I'have upgraded to ver 2.20.
Fine.
But how do I create playlists. ??
I don't see any new user guide.
Thanks

In the same way as adding a song to favorites 
wink.gif

Aug 13, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #17 of 266
Good update.  This fixed the out of order play problem I was seeing with WMA album folders when selecting from the Albums or Artists lists.  Also nice to see playlists make it into released firmware.  Now if we can just get some UI improvements, especially the album/folder and single track play and queueing to now playing list enhancements I requested in the suggested features thread, this will be a first rate portable music player.

Aug 13, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #21 of 266

Yes. That's the only other feature I really care about now (not discounting other people's desires, but for me ReplayGain is the highest and perhaps the only remaining priority)

Strangely you and I are the only ones who even mention it. Everyone else is focused on playlists, icons and folders. To me not having ReplayGain makes the X5 almost unusable. Sure the UI stinks but it is a music player not a video game. Fix the music playing part FIRST. Talk about a no-brainer.

ps. I like your avatar. "Donner, party of twelve...!"

Aug 14, 2014 at 2:10 AM Post #22 of 266

Strangely you and I are the only ones who even mention it. Everyone else is focused on playlists, icons and folders. To me not having ReplayGain makes the X5 almost unusable. Sure the UI stinks but it is a music player not a video game. Fix the music playing part FIRST. Talk about a no-brainer.

Without playlists, RplayGain is less important. When you are loading the next album you can be adjusting the volume.
That said, I do implement ReplayGain on my X3 and X5. I have it automated in Foobar, so that anything I transfer has Album gain applied. Startup volume is fixed to be perfect for my iems and I know what number is required for my other phones.

Now that we have playlist capability a proper implementation of ReplayGain on the player with choice of Album or track gain is top of my wishlist.

Aug 14, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #24 of 266

Yes. That's the only other feature I really care about now (not discounting other people's desires, but for me ReplayGain is the highest and perhaps the only remaining priority)

Highest priority for me, too.

Playlists and last.fm scrobbling would be nice, but ReplayGain is important.  I've not bothered moving on from FW 2.0 since without ReplayGain I won't be using playlists - too scared about damaging my hearing...

I don't understand the importance of sorting out the playlists before ReplayGain.

Aug 14, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #25 of 266

It's definitely a huge priority for me; probably the highest remaining.

Without playlists, RplayGain is less important. When you are loading the next album you can be adjusting the volume.
That said, I do implement ReplayGain on my X3 and X5. I have it automated in Foobar, so that anything I transfer has Album gain applied. Startup volume is fixed to be perfect for my iems and I know what number is required for my other phones.

Now that we have playlist capability a proper implementation of ReplayGain on the player with choice of Album or track gain is top of my wishlist.

Many of us choose not to apply permanent ReplayGain adjustment to our tracks, because it can never be undone. I for one always want to maintain the option of re-creating a perfect copy of the original CD. For that reason, I went the route of RG tagging on my whole collection.

Aug 14, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #27 of 266

It's definitely a huge priority for me; probably the highest remaining.

Many of us choose not to apply permanent ReplayGain adjustment to our tracks, because it can never be undone. I for one always want to maintain the option of re-creating a perfect copy of the original CD. For that reason, I went the route of RG tagging on my whole collection.

Who keeps the original on microSD card in their X5? The original and backups are tagged. Only the copy sent to my X5 has album ReplayGain applied...

Aug 14, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #28 of 266

Who keeps the original on microSD card in their X5? The original and backups are tagged. Only the copy sent to my X5 has album ReplayGain applied...

OK, you've got a point there.

But one of the things I like about the X5 (having moved away from iPod) is drag and drop.  And that's pretty slow as it is - so having to apply ReplayGain again to the files after copying to X5 would be a faff.

Aug 14, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #30 of 266

OK, you've got a point there.

But one of the things I like about the X5 (having moved away from iPod) is drag and drop.  And that's pretty slow as it is - so having to apply ReplayGain again to the files after copying to X5 would be a faff.

Where did I say to apply the ReplayGain after copying to the X5?
I agree that would be a dumb idea... I use a Ramdisk - all changes are made prior to transfer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back