "Ramdisk"...]

Aug 14, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #32 of 266

Now that we have playlist capability a proper implementation of ReplayGain on the player with choice of Album or track gain is top of my wishlist.

OK, not after, but even before is still another process to go through - and another copy on another HD.  It is an option, but just having the X5 read RG info would solve all that faffing.

[Goes to Google "Ramdisk"...]

We agree on that point...

Aug 15, 2014 at 4:39 AM Post #35 of 266
  Just took a look at Foobar and it doesn't allow me to "Apply RG info to file content" when selecting FLACs, only MP3s.

Maybe I'm missing something - or just being dumb (and tired)...

Convert > Processing > Replaygain

Aug 15, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #38 of 266
Mac Users: In order to get some more testers using my Mac iTunes to FiiO sync software, Im going to be running a giveaway for two X5 cases, and well as free licenses. See: http://www.map-pin.com/dapper/dapper-x5-case-giveaway-for.html if you're interested in beta testing.

Aug 15, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #39 of 266

Who keeps the original on microSD card in their X5? The original and backups are tagged. Only the copy sent to my X5 has album ReplayGain applied...

I never said I keep my originals in the X5. But in case something happens where those files are all I've got left — a house fire, say — I want the files on there to be a match for the originals.

Aug 16, 2014 at 4:17 AM Post #40 of 266
Hello
I'have downloaded ver 2.20.
Though there is no updated manual, I've learnt how to create a paylist (using the "+" button.
I also know how to delete a playlist. 
Nevertheless I didn't find out how to delete one trrack from a given playlist.
Can anybody help ?
Thanks

Aug 16, 2014 at 8:10 AM Post #41 of 266
Hello
Though there is no updated manual, I've learnt how to create a paylist (using the "+" button.
Can anybody help ?
Thanks

Worst thing about the X5 is creating playlists is a pain in the butt.

Aug 16, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #42 of 266
  Hello
Can anybody help ?
Thanks

The simplest way to manage playlists is with a text editor on your PC - just delete the line relating to your track.
Worst thing about the X5 is creating playlists is a pain in the butt.

not too complicated - see here and the posts on the pages before it

Aug 16, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #45 of 266
*looks around a little*

Here's another supporter for ReplayGain support!

And rest assured, this is acknowledged by Fiio (https://app.devzing.com/FiiO/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=63)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back