Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Oct 29, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #436 of 2,614
  Hey guys, updated the first post to include mods from Bloodflame based on TheoS53's theme.

I also moved things around a bit. The first post will contain only the latest stable version and potential beta releases from FiiO. The versions (stable and beta) prior to the latest stable version will be "archived" in the second post.

I think that this small change will help everyone find what they want a bit faster.

Great idea! Thanks for your efforts in curating this thread, Nicolas

Nov 1, 2014 at 8:23 PM Post #437 of 2,614
Modded Theo and BloodFlame's themes into a plain black version with very stripped-down boot and shutdown sequences.  It seems petty fast to me.  Since there's not much difference, I haven't included any screenshots.  Just think of Theo and BloodFlame's with plain black background and topbar and you've pretty much got it  Hope some of you enjoy it!

EDIT: Removed link due to Eq white screen issue. Will repost when fixed.

Nov 1, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #438 of 2,614
I like it a lot, but I'm having an issue when I scroll to Equalizer and press the center button.  I get a white screen.  Nothingness.  Blank.  And I can't back out of it by pressing the upper right button.  I reinstalled, did a factory reset, same thing.  I have to turn the device off and then restart to get menu functions back.

Anyone else experiencing this?

As I don't use the equalizer, I'm going to keep this on for a few days and see how I like it.  So far I like the black and white aspect, it makes it much easier to see/use.

Thanks!

Nov 1, 2014 at 11:14 PM Post #439 of 2,614
Yup, I get the EQ white-out issue as well. I like this look a lot more than stock. I had never noticed that the song playing was highlighted red. A bit light but nice. With the black background a stronger red would be nice. 

Hey while you're at it can you double the font size on the now playing screen? My 50 year old eyes can't tell who is singing half the time.

THX.

Nov 1, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #440 of 2,614
My close-to-seventy eyes noticed the red.  But I did a lot of squinting outdoors trying to make out the little lines of artist/song while walking,  and with the black background it seems (well, I think it will, it's night here now) that it will be easier to read.  

Glad that my EQ experience is not just me.  I re-downloaded the FW and reinstalled it again, with the same results.  

Nov 2, 2014 at 12:50 AM Post #441 of 2,614
Sorry I didn't stress test it enough. I don't use Eq so didn't notice that white screen. I did get the white screen due to misnamed .png in the "playing" folder, so hopefully it's as easy to fix as that. I'll test and post a new link once I've got it working properly.

And I'm not sure if I can double the font, as I'm not aware of any font size setting. So we're stuck with the native size of whichever font we choose. Someone please correct me if I'm incorrect about that.

Nov 2, 2014 at 1:07 AM Post #442 of 2,614
I like it.  
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 2, 2014 at 2:07 AM Post #443 of 2,614
Here you go, chaps.  There shouldn't be any more problems with the Eq screen.  If you see anything wonky, please try a factory reset.  If you encounter any more issues even after a factory reset, please give me a shout.  Enjoy!

And again, a big shout out to @TheoS53 and @Bloodflame!!!

Link to FW2.2 Black Mod

Nov 2, 2014 at 3:12 AM Post #444 of 2,614
Here you go, chaps.  There shouldn't be any more problems with the Eq screen.  If you see anything wonky, please try a factory reset.  If you encounter any more issues even after a factory reset, please give me a shout.  Enjoy!

And again, a big shout out to @TheoS53
 and @Bloodflame
!!!

Link to FW2.2 Black Mod

Just installed your theme and so far everything seems to be working ok.

Just a suggestion, it would be nice to have something on the now playing screen when there is no album art.

Many thanks, and you have now made my X5 easier to read.

Nov 2, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #447 of 2,614
No problem guys. Glad it's made your X5 experience a bit better. And honestly, TheoS53 and Bloodflame did all the hard work!

Just for your info. When charging there a a white line on the bottom of the screen about 5mm high.

Many thanks to you and others for a great theme.

Nov 2, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #448 of 2,614
Thanks for the feedback Flomet. I bet it's a product of quickly copy/pasting the same black background everywhere. It probably needs to be a bit taller for charging screen because there's no topbar. I noticed this in another screen and will try to fix those, tone down the boot/shutdown screens, and repost the corrected version soonish. No promises on the timeline, though. I'm a father of two boys under four years old, so I'm kept pretty busy :wink:

Nov 2, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #449 of 2,614
Thanks for the feedback Flomet. I bet it's a product of quickly copy/pasting the same black background everywhere. It probably needs to be a bit taller for charging screen because there's no topbar. I noticed this in another screen and will try to fix those, tone down the boot/shutdown screens, and repost the corrected version soonish. No promises on the timeline, though. I'm a father of two boys under four years old, so I'm kept pretty busy :wink:

Thanks for the reply, any chance of putting something on the playing screen when there is no artwork.

You take as long as you like as I remember when my 3 kids were young.

Much appreciation for all your work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back