Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Apr 9, 2015 at 2:59 AM Post #1,816 of 2,614
  This is just my opinion but! Subjectively, the sound in 2.5 became better than it was in 2.4, it has become more detailed, softer in the mid, and I liked the sound of cymbals, bass is also very good and I think now its definitely better 

Yes, that's right, by reducing the master volume pulled out the bass, but now I have to listen to 10-15 tick louder.

Apr 9, 2015 at 3:01 AM Post #1,817 of 2,614
Theme thread..theme insertion starting in 3....2....1

He was joking.

I like popular.
I'm an adult.
I just got my 1,000th Download of Hi-Fidelity.

I'm very happy. I am an adult. My Theme is popular. Nothing wrong with that.

BTW....congrats. First theme to do 6 icons for 7 selections. good job
beerchug.gif

Now Playing (Led Zep 1974 Richmond Coliseum)​
 ​
 ​
Video only 900 views....
mad.gif
 ​
 ​
 ​
No Album art​
Fast pik

FiiO 2.5 based modified fw>> https://app.box.com/s/txd8dycndp53l9mkh6z8p69cg8l5vkdm​
 ​
 ​

I once moaned about the lack of feedback by folks. I know it's just a few who take the time so let me turn it around on ya'll.

I thank you.

I thank you for trying my mod even if you don't keep it. The #'s are important for me and the thought that  some keep using my theme keeps me interested.

Today was my best day. This is why I mod. Cheers to you.

To all the guys who mod and inspire me to try harder I thank ya'll too!

Apr 9, 2015 at 4:10 AM Post #1,818 of 2,614
  1. x RELIC x

[COLOR=333333]I'm not a child, what would I need popular. I made this theme for myself and to share it with those who like it[/COLOR]

I never called you a child or meant anything as an insult. I'm the last guy on earth that wants to outwardly offend anyone unless you ruffle my feathers. I was simply pointing out that A LOT of people are going to like that background image, as do I.

Good job. It's a compliment. Now relax.

Apr 9, 2015 at 4:29 AM Post #1,819 of 2,614
Relic

You think I can remove the volume #'s without making them not appear elsewhere? I can try but wonder if you saw that while you were digging under the surface?

You're in luck! The topbar volume numbers have their own color assignment so just change the text in the config.ini file to 0x000000. This will make them black. The topbar volume is the last entry.

This will work well for you as you are using a black topbar.

Apr 9, 2015 at 4:40 AM Post #1,820 of 2,614
I never called you a child or meant anything as an insult. I'm the last guy on earth that wants to outwardly offend anyone unless you ruffle my feathers. I was simply pointing out that A LOT of people are going to like that background image, as do I.

Good job. It's a compliment. Now relax.

Sorry, I have difficulties with translation))

Apr 9, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #1,822 of 2,614
HBB, any chance of my Rory Hifidelity at 2.5?

I try other themes, I like other themes, but the Custom keeps pulling me back!

Apr 9, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #1,823 of 2,614
HBB, any chance of my Rory Hifidelity at 2.5?

I try other themes, I like other themes, but the Custom keeps pulling me back!

Try your box.net link. Should be updated. I got like 6 themes open lined up to get in the editor and if I ****ed up anything ..let me know right away..I think I got you covered. Just the start-up logo  and shutdown? You got her for no album art as i didn't see that you had that changed? This chick has been the new no album art for about a week.(I ported her from the Hi-Vinyl theme) If she bothers you and you want another image just PM it to me it give me a few days

Apr 9, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #1,824 of 2,614
Try your box.net link. Should be updated. I got like 6 themes open lined up to get in the editor and if I ****ed up anything ..let me know right away..I think I got you covered. Just the start-up logo  and shutdown? You got her for no album art as i didn't see that you had that changed? This chick has been the new no album art for about a week.(I ported her from the Hi-Vinyl theme) If she bothers you and you want another image just PM

Just tried, thanks for such time and effort. Works great. I have over 1200 albums but none without cover art. She certainly wouldn't bother me, in fact I better make an album without art so as to meet her :)

Apr 9, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #1,825 of 2,614
Vortex theme updated to 1.1 with update to FW2.5 and a few changes to font color.
I haven't had time to test it, but it should work fine.

EDIT: Nevermind, the text is illegible in some places. I suggest you don't try this one.

Download (Read note above)

Apr 9, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #1,827 of 2,614
Does Theos53 still hang around here?  I just dropped in to see if anyone updated Modern Sim., to V2.5?  I'd prefer to install that version when or if it becomes available.

He's still on headfi. In fact, he just reviewed the new X3. If you really, really want Modern Simplicity with 2.5, I can do that. It might be missing UI elements for newer features since Theo stopped updating it, but it'll be 90-95% functional. Just let me know, man.

Apr 9, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #1,828 of 2,614
  @Romani

Your Customized Hi-Fidelity Theme is available.
Let me know if there are any issues. I did not test but just switched the Start-up logo/No Album Art/Shutdown animation to the same as was on the 2.4 version

Thanks Sir. Downloaded it this morning. Functionally everything is working perfectly from what I have seen :) 

Some feedback if I may. The location of the indicator dots at the top of your main menu screens seem to have moved higher, a bit too close to the top edge. I also preferred the previous iteration where the play/pause dot remained in the same location but just turned green or amber. Now the Play dot is at the top edge in line with the battery indicator, Pause is an amber dot at the bottom of that top frame, if that makes sense. I also feel the volume indicator/value should change to a less brighter shade of white as it really seems to stick out. Don't know what the new firmware allows you to modify and whether you agree on what I've mentioned. Thanks again.

Apr 9, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #1,829 of 2,614
He's still on headfi. In fact, he just reviewed the new X3. If you really, really want Modern Simplicity with 2.5, I can do that. It might be missing UI elements for newer features since Theo stopped updating it, but it'll be 90-95% functional. Just let me know, man.

Thanks for the offer.  I found someone who will be doing if for me.
Thanks again.

Apr 9, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #1,830 of 2,614
Thanks Sir. Downloaded it this morning. Functionally everything is working perfectly from what I have seen :) 

Some feedback if I may. The location of the indicator dots at the top of your main menu screens seem to have moved higher, a bit too close to the top edge. I also preferred the previous iteration where the play/pause dot remained in the same location but just turned green or amber. Now the Play dot is at the top edge in line with the battery indicator, Pause is an amber dot at the bottom of that top frame, if that makes sense. I also feel the volume indicator/value should move to the very left and change to a less brighter shade of white as it really seems to stick out and feels like it is located in the middle of nowhere. Don't know what the new firmware allows you to modify and whether you agree on what I've mentioned. Thanks again.

Romani, you have a lot of great ideas and seem to have handle on what you like. May I suggest, as a form of compliment, that you try to open the FW and do the adjustments you like. I'm not saying this in a negative way. I think you would be good at doing themes, if only for tweaking and small adjustments for yourself. It's dirt simple to type in a coordinate for placement so I encourage you to give it a shot. That way you can share what you find and inspire others.

:beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back