Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Jan 21, 2015 at 1:51 AM Post #946 of 2,614
Wow, just wow
blink.gif

Just when I thought things were positive in this thread...

Just let it go.  Not worth it.  If he wants to turn this into his own little crusade - let him.

I've had plenty of thank-yous from others (including a couple of the modders) for repackaging their themes (along with appropriate accreditations) when they haven't had time to apply them to beta releases (or preferred to wait for point releases). Some people don't have the expertise or time to know how the mods work - so that's where we all help out. Nobody is out to steal credit from another's creation. This is supposed to be community - not ME, MINE, MY.

Also - some don't have the graphical skills or software to contribute original themes.

Maybe a good idea to poll the original theme creators, and see who is quite happy for us to build on their themes (open source), and who would like to close their themes like HBB.

Personally - I agree with you - I've always regarded our own little community here as better than this.

Jan 21, 2015 at 2:19 AM Post #948 of 2,614
Carel - I love the bitmap you used as the opening image.  Did you create that yourself?

Jan 21, 2015 at 2:29 AM Post #949 of 2,614
I think creativity and new original themes are always nice to have but don't see any issues with tweaking existing ones if they make the player better overall to use. Each to their own I guess but I don't understand the negativity personally.

Jan 21, 2015 at 2:42 AM Post #950 of 2,614
Wow, just wow
blink.gif

Just when I thought things were positive in this thread...

mein friend, don't place that to your heart. after reading the first line of that comment i stopped reading. it should not be up to you to explain to everybody that there are literally millions of people that appreciate these themes, but do not have the time to joi discusion, so there will always be some who will be happy about a repack and such.

just do like me, do not read a long post full of hate and such, just ignore that comment, it is better.

Jan 21, 2015 at 3:35 AM Post #953 of 2,614
Ok, first of all thanks to uzi2 for the minor tweaks. It'll only help improve the experience and I did say go for it so........... I do agree that it's only proper to ask though.

There is a lot of work in doing an animated theme like the Plasma and Tesla theme but I get a kick out of it and love the fact that others are enjoying them. To be honest those two themes ARE a lot of work because they aren't just icons, they are part 3d and part hand painted. That's why the startup and shut down animations are on the back burner, more frames=more work.

Hawaiibadboy, I get what you're saying but I don't really mind. It's all good.

In the meantime I've made a theme that I think I'll keep on my X5 permanently! I only hope the lawyers of a particular brand don't come calling :eek:

I call it the McFiiOtosh.

This is what I think of when I think of high end audio. I'm LOVING IT but, as always, there are just a couple more placements and icons left to tweak. By the way, that blue bar above the VU meter......... That's the battery indicator. Yes.

This was inspired by Hawaiibadboy for doing his Hi Fi theme.

I'll post it up tomorrow or the next day after I finalize the theme.............. Sorry for the tease again but I have just got to get some sleep and I recently got slammed with work.

P.S. Startup and shutdown animations are included in this one.

Jan 21, 2015 at 3:41 AM Post #954 of 2,614
Just a note on the delay going back to the main menu on the Tesla theme. It's probably because of the detail in the image is making the .png compression less effective and resulting in larger file sizes, which in turn take slightly longer to load.

Jan 21, 2015 at 3:47 AM Post #956 of 2,614
Ok, first of all thanks to @uzi2 for the minor tweaks. It'll only help improve the experience and I did say go for it so........... I do agree that it's only proper to ask though.

There is a lot of work in doing an animated theme like the Plasma and Tesla theme but I get a kick out of it and love the fact that others are enjoying them. To be honest those two themes ARE a lot of work because they aren't just icons, they are part 3d and part hand painted. That's why the startup and shut down animations are on the back burner, more frames=more work.

@Hawaiibadboy, I get what you're saying but I don't really mind. It's all good.

In the meantime I've made a theme that I think I'll keep on my X5 permanently! I only hope the lawyers of a particular brand don't come calling
eek.gif

This is what I think of when I think of high end audio. I'm LOVING IT but, as always, there are just a couple more placements and icons left to tweak. By the way, that blue bar above the VU meter......... That's the battery indicator. Yes.

I'll post it up tomorrow or the next day after I finalize the theme.............. Sorry for the tease again but I have just got to get some sleep and I recently got slammed with work.

Thank you for not crawling into a bunker thinking it's an attack. If nothing else I can see who takes stuff deeply personal and who does not. This is photo/text editing of a music players interface for god sake. Don't get so personal you stop reading after a 1st line or think a person is on a crusade....crusade?
 Everybody offended should channel that indignant whatever and channel it into an original theme before crawling into other folks stuff or a bunker.
It never dawned on me to submit a mod of another persons dream/effort/image .
I practiced with other folks  mods but would never submit it. That's my view.

As an owner of a McIntosh auto amp......that looks awesome.

Wow!

Is that a 1/2 active screen with rotation or does every icon have it's own image on the top....questions questions. battery mod looks cool as hell. I will be downloading this

Jan 21, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #957 of 2,614

As an owner of a McIntosh auto amp......that looks awesome.

Wow!

SSSSSHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Don't say the name or you'll draw attention!!

Again, the pic is washed, blurry and off color a bit. Looks better in person, blah, blah, blah.

Jan 21, 2015 at 3:53 AM Post #958 of 2,614
cover with red lettering picture great idea!

More like removed titles first and then placed battery images. Now I can actually see the remaining battery. :D

Jan 21, 2015 at 4:02 AM Post #959 of 2,614
Is that a 1/2 active screen with rotation or does every icon have it's own image on the top....questions questions. battery mod looks cool as hell. I will be downloading this

The needle moves with input from the wheel and points to the small icons in the meter. Underneath the meter the icons and text change depending on where the needle is pointing.

You can see the row of icons in the VU meter at the top but I made them very subtle or else it overwhelmed the feel of the meter.

Edit: I feel this theme has a 10/10 for readability.

Jan 21, 2015 at 4:03 AM Post #960 of 2,614
Ok, first of all thanks to @uzi2 for the minor tweaks. It'll only help improve the experience and I did say go for it so........... I do agree that it's only proper to ask though.

@Hawaiibadboy, I get what you're saying but I don't really mind. It's all good.

In the meantime I've made a theme that I think I'll keep on my X5 permanently! I only hope the lawyers of a particular brand don't come calling
eek.gif

it looks like something that is worth a try!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back