Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Oct 27, 2014 at 2:24 AM Post #406 of 2,614
What's changed @TheoS53?

Any chance you might put one up with plain dark gray background? Hmm?

Changed the bootup and shutdown sequence
  @TheoS53 I just installed your firmware and it is brilliant - looks amazing - like a factory installed option. Great work!!!

Thank buddy, that means a lot. My main goal was to have it looking complete and factory like. One of my biggest gripes with themes and custom firmwares on Android was that they never felt complete. There are still a few small things I want to change, like the shortcuts bar. But it's coming together nicely now
That's a damn nice looking theme Theo.

Thanks a lot :)

Oct 27, 2014 at 4:59 AM Post #407 of 2,614
Made a few more changes.

More simplistic default album art image
Changed some headings and various other text
Shortcuts bar updated

I reckon it's ready as a final release. But please let me know if there is anything that you guys find that I've missed..and I mean, ANYTHING :-D

Changelog:
Boot up and shutdown sequence
Default album art
Font
Various headings and text
All backgrounds
Launcher layout
Overall UI look

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0byakk71eu19c0d/x5.fw

Oct 27, 2014 at 5:57 AM Post #408 of 2,614
Really nice job Theo - I love the font.

Oct 27, 2014 at 6:29 AM Post #409 of 2,614
Really nice job Theo - I love the font.

Thanks buddy. I searched quite extensively to get the right minimalistic font. Usually they're rather thin, which didn't work very well on the X5's small screen

Oct 27, 2014 at 9:38 AM Post #410 of 2,614
Updated the first post to include the latest additions by CH23 and TheoS53. Tell me if I missed any.

Also, a note for the modders: When you are done with your mods, I would suggest putting them in a compressed folder (.zip or the likes). That way you can name the compressed folder anything you want while keeping the x5.fw name intact. This also gives you the opportinity to put a readme file with your signature, any copyright thingies you want and a quick install instruction.

This will be easier for you to manage multiple mods and easier for the "consumers" who will have all they need in one package.

As always, thanks for your awesome work.

Oct 28, 2014 at 6:35 AM Post #411 of 2,614
  Made a few more changes.

More simplistic default album art image
Changed some headings and various other text
Shortcuts bar updated

I reckon it's ready as a final release. But please let me know if there is anything that you guys find that I've missed..and I mean, ANYTHING :-D

Changelog:
Boot up and shutdown sequence
Default album art
Font
Various headings and text
All backgrounds
Launcher layout
Overall UI look

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0byakk71eu19c0d/x5.fw

Man, this is awesome! I love the vertical text menu. Great job!!

But I have something else in mind, and I was just wondering if you would be cool with me using this as a base. Full credit given, of course. Basically, I just want to change the background and font. More specifically, a darker background and possibly using the Roboto Condensed font from Android. I have over a thousand other fonts too, so I have a lot to experiment with.

So, is this cool with you?

Oct 28, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #412 of 2,614
I

But I have something else in mind, and I was just wondering if you would be cool with me using this as a base. Full credit given, of course. Basically, I just want to change the background and font. More specifically, a darker background and possibly using the Roboto Condensed font from Android. I have over a thousand other fonts too, so I have a lot to experiment with.

I don't mind at all. But remember, if your theme turns out better than mine, I'm gonna have to sue you for everything you got :-D

Have fun

Oct 28, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #413 of 2,614

I will be very interested in your theme, must keep an eye out for it.

Thanks to ALL the nice people for these mods.

Oct 28, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #415 of 2,614
I don't mind at all. But remember, if your theme turns out better than mine, I'm gonna have to sue you for everything you got :-D

Have fun

Thanks! I'll try not to out-do ya :wink:
Hopefully I can find some time in the next couple days to get to work on it.

I will be very interested in your theme, must keep an eye out for it.

Glad to see some interest. This actually motivates me to get it done :)

Oct 28, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #416 of 2,614
I like the font you have chosen

Oct 28, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #418 of 2,614
Here's a preview of my re-theme of "Less Is More" with the Roboto Condensed Light font. I figured this font would work well because it's thinner, therefore able to show longer titles before it starts scrolling. I might also test with the normal weighted Roboto Condensed, but I think the Light version looks good as-is :) Any thoughts?

I'll have to wait until I get home to do the rest of the work I intend on.

Oct 28, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #419 of 2,614
Here's a preview of my re-theme of "Less Is More" with the Roboto Condensed Light font. I figured this font would work well because it's thinner, therefore able to show longer titles before it starts scrolling. I might also test with the normal weighted Roboto Condensed, but I think the Light version looks good as-is :) Any thoughts?

I'll have to wait until I get home to do the rest of the work I intend on.

That looks fine in the pic. Just keep in mind that the X5 has a small, low res screen..so you have to be careful about using a font that is too thin or small

Oct 28, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #420 of 2,614
That looks fine in the pic. Just keep in mind that the X5 has a small, low res screen..so you have to be careful about using a font that is too thin or small

Yeah, I had considered that. It looks fine to my eyes, but I understand some people's eyes might not be as good. Maybe I could release my final theme with both fonts as options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back